AMFA Organizing Drive to Replace Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure they totally are! Probably trying to look for names, too...
Asking for that kind of information on a open forum like this is trolling. Anyone at the workplace can locate or ask for a contact involved in the drive. Many avenues today. Text, WhatsApp, messenger, email and a simple phone call will work. So yes I see it as trolling for information to feed the association or just for self interest to spread rumors or make that person look like he or she is knowledgeable of the details pertaining to the drive. Information will be coming when it's appropriate to do so. Let the organizers focus on the drive. Let the association focus on a Industry Leading contract as they promised. We'll see who crosses the finish line first.

I'm sure they totally are! Probably trying to look for names, too...
Kev, Some people believe what they read here as the total truth about what's happening. I replied to him because I noticed the newnes of his membership here and the total number of posts he has. I don't care about any names at all. Truth about the card count that is another story. He may wish we had enough, at this point but it's only been a month and it's been over the Holidays as well. The actual number of cards that have been signed is a total unknown at this point, until they have been entered into the organizers data base. Each day cards are sent to get put in to the database so each day that number changes.

Some guys are still on the fence so to answer your question if it gets mentioned in the breakroom we have enough cards when at this point we don't then "YES" he could sway someone not to sign, thus hurting our effort to remove the current bargaining unit.

View attachment 14974

Here is a visual reference. 30 days ago today the printed cards were picked up and system distribution began. These are the cards signed, returned to PO Box, and have been sorted, data entered, and stored alphabetical per NMB requirements for filing. This an absolute amazing and enthusiastic response to the drive beginning. Remember another 3000 cards just left for the system this week! Thank Each and Every Person Making this SUCCESSFUL!!

Thanks for the update. I bet the association cronies are micro examining the photo you posted and are trying to figure out how many you have already. Make them guess all the way to the NMB filing.

Excellent!! Keep up the good work gentlemen. I too have seen, felt and now visualized a very, very energetic card drive this time around. I look forward to a positive and rewarding announcement in 2020. Don't stop signing those cards even IF they announce an AIP and/or a T/A. Just because they announce it doesn't mean the membership will like it, so keep those cards coming in and it's finally time for a change in representation at AA for the mechanics and related.
At this rate you guys may very well beat Spirit to the punch!!!
Here's to a fantastic start to the New Year 2020!!!
Informer, that tops all my Christmas presents this year with that update, thank you so much...

Reactions: 787nightmare
New cards keep coming in. There are always people for one reason or another didn't get a card. I have seen about 5 guys who initially held off on signing change their minds and sign. I have never seen that in the previous card drives. Things are looking good.
Can you share the reasons why they were holding off at first and then decided to sign reasons? It would help maybe to share the reasons as others maybe be still holding off too. I know some will never sign until new contract comes as they think by bringing in a new union would slow things down. In reality you can't get any slower than what you guys have experienced so far with this asso. in place. You really have nothing to lose as far as a new contract is concerned. And some are just scared of change. I admit some of us were to, but now that we have done it we all wished we had done it way sooner. Even all the other airlines now with AMFA wished they had all done it sooner. And Horizon is just overwhelmingly happy to have AMFA back with Spirit charging forward fro AMFA as well. I smell a very good year for AMFA new representational carriers in 2020. Keep up the good work guys. Stay positive and stay strong, it will all pay off in the end...

Can you share the reasons why they were holding off at first and then decided to sign reasons? It would help maybe to share the reasons as others maybe be still holding off too. I know some will never sign until new contract comes as they think by bringing in a new union would slow things down. In reality you can't get any slower than what you guys have experienced so far with this asso. in place. You really have nothing to lose as far as a new contract is concerned. And some are just scared of change. I admit some of us were to, but now that we have done it we all wished we had done it way sooner. Even all the other airlines now with AMFA wished they had all done it sooner. And Horizon is just overwhelmingly happy to have AMFA back with Spirit charging forward fro AMFA as well. I smell a very good year for AMFA new representational carriers in 2020. Keep up the good work guys. Stay positive and stay strong, it will all pay off in the end...

The reasons vary, some were just frustrated with what happened last drive with the false filing by the IBT at the NMB. Others came to the realization that the Association isn't any closer to a TA then they were 2 years ago. Then there are others who don't want to be the only one on the crew or in the breakroom who refused to sign as they are labeled as traitors to the profession. Just kidding about the last one, but there is a little truth to it; in fact, they are starting a new employee resource support group for AMTs who still support the Association.

The reasons vary, some were just frustrated with what happened last drive with the false filing by the IBT at the NMB. Others came to the realization that the Association isn't any closer to a TA then they were 2 years ago. Then there are others who don't want to be the only one on the crew or in the breakroom who refused to sign as they are labeled as traitors to the profession. Just kidding about the last one, but there is a little truth to it; in fact, they are starting a new employee resource support group for AMTs who still support the Association.
Who is in the new resource group? Sito alex and gary?

Reactions: Rogallo
Can't blame them at all. Most are seeing what we have been saying all along about this asso. they just wouldn't believe it in the beginning. Now that they have experienced it and witnessed it all, they are finally seeing the writing on the wall.
I don't think I would want to be the only one not signing either, at this point it's a no brainer. After watching just how hard the TWU, IAM, ASSO., IBT, CO., and even the NMB siding with them fought to keep AMFA out should be enough proof that AMFA is nothing but good for the industry and the profession of AMT's and the Related. When you gotta forge cards, illegally file with NMB, and AA also supply list in record amount of time to keep AMFA from responding in a timely manner just speaks volumes for AMFA and what they do for our industry and profession. And we are seeing other airlines come back to AMFA after being bamboozled by the industrial unions to go back to them. United mechs are also wanting to come back to AMFA just like Horizon just did. The entire industry is now aware of what is really going on.

Can't blame them at all. Most are seeing what we have been saying all along about this asso. they just wouldn't believe it in the beginning. Now that they have experienced it and witnessed it all, they are finally seeing the writing on the wall.
I don't think I would want to be the only one not signing either, at this point it's a no brainer. After watching just how hard the TWU, IAM, ASSO., IBT, CO., and even the NMB siding with them fought to keep AMFA out should be enough proof that AMFA is nothing but good for the industry and the profession of AMT's and the Related. When you gotta forge cards, illegally file with NMB, and AA also supply list in record amount of time to keep AMFA from responding in a timely manner just speaks volumes for AMFA and what they do for our industry and profession. And we are seeing other airlines come back to AMFA after being bamboozled by the industrial unions to go back to them. United mechs are also wanting to come back to AMFA just like Horizon just did. The entire industry is now aware of what is really going on.
If i were a betting man id say the odds of UA MTR wanting back in to AMFA is probably bec of what they see AA n US MTR with the ASSOCIATION. If they do go i wish nothing but the best may they succeed

If i were a betting man id say the odds of UA MTR wanting back in to AMFA is probably bec of what they see AA n US MTR with the ASSOCIATION. If they do go i wish nothing but the best may they succeed
Not only that, but I have been told by a few UAL mechs that they are fed up with the teamsters lies. They made promises after promises when they came in and have NOT delivered on one single item as of yet. The biggest two items were getting them into the pension and an industry leading contract and both fell short by a mile.
After losing so quickly out to AMFA at Horizon the teamsters are scared to death on losing the UAL'ers. So naturally they are spreading more lies and misinformation to desperately try and keep one of the very last mechanics group within the airline industry.

Reactions: Rogallo
Not only that, but I have been told by a few UAL mechs that they are fed up with the teamsters lies. They made promises after promises when they came in and have NOT delivered on one single item as of yet. The biggest two items were getting them into the pension and an industry leading contract and both fell short by a mile.
After losing so quickly out to AMFA at Horizon the teamsters are scared to death on losing the UAL'ers. So naturally they are spreading more lies and misinformation to desperately try and keep one of the very last mechanics group within the airline industry.
Guess thats their version of the Association. Sad

UA ( actually Continental guys at the time) guys didnt want in the Teamsters pension, funny as it sounds they actually trusted the Continental pension more than the teamsters one.

If youre talking about the sub UA guys getting into the (Continental) pension that has occurred and the company is giving those guys some kind of accelerated contribution ( I think towards 401K_)--- I dont know the details but I do know the company is not giving the sub UA guys pension credit for their seniority before the merger. But the guys that were furloughed for 17 years and just came back did get full craft, company and pay time so they came back at topped out pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.