American says "can't yet forecast financial cost of 737MAX groundings

I don't see why AA cannot predict the cost related. SWA has already done so a month ago saying ours will be around 150 million loss for the first Q. Now this did include the gov shut down, the groundings as well as the labor dispute all in one BUT, why can't AA predict the cost estimate for the single problem of the grounding of 24 airplanes. Sorry, but I do not believe the story.

I agree swamt. Its gonna be a loss w just the MAX groundings. For AA its cancelled thru Aug 19 .So thats what bout 2 plus quarters w the groundings n loss of revenue

Its really no surprise, management is incompetent on most things why would this.be an exception?

I don't see why AA cannot predict the cost related. SWA has already done so a month ago saying ours will be around 150 million loss for the first Q. Now this did include the gov shut down, the groundings as well as the labor dispute all in one BUT, why can't AA predict the cost estimate for the single problem of the grounding of 24 airplanes. Sorry, but I do not believe the story.
Not hard to figure out Swampy, you go with known ticket sales, minus the loss of revenue that the aircraft would normally produce with the class configuration, so how many flights it would have done with loss of those seats plus cargo services.Boeing has to make payments based on non delivery of their end of their contract obligations.

Not hard to figure out Swampy, you go with known ticket sales, minus the loss of revenue that the aircraft would normally produce with the class configuration, so how many flights it would have done with loss of those seats plus cargo services.Boeing has to make payments based on non delivery of their end of their contract obligations.
I know this. And is why I don't believe AA when they said thy cannot predict the cost affiliated with the Max 8 groundings, I call BS...