Amfa Card Count For New Drive

Here's an idea. . . why don't we all fill out an amfa card and make them think they have more support than they do?????? :shock:

Makes about as much sense as saying you are going to vote for someone who you know is not the right choice for a union president position just to have the last word huh??

Just a thought!!!

twuer said:
Here's an idea. . . why don't we all fill out an amfa card and make them think they have more support than they do?????? :shock:

Makes about as much sense as saying you are going to vote for someone who you know is not the right choice for a union president position just to have the last word huh??

Just a thought!!!
I wouldn't give them the creedance of a card signed. Next drive, next battle...bring it.

Steve Connell said:
I wouldn't give them the creedance of a card signed. Next drive, next battle...bring it.
If history is any indication, there will hardly be any cards in TUL!!! They had fewer this drive than they did the drive before. I do look for them to charge though!!

Like you said Steve. . ."next drive, next battle, bring it on"!!

Any word yet on that debate Delle was wanting??? :shock:

Steve Connell said:
You should sign your card. If the twu would have done this a long time ago, we would have had an election, the twu would have prevailed and we wouldn't be having this debate right now.
Steve, I believe your next battle will be saving your job at MCI. As soon as the appeal is over, AA will be able to finish cleaning house. How long do you have with the company?? It's a funny thing, I see your name at the bottom of the senority list. Now that's some funny stuff. I don't care who you are!!!!!
I do look forward to playing again if the appeal is denied.

No Vote, No Peace..............It Figures!!!!!!!!!!

Keep the Faith.........AMFA NOW!!!!!!!!!!

twuer said:
If history is any indication, there will hardly be any cards in TUL!!! They had fewer this drive than they did the drive before. I do look for them to charge though!!

Like you said Steve. . ."next drive, next battle, bring it on"!!

Any word yet on that debate Delle was wanting??? :shock:
You must have had your head buried in, uh, uh, uh, the sand (yea thats right). We did not have quite that many cards in tul before. I know of several others that did not sign before that will now!!!! You see, we will not stop getting support until there is a vote and we either win or lose. Like I said we will vote sooner or later and we will win!!!!

"What we obtain to cheap, we esteem too lightly;-Tis dearness only that gives everything its value. Heaven knows how to set a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed, if so celestial an article of FREEDOM(from the TWU) should not be highly rated."

Thomas Paine December 19,1776

If there is no AMFA vote in July of 2004, then we will make it in 2005. With luck and persevrence and foresight we shall encourage and assist our fellow sufferers under the Little/Hall tyranny to free themselves also-the AGW. If they dump members onto our list they shorten their list and visa-versa.

We can at least help our suffering Brothers on the ramp by backing out all of the individuals placed in the M&R by the Compaany and the TWU.

That will give us the numbers necessary for the AGW to succeed.

Unless, according to them an employee can be in two classes and crafts at the same time...

The reality in Tulsa is that if you couldn't get enough cards after the 2003 contract concessions you are not going to get them.I work at TUL M&E and the people here have a backwards mindset.
Some comments are:
I make good money for Tulsa.
You are lucky to have a job brother!
You can't go anywhere else in Tulsa and make this kind of money.

Unfortunately, this mindset rules in Tulsa and the people here do not look or care about the bigger picture of line mechanics pay vs cost of living.[Too many new pickups and bass boats in the parking lot to risk a fight for more wages and benefits]
Another problem is there are too many people in AIR CONDITIONED shops and CAM who do not want to give it up.I've heard this comment that I'll take a few dollars per hour less to have AIR CONDITIONING.These people do not know the reality of a brake change at MSP in Jan or at PHX in July.

AMFA's only hope is for AA to outsource more of the Heavy C checks and reduce the number of employees in Tulsa so that the line stations outnumber Tulsa.

Just a few obsevations from a 18+ years AMT with most of my time in the hangars
I would have voted for AMFA if given the chance but the reality is that Tulsa is your obstacle to getting enough cards for a succesful campaign.

goingboeing,

You make some good points about Tulsa. The reason I believe we have a problem is because the twu instills fear into the mambership to keep them in line.

I talked to a couple of fleet service clerks tonight, they told me a story here in Tulsa about how the twu told them that if AMFA got on the property that they could kiss there jobs good bye.

First I asked if the twu person telling them this had the balls to put it in writing and sign it an they said no.

Then I showed them proof in the NMB decision how the twu was the ones that dragged them into this mess and then had the gull to tell them their jobs would be gone if AMFA got on the property.

Seems they are not to happy with the twu right now.

Just goes to show how low the twu will go to instill fear into the membership to get them to cooperate with what they want.

As long as the twu is successful with their fear tactics the local 514 sheep will fall in line.

goingboeing said:
The reality in Tulsa is that if you couldn't get enough cards after the 2003 contract concessions you are not going to get them.I work at TUL M&E and the people here have a backwards mindset.
Some comments are:
I make good money for Tulsa.
You are lucky to have a job brother!
You can't go anywhere else in Tulsa and make this kind of money.

Unfortunately, this mindset rules in Tulsa and the people here do not look or care about the bigger picture of line mechanics pay vs cost of living.[Too many new pickups and bass boats in the parking lot to risk a fight for more wages and benefits]
Another problem is there are too many people in AIR CONDITIONED shops and CAM who do not want to give it up.I've heard this comment that I'll take a few dollars per hour less to have AIR CONDITIONING.These people do not know the reality of a brake change at MSP in Jan or at PHX in July.

AMFA's only hope is for AA to outsource more of the Heavy C checks and reduce the number of employees in Tulsa so that the line stations outnumber Tulsa.

Just a few obsevations from a 18+ years AMT with most of my time in the hangars
I would have voted for AMFA if given the chance but the reality is that Tulsa is your obstacle to getting enough cards for a succesful campaign.
Now it's Tulsa's fault that amfa lost!!!! And when did you become the spokesman for mechanics in TUL????

It's soo funny and amazing to me that when one makes arguments about why amfa lost it is never the fault of amfa. It is always the fault of someone else. It's not amfa's fault they didn't have enough credibilty to get folks to sign enough cards, it's the fault of the folks in AC and CAM!!!! Oh wait, it's Jim LIttle's fault!! No wait, it's Sonny Hall's fault!! No wait, it's TEAM TWU's fault!! No wait, it's the company's fault!! No, wait it's the corrupted NMB's fault!! It's not amfa, never. Amfa can do no wrong, don't you know that????? BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH BLAH!!!!

IT IS AMFA'S FAULT!!!! TAKE SOME RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR OWN FAILURES FOR A CHANGE!!!!!!

twuer said:
Now it's Tulsa's fault that amfa lost!!!! And when did you become the spokesman for mechanics in TUL????

It's soo funny and amazing to me that when one makes arguments about why amfa lost it is never the fault of amfa. It is always the fault of someone else. It's not amfa's fault they didn't have enough credibilty to get folks to sign enough cards, it's the fault of the folks in AC and CAM!!!! Oh wait, it's Jim LIttle's fault!! No wait, it's Sonny Hall's fault!! No wait, it's TEAM TWU's fault!! No wait, it's the company's fault!! No, wait it's the corrupted NMB's fault!! It's not amfa, never. Amfa can do no wrong, don't you know that????? BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH BLAH!!!!

IT IS AMFA'S FAULT!!!! TAKE SOME RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR OWN FAILURES FOR A CHANGE!!!!!!
It's soo funny and amazing to me that when one makes arguments about why amfa lost it is never the fault of amfa.

twu...ER, Don't you have to have an election before someone can loose??

You guys still amaze me!!

Keep the Faith........AMFA NOW!!!!!!!!

twuer said:

How about if we dig up some articles that the TWU put out after its failed $2 million drive at Delta?