AMFA Organizing Drive to Replace Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Rogallo! What's That? Have You Had Enough Yet? Lol Sorry......I couldn't pass this up! It's all Good!

Last edited:
Will we vote on the AIP in march or April? Any ideas
Heard early March and for only one day and must be done in person. Gee, could they make it any harder? Dum a$$ industrial unions. Why the F would the TWU agree to this? Oh yea, NM, the IAM is running this fiasco asso. TWU is just followers and lap dogs doing as they are instructed by the IAM.

Man! If you guys can't remove this asso. this time around. Thank you sir, May I have another syndrome.

Heard early March and for only one day and must be done in person. Gee, could they make it any harder? Dum a$$ industrial unions. Why the F would the TWU agree to this? Oh yea, NM, the IAM is running this fiasco asso. TWU is just followers and lap dogs doing as they are instructed by the IAM.
Like I mentioned earlier. Over four years of negotiations and now hurry up and vote in person one day only.
On days off, too bad.
On vacation, too bad.
On a CS off, too bad.
On sick out, too bad.
On IOD, too bad.
On training out of town, too bad.
On a field trip, too bad.
On personal leave, too bad.

But hurry up and vote. What a joke.

Like I mentioned earlier. Over four years of negotiations and now hurry up and vote in person one day only.
On days off, too bad.
On vacation, too bad.
On a CS off, too bad.
On sick out, too bad.
On IOD, too bad.
On training out of town, too bad.
On a field trip, too bad.
On personal leave, too bad.

But hurry up and vote. What a joke.
Now is the time to change all that for future contracts.

I contacted two union reps who have good communication with the leadership so I'm to believe. The topic was to confirm the process on how we are going to vote on the JCBA. Will it be the TWU way or the IAM way? We know the differences so no explanation needed. No response yet and they probably won't say anything until it officially comes out in writing or in a Q&A release. Although the associations credibility on past Q&A's have been in question especially #5.
Unfortunately the lack of information on this simple issue leads anyone to believe a suspicious and unreasonable voting process.

I contacted two union reps who have good communication with the leadership so I'm to believe. The topic was to confirm the process on how we are going to vote on the JCBA. Will it be the TWU way or the IAM way? We know the differences so no explanation needed. No response yet and they probably won't say anything until it officially comes out in writing or in a Q&A release. Although the associations credibility on past Q&A's have been in question especially #5.
Unfortunately the lack of information on this simple issue leads anyone to believe a suspicious and unreasonable voting process.
I find it very odd they could NOT answer your question right there and then. WTF?

Regarding how the TWU side will vote, no decision has been made yet - as of the Friday conference call for Local 591.

Regarding how the TWU side will vote, no decision has been made yet - as of the Friday conference call for Local 591.
Sounds like the rumors are true on the IAM way and the two unions are working out or fighting over the voting process. If true it's so sad that the leadership won't allow the best way to vote so everyone will have a reasonable chance to vote.

The decision has been made they are just trying to figure out how to break it to us.
Sito owns the twu.

By not answering my question does answer the question that voting will be done the IAM way.
Gotcha, agree.

Oh C'mon. Do you really think they will have two different ways of voting for the IAM'ers and TWU'ers? I thought this is one asso. union now? Just another reason to get rid of this asso.

Sounds like the rumors are true on the IAM way and the two unions are working out or fighting over the voting process. If true it's so sad that the leadership won't allow the best way to vote so everyone will have a reasonable chance to vote.
Ahhhh. And even after an AIP is done they are STILL infighting between the two different unions. This will NEVER go away under this asso. gentlemen. It will be like this (the infighting between the two different unions) forever and will be the absolute MAIN cause of all future contracts dragging out at the nego's table---FACT!
Guys I have never followed how the IAM has done their past contract votes, but I do know you TWU'ers had more time than a one day, in person vote for such an important issue as the future 5 year contract. Another reason to fire this asso., AMFA gives a full month to vote on newly contracts nego's. AMFA does this in order to get the largest possible participation from the membership. With our small group here at SWA (just under 3000) then why in the world wouldn't a union with a body of 10,000 plus give a month for voting? And what about the smaller stations with minimal folks at that would have to drive for miles and even to other states to vote when it can very easily, and way more cost efficient, as well as the most participation with electronic or call in and vote by touch tone. This IS ridiculous. This way of doing things is simply a non-union method of mythology. Sign them cards guys...

Status
Not open for further replies.