AMFA Organizing Drive to Replace Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got done with talking to one of our maintenance managers who interviews the newly minted AMTs for openings in the system. These kids are responding to text messages during the interviews. One recently - during the AA interview, accepted SWA's offer for an AMT position. Evidently, this is happening on a regular basis. AA can't compete with the other airlines. Worst pay and benefits in the industry, and nothing but a weak assurance that it may get better at some point in the future.

1 week vacation first 5 years...5 sick days a year- 1/2 pay first occurrence, 5 Holidays a year-time and 1/2, is it a 9 or 12 year progression to top out pay.....knowing that AA is a poorly run company.....Yeah- I'd want to stay!

View attachment 14854

this should be the best tool we have to counteract the argument that we are close.

You just gotta love this one: Last two sent. in 1st para.
Why some of you may have heard that the two sides are arguing over the different ways... and so on. Then it says; Since we have been in nego's our M&R nego team has never had to have a vote to reach a position on our proposals.---- Well of course not. The week ones let the IAM win all the arguments, hence why you guys are still and a stand off... LMAO!!!

And more: While we all wanted to vote on representation... Hah hah! Flat out freakin lie there. THEY KNEW THERE WOULD BE NO VOTE the entire time and even sold as if the membership was going to have a vote until the very end and way too late. Nice try there fellas...

Even more... They claim the NMB made a determination and it was not an option...---Bull Shite. They could have done the loyal thing and had a election between the TWU and the IAM just like all the other unionized groups did (Pilots and F/A's). And as a matter of fact the NMB did not make any determination as they had "NO JURISDICTION" as we were all told by the Lead Supervisor at The NMB for those that took the time to call and ask them personally. The NMB DID NOT establish the asso. as they indicate above. The TWU and IAM filed with the NMB to be a combined union representing all the current TWU and IAM members as the new "Employee Asso." They just simply filed for it. And since the NMB had "NO JURISDICTION" over the matter, and the two unions used the dues check off list from upteen years ago for the suppose approval of the membership as a back door and final push to get the NMB to buy into it, they did and the NMB simply certified it...
Then they contradict themselves and even say that they had to go with the Jarvice ruling because the two side could never come to an agreement on the seniority issues... That was the arguing between the two sides... C'mon Man! Do they really think the membership is that stupid???
And now I will repeat Rogallo above; They claim that now is not the time as they are so close to the end of getting the JCBA done... Ha! That was freaking year and a half ago. Yea 18 months and still far apart on the last 4 "BIGGIE" items left that the asso. has already admitted will take the longest of all the other articles.
Just more lies lies lies. I can't believe someone put that out in writing and even signed it.

Sorry so long fellas, but had to address each lie and bull shite they are trying to spread even back then...Pathetic that Gary Peterson signed that POS full of lies update--if that's what you wanna call it...
Answered this first so just copied it over here since the same update was repeated...

Meetings in December might not be productive. It might just be a meet and exchange Christmas gifts.
With the APA talks starting next year and the APFA right behind them I feel that if nothing comes out of the Decembers meetings we may not resume serious negotiations for a few months into next year. Why?
The company will be tied up with the pilots and flight attendants in negotiations. We are just the same old news. Both sides are stuck on the same issues and won't budge. So with that it will be a wait and see who gives in. In the meantime we can sign cards and get this done while the association sits on their butt waiting for AA to give in. This will be another opportunity for us to take advantage of. Will we? Just sign the cards and let negotiations take their pace. We can't control the negotiations but we can do something to better our selves and move forward. I honestly feel the company doesn't care which union represents the title 1 and title 2 guys. The association has the most to loose.

Meetings in December might not be productive. It might just be a meet and exchange Christmas gifts.
With the APA talks starting next year and the APFA right behind them I feel that if nothing comes out of the Decembers meetings we may not resume serious negotiations for a few months into next year. Why?
The company will be tied up with the pilots and flight attendants in negotiations. We are just the same old news. Both sides are stuck on the same issues and won't budge. So with that it will be a wait and see who gives in. In the meantime we can sign cards and get this done while the association sits on their butt waiting for AA to give in. This will be another opportunity for us to take advantage of. Will we? Just sign the cards and let negotiations take their pace. We can't control the negotiations but we can do something to better our selves and move forward. I honestly feel the company doesn't care which union represents the title 1 and title 2 guys. The association has the most to loose.
Once again the APFA are already in negotiations, they opened up a year earlier and have TAed six articles according to their President’s last update.

Just signed my card Its time to be concerned about are own class and craft! Not worrying about APA APFA they have there own battles.Just to be rid of the A$$ will be worth it, how every long this takes!

I hope the IAM guys feel the same

Reactions: swamt
Below are the bio's and the 2019 LM2 for the TWU International Leadership

COMPENSATION - The Unskilled making over $1/4 MILLION EACH FROM YOUR PAYCHECK!

John Samuelsen - Track Gang Worker =$298,962.00
Alex Garcia - AA Miami Fleet Service Clerk =$288,625.00
Jerome Lafragola - New York Lincoln Tunnel Emergency Response Garage =$296,835.00
Curtis Tate - New York Transit Car Cleaner =$235,031.00
Mike Mayes - AirCal Fleet Service Clerk = $276,927.00

samuelson.jpg

garcia.jpg

lafragola.jpg

tate.jpg

mayes.jpg

TWU_2019_LM2.jpg

ARE YOU GETTING YOUR MONIES WORTH IN REPRESENTATION?

Below are the bio's and the 2019 LM2 for the TWU International Leadership

COMPENSATION - The Unskilled making over $1/4 MILLION EACH FROM YOUR PAYCHECK!

John Samuelsen - Track Gang Worker =$298,962.00
Alex Garcia - AA Miami Fleet Service Clerk =$288,625.00
Jerome Lafragola - New York Lincoln Tunnel Emergency Response Garage =$296,835.00
Curtis Tate - New York Transit Car Cleaner =$235,031.00
Mike Mayes - AirCal Fleet Service Clerk = $276,927.00

View attachment 14856

View attachment 14857

View attachment 14858

View attachment 14859

View attachment 14860

View attachment 14861

ARE YOU GETTING YOUR MONIES WORTH IN REPRESENTATION?

You have some "chutzpah" posting that on here! Lol

TWU Appreciates Your Loyalty and Support

See Attached PDF

Attachments

• The TWU greatly appreciates your loyalty and support.pdf
    841.3 KB · Views: 414
Reactions: Vortilon
Status
Not open for further replies.