AMFA Organizing Drive to Replace Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair the announcement did say the email would be sent on Wednesday
That's pushing it man. I guess I just don't get it. We receive our voting instructions and pins a month to a month and a half in advance and this was, of course, after the 2 months of road shows, meetings and answering all the members questions. We even had special meetings with our economist with one on one detailed and informative meetings as to how, when and how much all of our retro, bonuses, and raises including compounding and interest. And here they are trying to deliver the pins and instructions on the very same day. Gee, hope there are no glitches. God forbid 1/2 the members do not get their pin numbers and can't vote, but why would this asso care? They don't care and it is bluntly obvious.

SWAMT; To answer your question "YES" we have someone checking with AMFANatl. to see if cards are being signed or sent there.
Good deal. I was hoping that was happening.

it would be nice if they are holding a bunch of cards.
And I am sure it will pick up after the vote is over also.
Yea, I was hoping that right after the vote AMFA would say they have enough to file, that would be sweeeeeet. Good luck on the vote and the drive guys...

Reactions: Vortilon
In my 61 years on this earth, I've never seen anyone so obsessed with a company he/she doesn't work for.

In my 61 years on this earth, I've never seen anyone so obsessed with a company he/she doesn't work for.
What's sad is there are people that work for this company and don't show any interest in our profession.
That's what we should be focusing on instead of outside people offering advice and giving information related to our company and profession.

Reactions: swamt
What's sad is there are people that work for this company and don't show any interest in our profession.
That's what we should be focusing on instead of outside people offering advice and giving information related to our company and profession.
That is correct there should be alot more interest from AMT's that work here, but even though SWAMT does not work here his participation in this and other threads is useful to the current card drive.

I wonder how many of those complaining about "swamt" are actually Mechanics in our profession.
Anyone that comes to the " AMFA Organizing Drive to Replace Association "forum that is not a Mechanic only have one thing in common,
being a member of the Association that must be defending that Association.

Reactions: Vortilon
I guess I just don't get it. We receive our voting instructions and pins a month to a month and a half in advance and this was, of course, after the 2 months of road shows, meetings and answering all the members questions. We even had special meetings with our economist with one on one detailed and informative meetings as to how, when and how much all of our retro, bonuses, and raises including compounding and interest. And here they are trying to deliver the pins and instructions on the very same day. Gee, hope there are no glitches. God forbid 1/2 the members do not get their pin numbers and can't vote, but why would this asso care? They don't care and it is bluntly obvious.

Apples to Oranges!

That's pushing it man. I guess I just don't get it. We receive our voting instructions and pins a month to a month and a half in advance and this was, of course, after the 2 months of road shows, meetings and answering all the members questions. We even had special meetings with our economist with one on one detailed and informative meetings as to how, when and how much all of our retro, bonuses, and raises including compounding and interest. And here they are trying to deliver the pins and instructions on the very same day. Gee, hope there are no glitches. God forbid 1/2 the members do not get their pin numbers and can't vote, but why would this asso care? They don't care and it is bluntly obvious.
Thanks for the post. It verifies what I would expect out of union representation. The problem with both LAA and LUS membership is a large contingent of them have no clue what is to be expected out of a bargaining agent. Fu cked up seems normal to them and they think this is just how things are supposed to be. They haven’t a clue that they can self govern and call their own shots.
To some it’s like a cult and they are forbidden to have self thought or speak against their leaders. Truly pathetic.

I wonder how many of those complaining about "swamt" are actually Mechanics in our profession.
Anyone that comes to the " AMFA Organizing Drive to Replace Association "forum that is not a Mechanic only have one thing in common,
being a member of the Association that must be defending that Association.
I'm not a mechanic, I'm just an AA hourly employee that hates all unions.

Ahhhhh. NM, your next post explains it all.

That's because you do not understand unions, it's obvious. Nothing wrong with that just making an observation.
In your 61 years, IF you well informed about unions you would know that back in your days of unionism there were way more people like me who were all about the industry as a whole and not all about IGM'ers like most are now days. I am not slamming the IGM'ers as it has been these industrial unions that have made most all turn against the industry as a whole and become IGM'ers. The unions have pitted division and non unity when ever a disaster strikes when it comes certain layoffs or rifs and furloughs. In the short answer I am not an IGM'er, I would rather see all other airline mechanics as well as any other groups excel and proffer in their own industries within the airline industry. I also don't hate you or the group you work for as you hate all unions. I do understand you have only worked at airlines with these industrial unions and see why your hatred runs so deep and understand. But please don't hate your fellow employees (mechanics, fleet, or any other unionized employee) it's these industrial unions that have really fked it all up over the last several decades, especially at AA with the TWU and now the TWU and the IAM combined into one as the asso.
Stay safe, work smart, and let's get thru this crisis and try to remain whole.

I can understand why you have that attitude. I hated working under under the TWU so much I left the industry and started another career. That being said the TWU is particularly busted mostly due to entitlement. Not all UNIONs are like that.

Good luck to all of you voting starting tomorrow. I hope all of you receive your pins and passwords for voting in time. Take time to consider all for you and your families. Screw what everyone else says, including myself. Vote the way best fits yourself and your families. Look forward to the results...

Anyone that comes to the " AMFA Organizing Drive to Replace Association "forum that is not a Mechanic only have one thing in common, being a member of the Association that must be defending that Association.

Well, that's not 100% true, Buck....

I've come here for more than 17 years for one reason only: to see the TWU finally suffer the pain of losing members and dues. They even tried to get me fired back in 2003 for supporting guys like you and Dave, which clearly didn't work...

Voting begins today, sito would like you to vote yes and vote often.

Alex is still in the bathroom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts