AMFA Organizing Drive to Replace Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
If AMFA is to be chosen (not a raid)as a new union by the mechs of AA, then this will need full participation by the mechanics represented by the twu.

hope this makes guys feel better

Are you indicating that the LUS Mechanics are a sure thing?

I would be lying if I said yes to your question. However, I have heard from many organizers that cards have indeed picked up greatly on the LUS side then from the last drive. To say they are a sure thing would be misleading a bit.

Here is an answer for you, there are some good people in leadership positions with the TWU. Like you and I, they didn't get to vote on the Association but have stepped up to represent the members. So, just because they are part of the TWU doesn't necessarily make them someone I wouldn't want in an AMFA leadership role.

I want to stand corrected one of our peers has brought it my attention that AMFA's leader is from Tulsa not DFW.

Having someone from with in the TWU run that would be their choice but, putting the sam ole ideas in at a NEW Union would only bring back the same ole BS we have had here all these yrs. So a fresh reboot is what in my opinion needs to happen to change the culture of what it means to be UNION.

I want to stand corrected one of our peers has brought it my attention that AMFA's leader is from Tulsa not DFW.

Having someone from with in the TWU run that would be their choice but, putting the sam ole ideas in at a NEW Union would only bring back the same ole BS we have had here all these yrs. So a fresh reboot is what in my opinion needs to happen to change the culture of what it means to be UNION.
Its the twu’s constitution “now the asses constitution” that has dictated the so called BS not the membership. The fresh reboot will happen immediately once we are free to speak for ourselves and not be governed by dues flow. Our collective agenda will have common ground once the confines of the communist constitution have been removed.

Its the twu’s constitution “now the asses constitution” that has dictated the so called BS not the membership. The fresh reboot will happen immediately once we are free to speak for ourselves and not be governed by dues flow. Our collective agenda will have common ground once the confines of the communist constitution have been removed.

How about the last 30+ years is the TWU going to use the Association as an excuse?

How about the last 30+ years is the TWU going to use the Association as an excuse?
The twu minions will blame the ass but the push to rid ourselves of the twu’s Governing document “constitution” was going on way before the asses arrival.

I’m indicating that the LUS IAM AMTs are doing good now and are not inclined to sign an AMFA card. Based on the 20 I talked to. So TWU AMTs will have to have full participation in order to get enough cards.

UAL mechs get 7 weeks vacation plus an 8th with DAT, ask your LUS mech who can do the same thing that a Twu mech can’t.

30 year UA mechs get 7 weeks paid vacation plus 4 paid floating holidays and 6 paid holidays where the 8 hour paid straight time portion can be deferred and taken as an additional day off later, ( also all hours worked on any of the 6 actual holidays are paid at overtime on top of whether you chose to take the 8 hour straight holiday pay then or defer. So you can work 8 hrs on a holiday at double time and a half, and if you pick up a second shift that one would be at overtime rate.

UAL mechs get 7 weeks vacation plus an 8th with DAT, ask your LUS mech who can do the same thing that a Twu mech can’t.

I’m indicating that the LUS IAM AMTs are doing good now and are not inclined to sign an AMFA card. Based on the 20 I talked to. So TWU AMTs will have to have full participation in order to get enough cards.

Odd you should say that, the LUS guys at DFW are pretty much already signed, and cards are coming in from IAM stations all around the system. Add to that, title II mechanics are not only signing cards but requesting more for people they work with.

Odd you should say that, the LUS guys at DFW are pretty much already signed, and cards are coming in from IAM stations all around the system. Add to that, title II mechanics are not only signing cards but requesting more for people they work with.
Great news. Good to see both sides and title 2 working together to get this done.

Great news. Good to see both sides and title 2 working together to get this done.

Indeed, very positive news. Keep it up fellas.
Just announced that Spirit is also in a strong and energetic AMFA card drive. You AA'ers gonna let Spirit mechs and MC's beat you all to the poles??
Card drives are picking up all over the place for AMFA. Now confirmed two airlines are wanting AMFA in as their representation. I also have been hearing of a third and maybe (not solid yet) a forth which is rumored at this point. 2020 looks to be a good year for AMFA at many airlines.

Press Release: AMFA Announces Card Drive for AMTs and Maintenance Controllers at Spirit Airlines
December 11, 2019 -- On the heels of having won its representational election at Horizon Air, the Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Association (AMFA) announced that a union card drive has begun at Spirit Airlines — the self-proclaimed ultra-low-cost carrier headquartered in Miramar, Florida. While it is unusual for AMFA to publicize card drive initiatives, given that the Aircraft Maintenance Technicians (AMTs) at Spirit Airlines are currently non-unionized, it is important to build awareness that this significant initiative is underway.
Read More

Now hopefully all Aircraft Technicians and related see how well Pilots and Flight Attendants fare with their much stronger unions....If we all Band together to Join one union representing all Aircraft Mechanics, imagine the headaches the Airlines will have keeping us all happy! Now appears to be the time when this all could happen.....The dissatisfaction will current, older Unions is out there stronger than ever...........

Now hopefully all Aircraft Technicians and related see how well Pilots and Flight Attendants fare with their much stronger unions....If we all Band together to Join one union representing all Aircraft Mechanics, imagine the headaches the Airlines will have keeping us all happy! Now appears to be the time when this all could happen.....The dissatisfaction will current, older Unions is out there stronger than ever...........

Yes Paul. And the request for AMFA representation being such a strong Class and Craft union for mechanics and related, are getting stronger and stronger. Just after Horizon overwhelmingly voted AMFA in now Spirit is running a fast pace AMFA card drive too. Hearing of more airlines inquiring as we speak. 3 airlines asking for AMFA representation speaks volumes from the mechanics in the airline industry. AMFA just keeps getting stronger and stronger. Good luck to all on your card drives...

Press Release: AMFA Welcomes Horizon Air Mechanics and Related Employees
August 22, 2019 -The National Mediation Board (NMB) officially announced today that the Aircraft Maintenance Technicians (AMTs) at Horizon Air voted to elect the Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Association (AMFA), to be their exclusive collective bargaining agent.
Read More...
Download: 20190822_NMB_AMFA_Certification_Letter_Horizon_Air.pdf

Press Release: AMFA Announces Card Drive for AMTs and Maintenance Controllers at Spirit Airlines
December 11, 2019 -- On the heels of having won its representational election at Horizon Air, the Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Association (AMFA) announced that a union card drive has begun at Spirit Airlines — the self-proclaimed ultra-low-cost carrier headquartered in Miramar, Florida. While it is unusual for AMFA to publicize card drive initiatives, given that the Aircraft Maintenance Technicians (AMTs) at Spirit Airlines are currently non-unionized, it is important to build awareness that this significant initiative is underway.
Read More...

Yes Paul. And the request for AMFA representation being such a strong Class and Craft union for mechanics and related, are getting stronger and stronger. Just after Horizon overwhelmingly voted AMFA in now Spirit is running a fast pace AMFA card drive too. Hearing of more airlines inquiring as we speak. 3 airlines asking for AMFA representation speaks volumes from the mechanics in the airline industry. AMFA just keeps getting stronger and stronger. Good luck to all on your card drives...

Press Release: AMFA Welcomes Horizon Air Mechanics and Related Employees
August 22, 2019 -The National Mediation Board (NMB) officially announced today that the Aircraft Maintenance Technicians (AMTs) at Horizon Air voted to elect the Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Association (AMFA), to be their exclusive collective bargaining agent.
Read More...
Download: 20190822_NMB_AMFA_Certification_Letter_Horizon_Air.pdf

Read More...

Status
Not open for further replies.