AMFA Organizing Drive to Replace Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats good. Phx and clt are pretty good but they were last time as well. Never been much love for the iam in either station.
Phl may need work but i think everything will break for amfa if there isnt a ta before the end of february.
The association had its chances but didnt deliver. Now we are out millions with no end in sight.
Tim The LUS guys got a vote to replace the IAM with the Teamsters, so there was some question whether they were right for the USAir guys. Maybe the failing of this association will give us the same result with AMFA cards.

Reactions: swamt
I was told there are some cards out that look identical to the AMFA cards but they say I would like to rescind my AMFA card. Has anyone seen this or is it another rumor?

I was told there are some cards out that look identical to the AMFA cards but they say I would like to rescind my AMFA card. Has anyone seen this or is it another rumor?

I hope this is not a move again from the asso. co. or industrial unions! I would not think that it would not be. Stay on top of it fellas...

I hope this is not a move again from the asso. co. or industrial unions! I would not think that it would not be. Stay on top of it fellas...
Its a typical scam. The nmb hasnt recognized unauthorized rescind cards from other organizations. A petition only needs sufficient signed cards. And the card is good for 1 year even if the employee signs an iam petition revoking a card. Not Happening!

And so comes the threats, lies and scare tactics from the association.
Can't wait for the same old ones to come up again.

And so comes the threats, lies and scare tactics from the association.
Can't wait for the same old ones to come up again.
I am really waiting for one of the most famous ones from the past. Remember the quotes from the TWU/IAM/teamsters/and the officers that would always say that AMFA wasn't a real union because they are just an association? Now they are an association too. Funny how they were always making fun of AMFA being an association all those years and then they all of a sudden agree to become an Association to copy AMFA. SPEAKS VOLUMES!!!
What they will not be able to counter is the 4 big new agreements AMFA has just negotiated. 2 sec 6 new contracts as well as 2 newly merged seniority integration agreements. And what exactly did this asso. do when it came their time to nego seniority integration for TWU/IAM? They completely failed. And handed it over to a third outsider party to make the decisions for them because they could NOT do it, period.
Keep the cards flowing gentlemen. It really will be a worlds difference in representation, QOL, and professionalism for the craft at the maximum level.

Reactions: 787nightmare
Its a typical scam. The nmb hasnt recognized unauthorized rescind cards from other organizations. A petition only needs sufficient signed cards. And the card is good for 1 year even if the employee signs an iam petition revoking a card. Not Happening!
At least they can be sent to the organizers first for verification. If any have slipped through, as some folks may not know what an "official" card looks like. Then they contact those individuals and get a correct "replacement" card signed by them. Easy fix but a little time consuming for the organizers, but well worth it.
Maybe someone from the organizing committee can post here, on FB, twitter and all other social media, bulletin boards and any other communication avenues an example of what an "Official" AMFA card looks like so they all will know that they are signing the correct ones. Just thinking out loud to help stop something that might hinder some positive progress. Pro-active not re-active.

Tim, any thoughts on what will be said after this next weeks nego's?
Do you think we will all see the typical update of no progress like the last year of updates have been saying?
I predict big lies about progress. And lies about, just some wording and language needs to be fixed and they will have an AIP. All lies-lies-lies to try and stop or at least slow down this energetic card drive going at a record pace. They be scared, both asso and co.

I am really waiting for one of the most famous ones from the past. Remember the quotes from the TWU/IAM/teamsters/and the officers that would always say that AMFA wasn't a real union because they are just an association?

That was always such a reach and just reeked of desperation.

I've yet to see any positive, fact-based case for keeping the Association. So far it's been plenty of fear-mongering, negativity and deceit. None of those are an effective strategy.

I am really waiting for one of the most famous ones from the past. Remember the quotes from the TWU/IAM/teamsters/and the officers that would always say that AMFA wasn't a real union because they are just an association? Now they are an association too. Funny how they were always making fun of AMFA being an association all those years and then they all of a sudden agree to become an Association to copy AMFA. SPEAKS VOLUMES!!!
What they will not be able to counter is the 4 big new agreements AMFA has just negotiated. 2 sec 6 new contracts as well as 2 newly merged seniority integration agreements. And what exactly did this asso. do when it came their time to nego seniority integration for TWU/IAM? They completely failed. And handed it over to a third outsider party to make the decisions for them because they could NOT do it, period.
Keep the cards flowing gentlemen. It really will be a worlds difference in representation, QOL, and professionalism for the craft at the maximum level.

You'll lose your contract if you change unions.

Negotiations will reset to the beginning.

AMFA represents nobody. Strength in numbers.

They are not AFL-CIO affiliated.

There have been so many lies, threats and intimidations that I can't even remember them all anymore.

You will be charged for Dual unionism. Let them try that one.
Which two? TWU or IAM?

Stay focused on the agenda. Negotiations are going to continue regardless of the drive.

You'll lose your contract if you change unions.

Negotiations will reset to the beginning.

AMFA represents nobody. Strength in numbers.

They are not AFL-CIO affiliated.

There have been so many lies, threats and intimidations that I can't even remember them all anymore.

You will be charged for Dual unionism. Let them try that one.
Which two? TWU or IAM?

Stay focused on the agenda. Negotiations are going to continue regardless of the drive.

And here in the Labor Nego's 2020 thread is CB doing just that. Spreading lies about the AMFA fiasco back at NWA.
I can assure you, everyone of the X-NWA mechs we have at SWA now do not regret their decision when they were at NWA. It was a no-brainer forced by the co. for the strike vote when they are firing 53% of the membership with a contract offer. If anything at least the men and women of AMFA at NWA showed the airline industry what a "REAL" union must do to stand up to a very, very bullyan airline to try and destroy the union. Instead of the TWU at AA and the IAM at united just caving all the time and throwing the membership under the bus all the time.
He is still spreading BS, lies, misinformation, and STILL holding back on a huge amount of info. He still acts like we know nothing of what happened back then. Even a mechs from NWA have corrected him now and back then but he is still stupid enough to try and run with it again. It just shows how desperate they are getting with this fast card drive. It's working very well. And yes, all the guys need to stay focus on the card drive even if they do come back with something (I really don't see that happening) but I would not put it pass them to try a move to try and stall, stop or delay the card drive. They are desperate and scared and it is starting to show. LOL.

I leave you his post below, NOTHING but lies and scare tactics...

If I can remember, because you and I talked on the phone before. You are on the TWU Mechanic’s side.
If you feel you need a change, then more power to ya. My only suggestion to ya would be that you might want to contact just one of the thousands of FORMER NW mechanics that thought they wanted a change too. They came running to the IAM saying they made a mistake after it was too late.
But again, if it’s what you feel you need to do, then more power to ya.

TinyTim...JCBA by Thursday. "Shutup, you know nothing!"
TinyTim...AMFA, sign a card! "Tim, you are a genius!"
Pollyannas Unite!

Pretty sure TinyTim has been silenced by his handlers. They might not be his handlers like the weez and 700 was but, it is clear that they are pissed at him and his statements here about a T/A coming out.
This is the 4th time he has been wrong on a T/A coming out. He really does need to get a new contact for info.

Still no info from the asso. after the 1-20-20 update. According to P.Rez the 1-29 thru 1-31 are needed now and no update about that from the asso., just a blip from P.Rez in the other nego's thread. Pretty dam pathetic representation. They won't even let it out that nothing became of the extra phone calls (we all knew that) and that those future dates at the end of Jan are now needed.
Sign them cards guys. If AMFA was representing you guys now you would know everything going on and exactly where nego's stands. If you guys really want to stay informed and get detailed information as you go through nego's sign a card today and make that every so important move to better representation for all involved. AMFA 2020!!!

Pretty sure TinyTim has been silenced by his handlers. They might not be his handlers like the weez and 700 was but, it is clear that they are pissed at him and his statements here about a T/A coming out.
This is the 4th time he has been wrong on a T/A coming out. He really does need to get a new contact for info.

700 & Weez are kept men.

As for Tim, if the Association was doing their job, he’d have no audience. Think about it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts