AMFA Organizing Drive to Replace Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m indicating that the LUS IAM AMTs are doing good now and are not inclined to sign an AMFA card. Based on the 20 I talked to. So TWU AMTs will have to have full participation in order to get enough cards.

UAL mechs get 7 weeks vacation plus an 8th with DAT, ask your LUS mech who can do the same thing that a Twu mech can’t.

Did you only speak to the ones at your Donut Shop?

Reactions: Rogallo
All maintenance Planners
All maintenance Auditors
All maintenance Trainers

Are in Mechanic and Related craft or class
And yes we need their signed cards also
Our planner signed a card yesterday and took enough cards for our planners' entire group. They are mad about the dues increase letter they received from their Lodge. We have even received cards from AMT's that have never signed a card before, this drive is different. I want to give a sincere thanks to all the guys that have gone through the frustration of past drives but are still energized and positive towards getting this done. I know I did not have the stomach any more of getting the kool-aid drinkers to even listen (much less discuss) their options of representation. Good work & thank you!

Our planner signed a card yesterday and took enough cards for our planners' entire group. They are mad about the dues increase letter they received from their Lodge. We have even received cards from AMT's that have never signed a card before, this drive is different. I want to give a sincere thanks to all the guys that have gone through the frustration of past drives but are still energized and positive towards getting this done. I know I did not have the stomach any more of getting the kool-aid drinkers to even listen (much less discuss) their options of representation. Good work & thank you!
i have been contacted by facilities maintenance in two stations and the same thing people i never thought would sign are asking for cards.

I’m indicating that the LUS IAM AMTs are doing good now and are not inclined to sign an AMFA card. Based on the 20 I talked to. So TWU AMTs will have to have full participation in order to get enough cards.

UAL mechs get 7 weeks vacation plus an 8th with DAT, ask your LUS mech who can do the same thing that a Twu mech can’t.

The Association has T/A'd the IAM Pension issue
ALL current IAM and ALL new hire TWU and IAM employees will be forced into the IAM pension
The company contribution to the IAM pension will be 5%
These employees will have their 401k match reduced by equal 5% to only 4% match

Anybody with half a brain would rather have a 9% matching 401k than the IAM pension getting 5% of that match only to fail and restrict your pension payments. The 401K YOU control!

Sign the CARDS, vote AMFA
Replace the IAM, TWU, Association, and Remove Fleet Service from your negotiating table.
ALL IN ACTION !!!
Doesn't get any easier and better than that!

AN INJUSTICE TO ONE - IS AN INJUSTICE TO ALL

ALL current IAM and ALL new hire TWU and IAM employees will be forced into the IAM pension

I can’t think of a better way to never be able to retire...

Anybody with half a brain would rather have a 9% matching 401k than the IAM pension getting 5% of that match only to fail and restrict your pension payments. The 401K YOU control!

Replace the IAM, TWU, Association, and Remove Fleet Service from your negotiating table.
ALL IN ACTION !!!

If this is true and it passes it is one step closer to being applied to all current TWU members in future negotiations. Bad news for everyone.

ALL IN ACTION !!!

That’s a nice gift to the pot luck pension fund. Not so nice to the newbies donating 5% of their company match to fund someone else’s retirement.

ALL IN ACTION !!!

What happens to IAM AMTs in a twu base when they go from IAM to the twu and vise versa?

ALL IN ACTION !!!

Is this a rumor or do you have some factual information to back it up?

I like the information, but if its rumor it should be stated as such.

Reactions: Duke787
Last update from the association just got a bit more detailed on how we are getting hosed. Looks like the card drive is threatened the association. Keep them coming guys. Let's get a vote soon and see what AA has to offer us if we go in with just title 1 and 2 into negotiations. We need to explore that possibility. We know we got nothing with the association. Way too many groups lumped in together.

ALL IN ACTION !!!

I have a simple question for all LAA employees. Do you want to be enrolled in the IAM pension, and why?

As I have stated in the past, and I will go to the grave with this statement. "Any TA with a TWU member forced or having the OPTION OF ENROLLING in the IAM plan is a no vote". I do not care if it is industry-leading in all other aspects, my reasoning is this, as we have seen in the past great contracts can be reduced or bad ones can be drawn out by the company with the use of the RLA (LAA employees are going through both right now). We all know that once the IAMPF becomes an option to TWU members it will eventually become mandatory, and when that happens it never goes away!

Being forced on the IAMPF is akin to being forced to buy stock in Sears/K-Mart, JCPenny or the State of California via payroll deduction.

This post does not go along with this rumor as being fact, it just seemed like a good place to restate my views & I hope that many of you agree with me so any TA like the rumor above is DOA!

I have a simple question for all LAA employees. Do you want to be enrolled in the IAM pension, and why?

As I have stated in the past, and I will go to the grave with this statement. "Any TA with a TWU member forced or having the OPTION OF ENROLLING in the IAM plan is a no vote". I do not care if it is industry-leading in all other aspects, my reasoning is this, as we have seen in the past great contracts can be reduced or bad ones can be drawn out by the company with the use of the RLA (LAA employees are going through both right now). We all know that once the IAMPF becomes an option to TWU members it will eventually become mandatory, and when that happens it never goes away!

Being forced on the IAMPF is akin to being forced to buy stock in Sears/K-Mart, JCPenny or the State of California via payroll deduction.

This post does not go along with this rumor as being fact, it just seemed like a good place to restate my views & I hope that many of you agree with me so any TA like the rumor above is DOA!
Being forced into the IAMPF for TWU new hires is opening a dangerous door for current TWU members. The idea was to get rid of it for a better 401k match for all. Did the Association T/A'd this or just a proposal flying across the table?

With updates like this how can we be almost wrapped up? These are big issues still to be worked out.
Pay raises? Vacation? Payroll changes? 401k vs IAMPF, retro, signing bonus?

Problem is it's an all me too for all association groups. All for one and one for all.

THIS IS THE ONE AND ONLY MAJOR REASON WE ALL NEED TO NEGOTIATE FOR OUR TITLE GROUPS SEPARATELY.

Let's get these cards signed at a record pace. I can't see guys not pissed enough to say let's wait or we are almost there.

Sign, sign, sign!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts