AMFA Organizing Drive to Replace Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
copy. i thought i had read others tell stores to hop on the amfa bandwagon too.

i don't know. i'm not an AMT. if you told me what southwest's current rate is, then i can figure out if the AMTs got southwest +3% or southwest +1% or southwest +0%. i had heard about the company holding firm on 6 weeks vc for AMTs getting southwest + 1%.

fleet service didn't even get dl+1%, let alone dl+3%. united will pass us up this december.

united won't pass up stores, though.
With 2nd GEN's post I ran the numbers. We are currently at 47.7. AA at DOS will be 49.21 (acc. to 2ndG) that's 3% above us for base pay. You guys did get .25 more for lic. prem.

You must realize that we have a Fleet Service group that outnumbers our Mechanics approximately 3-1.
Buck, I don't care. Just because you guys have 3 times the mechanics has nothing to do with what their hourly rate should be compared to, period. That's an AA company quotation.

With 2nd GEN's post I ran the numbers. We are currently at 47.7. AA at DOS will be 49.21 (acc. to 2ndG) that's 3% above us for base pay. You guys did get .25 more for lic. prem.

So AA will make more than SWA in hourly pay? What is the SWA profit sharing plan and how much do you pay for medical?

Now after all these years we have seen the pathetic "highlights" we can expect a lot more let downs in the details.
The TWU is the IAM's bitc!!! How do the TWu reps sleep at night or even look in the mirror after this ??
The unelected, undemocratic ASSociation has proven over and over they are complete failures!!

Now after all these years we have seen the pathetic "highlights" we can expect a lot more let downs in the details.
The TWU is the IAM's bitc!!! How do the TWu reps sleep at night or even look in the mirror after this ??
The unelected, undemocratic ASSociation has proven over and over they are complete failures!!
I agree, maybe this is the final big awakening that we need to get enough cards and get rid of the association once and for all.

So AA will make more than SWA in hourly pay? What is the SWA profit sharing plan and how much do you pay for medical?
No. At least not sure, but don't think so.
AA @ 49.21 Base now add in all the lic. shift diff. and longevity.
SWA @ 47.7 base now add in lic @ 5.00 for 2, shift diffs @ .63 and .71 eves and graves, and longevity tops out @ 1.75 at 12 years.
Total all in rate for Day shift mech is 54.45
eve shift is 55.08
grave shift is 55.16
Add 6% to base rate for lead mechanics and inspectors.
Add 12% to base for a Lead Inspector (that's 2-6% increases over the reg mech.)
I am not sure of all the numbers of PS and how it is calculated but in my time here I have received anywhere between 8%-16% plus. I have not heard what this years will be as of yet.
401K is matched dollar for dollar 9.3% (if you guys really did get 10% that is IL except for maybe UPS)
As far as medical, if on the Regular Plan we pay nothing out of our checks for a monthly fee for medical. If on the others there is a monthly premium approx 300-350 per month dependant on choices and add ons. Some guys were as high as 400-500 per month with life ins options at the top. I think all of these numbers were increased in 2020 so I could be off as much as 100 bucks off as I do not know about the increased numbers for 2020 as I am in the regular plan and pay nothing monthly. I can only speak of mine. 200 ded single person, 300 ded family. 1250 single and 2500 family Max out of pocket. After ded is met I pay 20%, once Max OOP is met I pay nothing. Medications are included for out of pocket expenses.
I have heard that our other PPO's were as much as 8300 max out of pocket family, 1/2 for single and a 500 ded and you still pay a monthly premium anywhere from 300-600 and maybe plus. I did this by memory but most is dead on about the medical parts. It's a no brainer for all mechanics at our company should be on the Regular Plan.
Hope this helps you to compare. Any more questions feel free to ask.

Edited by me:
Forgot to add our Bonuses (Snap-up) was 20% for the years that past with no raises. Then in Aug (one month later) we still got our yearly 3% increase for a total of 23% up front, and then we will receive 3% for each and every year thereafter for a total of 5 years until 2023.
Our absolute top out is called 5 years but it really goes 6 total as we have a "there after" collum.
9 holidays with option to trade them in for Floating Holidays to take whenever we want with pay, plus 3 addition Floating Holidays 2 extra and one for your B-Day Grand total of 12 Floating Holidays if ya float all of them.
We only get 5 weeks Vac. after 18 years. Fought for extra week, but failed to get it. Instead they got where we can roll over a week from previous year if we have a week left over, AND we can also borrow up to 2 weeks from following years vac account with certain med and approval by upper management. It's just a gimmie, although I have seen it been approved for anything pretty much.
We can take up to 9 sick days a year and no acurrances anymore, just days. If Dr's notes are given then it is overlooked.
Unlimited day trades/shift trades as long as we maintain at least 90 hours per month paid and we don't get into the FAA's limits monthly (no less than 4 days off per month) Yes people have been warned and forced to take time off so not to trigger that red flag with the FAA. As far as I know this IS the best in the industry. Most are limited to an amount of dat trades per quarter or per year and even some per month.

Last edited:
Sorry TopCat but left out our final top out. Absolute allin rate will be just under 62.00 at end of this contract. We have heard that next time will more than likely be a 3 year extension as they have done in the past to get further away from these memories and long ass 6.5 years plus of nego. so KK has said he will be asking for an extension next time. We didn't quite match the UPS'ers with their 64.00 top out, but we did get a lot closer than the 8.00 difference before.

Sorry TopCat but left out our final top out. Absolute allin rate will be just under 62.00 at end of this contract. We have heard that next time will more than likely be a 3 year extension as they have done in the past to get further away from these memories and long ass 6.5 years plus of nego. so KK has said he will be asking for an extension next time. We didn't quite match the UPS'ers with their 64.00 top out, but we did get a lot closer than the 8.00 difference before.

Thanks for the info, paying zero for medical is great. The 401k in the AA proposal is 9% total not 10%.

20200202_195201.jpg

Now that a T/A is coming our way let's not forget the main reason for the drive. Removing the association from our group. If you come across anyone who will drift away from the drive since we have a contract to vote on send them or show them the biggest money grabbing scam that was ever created in labor unions.
Stay focused.

To All the members of the M&R class and craft we have a T/A we will all get to look at soon, remember that we also have a need to get as many AMFA Cards signed as possible so that we can remove the association as our bargaining unit. The drive has been going on now since the end of NOV, its time to sign a card and get involved to insure we can partition the NMB for a Vote where we will have a say who represents us.

My I suggest that men be put in DC with all info in hand when it's announced this time around? This way they can have a response ready for the NMB right then and there.

To SWAMT, 1AA and all the AMFA Supporters here and around the system, Aviation Junkie will be starting a NEW AMFA Organizing Committee to remove the TWU. So be sure to look for the announcement and his contact info, since he feels the current AMFA Committee is not smart enough to get it done. Let's all support his efforts with both groups we should have a filing with the NMB any time soon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.