AMFA Organizing Drive to Replace Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got done with talking to one of our maintenance managers who interviews the newly minted AMTs for openings in the system. These kids are responding to text messages during the interviews. One recently - during the AA interview, accepted SWA's offer for an AMT position. Evidently, this is happening on a regular basis. AA can't compete with the other airlines. Worst pay and benefits in the industry, and nothing but a weak assurance that it may get better at some point in the future.

1 week vacation first 5 years...5 sick days a year- 1/2 pay first occurrence, 5 Holidays a year-time and 1/2, is it a 9 or 12 year progression to top out pay.....knowing that AA is a poorly run company.....Yeah- I'd want to stay!

sad but true.

great example(s) for the assoc. to fight it's corner with the lawsuit:

- not enough AMTs. dozens and dozens up to hundreds of AMT jobs were posted at single times on jetnet the past year. does mr. mcbryde believe that a shortage of AMTs would cause backlogs?

- the parts situation and lus procedures.

i don't believe the company wants damages from the assoc., they want to punish it's own team members with a lesser deal to make the lawsuit go away. these guys want AMT scope and didn't want to pay for it...they stalled and stalled and southwest will compel them to pay.

no deal for team members during boom times for airlines..i have to think the BOD is getting very restless.

sad state of affairs. america west leadership just can't get their heads around paying AMTs $50+/hr and fleet $33/hr. they want to eliminate title 2, i guess the pep boys will get contracted out to change the oil and brakes on gas tractors. will the geek squad from best buy get contracted out to fix a jetbridge on a -30 wind chill day in january?

Heck, it's so easy and it's got free postage to boot. I mailed mine today. What's holding everyone back?
Free postage? Is that new? Or has it always been free postage? Is this something new AMFA is doing as far as them doing their part of supporting???

Below are the bio's and the 2019 LM2 for the TWU International Leadership

COMPENSATION - The Unskilled making over $1/4 MILLION EACH FROM YOUR PAYCHECK!

John Samuelsen - Track Gang Worker =$298,962.00
Alex Garcia - AA Miami Fleet Service Clerk =$288,625.00
Jerome Lafragola - New York Lincoln Tunnel Emergency Response Garage =$296,835.00
Curtis Tate - New York Transit Car Cleaner =$235,031.00
Mike Mayes - AirCal Fleet Service Clerk = $276,927.00

View attachment 14856

View attachment 14857

View attachment 14858

View attachment 14859

View attachment 14860

View attachment 14861

ARE YOU GETTING YOUR MONIES WORTH IN REPRESENTATION?

Goodness, I knew they got phenomenal money but didnt know it was THAT phenomenal.

attached is a printable PDF of Bio's - Salaries

TWU Appreciates Your Loyalty and Support

See Attached PDF

Informer, I do not wanna be wrong here, but do I read all these statements correct as follows?
All officers pay total up to right at 1.5 Million?
And all International Positions total up to over 2.5 Million??

That is just crazy!!!
I know our officers get a slight premium over the highest topped out mech/insp/leads but good Lord, it's no where near where the industrial unions are. It's built into the constitution so not to get out of hand like it is over in the industrial unions corruption pay scales. No wonder you guys can NEVER remove anyone, they don't wanna take the chance of missing out on all that money for doing absolutely nothing but sitting on their areses sucking in all the dues money, incredible people...

Since some are dissecting the update here is my point. Here is the last para of last update below:

"Our intention will be, as it always has been, to bring the best in industry contract to our membership. We are fully prepared to reach conclusion to these negotiations if the Company is ready and willing to step up to the plate and get it done."

So the union is not moving at all, and they say, or at least indicate that it will take the co. to make the next move and step up to the plate and get it done. I still see a stalemate situation just from these comments...

Since some are dissecting the update here is my point. Here is the last para of last update below:

"Our intention will be, as it always has been, to bring the best in industry contract to our membership. We are fully prepared to reach conclusion to these negotiations if the Company is ready and willing to step up to the plate and get it done."

So the union is not moving at all, and they say, or at least indicate that it will take the co. to make the next move and step up to the plate and get it done. I still see a stalemate situation just from these comments...
It’s a stalemate alright!
One Association Member (SITO) saving the IAM pension that is high risk and I doubt many IAM members prefer over higher match on 401k.
The other Association Member (Garcia) screwing the AMT’s to protect his Fleet Service Clerk dues payers. Dual Unions fighting over dues money and power at the expense of every Skilled Technician on AA property.

While LAA AMT’s are losing over $2500 per month, and shafted on Holidays and Vacation. And American Airlines struggles to attract new AMT’s. The losses are staggering.

The two jack asses have excluded our local elected representatives from negotiations and demand the AA Management to keep secret the TRUTH of what’s happening.

American Airlines management should see the benefit of their Mechanic and Related employees separating from the Fleet Service Clerks. American Airlines is the last of all Carriers with unskilled workers dominating the future of AMT’s. To have a level playing field in the industry, AA Mechanics must correct this by signing cards and voting to leave the Industrial Unions.

AMT’s should see the benefit of not being at the negotiating table with Fleet Service and realize the profound loss of Dignity and Respect by being called “ground workers”. The AMT profession has been damaged and demeaned by Industrial Unions for years!

I honestly can’t see why we don’t have AMT Leaders of Locals resigning and leading this card drive. Not a damn one of them would sign their name to a statement today claiming these Industrial Unions are in the AMT memberships best interest.

Sign the cards guys!!
Years and Years of negative outcomes is enough!!

Happy Thanksgiving
And Let’s get a Mechanics Union for Christmas

Last edited:
AFA President Sara Nelson is flying today and visiting rank and file F/A's.

Has anyone seen Sito or Alex Garcia come through their ready room yet?
Your funny!
When you have no accountability why would you waste your time visiting ungrateful peons?

Reactions: swamt
Free postage? Is that new? Or has it always been free postage? Is this something new AMFA is doing as far as them doing their part of supporting???

I don't know about the ones being passed around the system, but the ones that you download are Business Reply Mail and the postage is paid by the addressee

I have some questions and comments regarding your post CremaDiLimone.

- not enough AMTs. dozens and dozens up to hundreds of AMT jobs were posted at single times on jetnet the past year. does mr. mcbryde believe that a shortage of AMTs would cause backlogs?
Do you really think there is a shortage of AMT's? I just don't buy it. American Airlines may very well be preparing for a max exodus after contract signing (those who actually think they are going to get a package) but American Airlines controls the timing and to an extent the flow.

sad state of affairs. america west leadership just can't get their heads around paying AMTs $50+/hr and fleet $33/hr.
If I was a Fleet Service Clerk (and I was for 12 years) doing a job that required no special skill and no education that paid me a good wage and had full benefits I would not be rocking the boat with demands. Truth is Fleet Service Clerks are highly replaceable and many would do the job for far less money. Don't believe it? Feel free to go to any gate using contracted labor and see for yourself.

they want to eliminate title 2, i guess the pep boys will get contracted out to change the oil and brakes on gas tractors.
There are many in Title 2 that have skill sets on par with any aircraft mechanic. Like electricians for instance.

will the geek squad from best buy get contracted out to fix a jetbridge on a -30 wind chill day in january?
I thought the airport was responsible for maintaining the jetbridge. Is that incorrect?

This is a question for the folks in the Know please back up answer with facts..

If the card drive is successful and we have a vote;
Please explain how the voting goes?
ex: is it possible to loose union representation ?
ex: what does 51 % of the voting mean?
ex: if the vote is split say 30 % IAM 30 % TWU and 40% Amfa.
Does this mean no representation..
The organizers need to have this answered.
Over herd the twu lackies spewing the no-representation scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts