AMFA Organizing Drive to Replace Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
With regards to the "Right Size" initiative many are talking about laying offs it does NOT make any business sense. Cuts the lowest paid employees in Maintenance both title 1 & 2 with the least amount of vacation keeping the older guys who are close to departure as it is. It would make more sense to give a PACKAGE large enough to help them make the decision to go. If there is a Layoff the 25k and 17 week stand instead could come in to play, which comes up to approx $60k.
That is in our new contract. So AA would benefit by just offering at least that amount or more to save the jr guys and admin costs. Having the Sr. guys being forced to aft/midnight shift to back fill ALL the jr guys will not solve the problem.

It's time for AA to run it's normal 15 yr shuffle of employees.

what was this all about?

Just as I said seniority and the backpay they went through the union and Don V, and the rest of the union officials just blew them off. So they went and filed a non-representational lawsuit. It went to arbitration and they won, but the company did not follow the recommendation made and did not pay them, money due.
They fixed some of the seniority issues, then it had to be re-addressed and then fixed the rest. BUT during all of this there was a meeting that happened that let these guys know that approx 200 others system wide had the same issue but they were never addressed. Union said it was on them to file for thier time & money.
This all happened during a layoff when the TWU & AA made a deal. They AA even made them sign a letter of non-disclosure. Just more of the BS that the TWU has let happen here that is just more reason they NEED to GO.

Same old path to get cards signed.
Title 2 won't get onboard.
Wait till we get a contract.
We are in negotiations.
We have a contract and many who said they would sign after a vote still haven't. Just another excuse to buy time from the organizers to get out of their face. Economy is in distress and we are losing money. Not a good time to change unions. Layoffs are coming and we shouldn't change unions yet. We have a contract so why change now? The fire is out. We are screwing ourselves and lying to ourselves. These are the many sorry excuses from a group of individuals who are suppose to know better. I guess things are great now.
Is it ever a good time to change representation? Since now we have a better idea were the problem areas are we should hit them first next drive around.
If we can't get strong participation from these area then what's the sense of asking the same yes guys over and over.
Unfortunately the Covid-19 pandemic slowed things down a bit. We have means to overcome this with IT. Come October the membership will go through a major reduction in force. Hopefully it won't be as bad as some say but I do not want the Association to handle this. Over four years to negotiate a JCBA in good economic times can only spell disaster when the company will ask for concessions and furloughs.

Last edited:
Same old path to get cards signed.
Title 2 won't get onboard.
Wait till we get a contract.
We are in negotiations.
We have a contract and many who said they would sign after a vote still haven't. Just another excuse to buy time from the organizers to get out of their face. Economy is in distress and we are losing money. Not a good time to change unions. Layoffs are coming and we shouldn't change unions yet. We have a contract so why change now? The fire is out. We are screwing ourselves and lying to ourselves. These are the many sorry excuses from a group of individuals who are suppose to know better. I guess things are great now.
Is it ever a good time to change representation? Since now we have a better idea were the problem areas are we should hit them first next drive around.
If we can't get strong participation from these area then what's the sense of asking the same yes guys over and over.
Unfortunately the Covid-19 pandemic slowed things down a bit. We have means to overcome this with IT. Come October the membership will go through a major reduction in force. Hopefully it won't be as bad as some say but I do not want the Association to handle this. Over four years to negotiate a JCBA in good economic times can only spell disaster when the company will ask for concessions and furloughs.

1AA

You are 100% correct with the excuses that the membership comes up with every time we have a card drive. Your suggestion to start with our trouble groups does not work either because they say how many of your guys have signed cards, and if they have signed why do you need us. This is the Title 2 Groups words.
Change from within was tried as well, that failed also. X-AMFA guys have joined the ranks of the TWU, and now are drinking the coolaid big time as well.

If we don't get enough cards this time there will NOT be another Drive. or a resign. The membership will have spoken so all the whining about the ASSociation should STOP. The Economy should have nothing to do with this nor should the CV19. If the mechanics at AA let this chance slip away AGAIN then all the scamming that goes on by the union reps will get even worse since we the members will have shown we condone and don't care how much they screw us.

If the IAMPF fails then the LUS guys will deserve what they get as well. The medical that many complain about well that will show the IAM and TWU are just
worried about dues not about being FAIR to all members of this ASSociation.

If cards are NOT filed by AUG. then it will be OVER, the ASSociation will make the deal to protect themselves in Sept. and the membership will SUFFER.
I'm thinking AA will come up with a big enough package to reduce the workforces aging members and keep the lower wage scale guys with less vacation.
The transfer of employees and this I said would happen 3 yrs ago.

Reactions: Vortilon
I know lot's of you thought OUR AMFA Card drive was dead I am Here to tell you that is NOT true, "YES" the CV19 put it on HOLD due to some of the main organizers were out with or in quarantine.

Our cards have been looked at by AMFA National and the cards that could be questioned by the NMB are being resigned, out of 600+ cards here in MIA I have only 4 to get redone. We are working on a transition team so that when we get the remaining cards needed to file we will be ready to swap over to AMFA.

So if you know a fence sitter ask him/er to sign or have not yet signed a card do so we are close.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paul Too and 1AA
So if you know a fence sitter ask him/er to sign or have not yet signed a card do so we are close.

Stupid.jpg

Sorry, can't help it!!

Rogallo;

Let's hope that your statement is NOT TRUE, this is our last chance to bring a new Bargaining Unit here to AA for the Title 1&2 Mechanics.
The sad thing is that our ELECTED leadership is determined to keep us in the association.

The sad thing is that our ELECTED leadership is determined to keep us in the association.

DFW Gen, and why do you think it's that way? The whole system is setup as a SCAM, and to use a Union chairman's words MY SCAM PROTECTS YOUR SCAM.

Many who have had enough of the TWU drank the kool aid and now have positions within the TWU to benefit themselves.

Taking back our Union Leadership and putting guys in place with AMFA will I am hoping going forward bring professionalism back to our Class & Craft.

Reactions: swamt
DFW Gen, and why do you think it's that way? The whole system is setup as a SCAM, and to use a Union chairman's words MY SCAM PROTECTS YOUR SCAM.

Many who have had enough of the TWU drank the kool aid and now have positions within the TWU to benefit themselves.

Taking back our Union Leadership and putting guys in place with AMFA will I am hoping going forward bring professionalism back to our Class & Craft.
Exactly, russel ditmer, gary schaible, gary peterson. All former amfa supporters now happily in power. " working within the system" for the betterment of the membership. I wonder what they are negotiating away for us. It took 5 years to negotiate a contract, and 4 months to give it back.

Exactly, russel ditmer, gary schaible, gary peterson. All former amfa supporters now happily in power. " working within the system" for the betterment of the membership. I wonder what they are negotiating away for us. It took 5 years to negotiate a contract, and 4 months to give it back.
Local 514 President dale Danker has admitted multiple times we need out of the association but has done zero to help make that happen

Local 514 President dale Danker has admitted multiple times we need out of the association but has done zero to help make that happen
They all say the same thing but will do nothing about the situation. Too afraid to jeopardize their positions

ILUVAA

Local 514 Prez says we should be out of this ASSociation, From what I hear from Dave S and others in Tulsa that we are doing well with card signing the best we have ever done there. We are NOW really close lets hope that cards keep coming in there and we can file by summers end.

Just wondering how we're gonna get cockblocked this time.

Hopefully the learning curve is over!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts