AMFA Organizing Drive to Replace Association

Status
Not open for further replies.

TWU informer

Veteran
Nov 4, 2003
I started this thread to avoid all the cross posting and personal bickering on the Negotiations thread.

Reactions: 1AA
Exactly how many cards do we need signed?

It has been agreed to by the Organizers that once the drive begins, we will add a weekly update disclosing the number needed to file after subtracting the number of signed cards.

No numbers signed or station breakdowns will be disclosed to prevent those opposing this drive from having information needed to combat the drive.

Once the weekly updates begin I will post here also

We have learned from the past drives that disclosing of some information gives the opposition an upper hand in their communications and strategies.

That being said, all it takes is reading this NMB Documentation
http://www.amfa-aa.com/pdf/42_NMB_No15_FUI.pdf

In this NMB Filing, American Airlines stated the following:

As of August 1, 2014, TWU represented approximately 11,349 employees in the Mechanics and Related Employees craft or class, approximately 9,079 employees in the Fleet Service Employees craft or class, and approximately 1,209 employees in the Stock and Stores Employees craft or class at American. As of August 1, 2014, IAM represented approximately 4,854 employees in the Mechanics and Related Employees craft or class, 6,507 employees in the Fleet Service Employees craft or class, and approximately 139 employees in the Stock and Stores craft or class at US Airways.

Last edited:
Just wanted to Thank Dave for once again getting involved and trying to move this thing forward. If it can’t be accomplished after everything they have done and continue to do to us, then there truly is no hope for us!

Reactions: 787nightmare
It has been agreed to by the Organizers that once the drive begins, we will add a weekly update disclosing the number needed to file after subtracting the number of signed cards.

Great idea(s). The haters will say this number should be a state secret, but people like benchmarks- they're inspiring.

Ideally, will also have the knock-on effect of motivating people to get cards signed in the workplaces, become more engaged in your drive, etc.

Last edited:
Their should be a strategy for new hires who may be reluctant to sign cards as the local leaders will be on them like vultures. The progression to top pay, comparisons of Association vs AMFA updates, industry trends and the fact that the industry needs their skills in the future should convince them that they NEED a professional organization in their corner.

Pretty sure they have had enough. Sick and tired...
Past experience, talk is cheap.
I hope this time that patience has worn out the holdouts.
Every drive always had a surprise holdout from a station or group.
Let's hope none of this will happen this time.

Their should be a strategy for new hires who may be reluctant to sign cards as the local leaders will be on them like vultures. The progression to top pay, comparisons of Association vs AMFA updates, industry trends and the fact that the industry needs their skills in the future should convince them that they NEED a professional organization in their corner.
Couldn't agree more. Here's a suggestion just off the top of my head. The organizers could speak with the new hires one on one, instead of asking them to sign a card with the worrisome of the asso. finding out and intimidation setting in on them, maybe this is where the AMFA National could be of some help and ask all new hires worried about someone coming down on them to download a card from the National site, fill it out, and send it back into National to keep confidential, and then National could forward those signed and sent to them, to the Organizing Cmte at a time deemed to do so to be counted towards total.
I agree with your thoughts on this issue. Since AA is bringing in, what, 400 I think was mentioned, then there must be something put in place to have new hires confidentially fill out cards and send in, not just handing one over to one of the organizers.

Reactions: 787nightmare
I would like to add my thanks to all that put their time and effort into this current and past drives. I will be speaking to those on the fence at my station by starting a conversation of the benefits for a Class/Craft Representative, without bad mouthing the current representation, I think that when people are allowed to ask any and all questions and are shown that those questions are valid to ask progress can and will be made.

Reactions: Vortilon
Status
Not open for further replies.