AMFA Organizing Drive to Replace Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
ILUVAA

Local 514 Prez says we should be out of this ASSociation, From what I hear from Dave S and others in Tulsa that we are doing well with card signing the best we have ever done there. We are NOW really close lets hope that cards keep coming in there and we can file by summers end.
That is good news. Maybe even before the end of summer. I am thinking some are now seeing the writing on the walls and they don't want to allow this asso to do as they please with the co. come by the end of this year. Especially with the co claiming 20-30% over staffed by Oct. with nearly 135K employees that will be big numbers for AA. Hope this is the year for you guys. Starting off a new decade with a class and craft union would be the way to go forward.
Thanks for the update. Sounds like AMFA National is still onboard with helping out, good, I encourage that.
AMFA@AA-2020!!!

Is amfa diluted with facility maint and gse? Which still would depress aircraft mech wages?

D7571987,

THE TWU/IAM is diluted with all the other work groups, so what is your point?

Per the NMB Facilities & GSE are part of our class and craft and until that changes it is just that. We are Not like some of the other craft unions, Example: electricians, plummers, carpenters, painters, If the BIG unions really wanted change they along with the so called Almighty AFLCIO would of changed that. But they are still under the old way of thinking that numbers count and it is NOT that way any longer.

It is talk like that which has caused the Title 2 guys here at AA Not to sign cards over all of the drives we have had. Just like it was the Non A&P mechanics in
T-Town who dictated policy to the rest of the line mechanics as well. The AMFA Organizers which I am one have worked hard to try and change that way of thinking. They are part of the mechanic classification, as are the title 1 parts washers and aircraft washers, welders and shop mechanics without A&P's.

We all need to stand as ONE group and remove this ASSociation.

I hope you have signed a card and for those who read this and have the same mind set and are using that reasoning NOT to sign a card, then you must be Happy with the catch all Diluted Industrial unions who don't care about you just your dues MONEY.

Last edited:
Is amfa diluted with facility maint and gse? Which still would depress aircraft mech wages?

No.
F/M and GSE are part of the mechanics class and craft and are represented in full by AMFA. F/M even has their own contract/language. Our F/M and GSE and plant maint mechanics are all extremely happy with the AMFA representation. They too were all told the lies that AMFA would throw them under the bus and only focus on the aircraft mechanics, and they found out the truth for themselves. F/M even now votes only on their issues and are not flooded with other mechanical issues that do not pertain to their work group. They too also said after becoming AMFA, they wished they had done it a long time ago and didn't listen to all the BS lies and misinformation from the TWU and teamsters unions to try and discourage them from going AMFA.
No regrets from any of us at SWA for going AMFA. I know that is hard for some to imagine, but once you go AMFA you will not look back or wish to go back, you just gotta pull that trigger and do it. Changing unions is a big step in life. It takes a lot of work but well worth it in the long run. AMFA's constitution says "any change to the contract takes a vote by the membership" and it does not matter if it's one word or one dime "ANY CHANGES", period. How many times has the TWU/IAM/Asso. bypassed the membership thru their decades of representation???
You of all people should full well know how the other unions lie and spread misinformation on AMFA, look who lied their asses off to get back in at UAL, where's all the promises they made? No one was met that was promised IF they were brought back in and you guys are still represented by the crooked teamsters, go figure.

upload_2020-7-17_19-48-47.png
upload_2020-7-17_19-47-58.png
upload_2020-7-17_19-50-29.png
upload_2020-7-17_19-50-29.png

I assume most have asked why the ASSociation and each union reps are saying we are out of the picture on these packages so why the TWU and IAM signatures?

Just another reason that those of you who have not signed AMFA cards need to do so that we can rid ourselves of these two industrial unions

This is a copy of the letter sent to Spirit Airlines M&R employees, lets join them as well and become part of AMFA, so lets get those cards signed so we can bring a NMB vote to AA to replace the TWU/IAM.

Dear Spirit Airlines AMTs:

First, I would like to thank you for placing your confidence in the Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Association (AMFA). Your grassroots organizing efforts and collection of Authorization for Representation cards from your workgroup in favor of AMFA is still ongoing with favorable interest and results. We are honored and promise to work hard on your behalf if you continue to collect Authorization for Representation cards under the Railway Labor Act (RLA) and should you choose AMFA as your collective bargaining agent when the times come to vote.

At this time, we have received signed Authorization cards from almost 50% of your workgroup. We intend to file for a representation election with the National Mediation Board (NMB) on your behalf when we achieve the 50% + 1 showing of interest rule, where signed authorization cards are submitted by a majority of your workgroup. After the NMB conducts an investigation, audits the signed cards and employee list, and authorizes an election, the election process will commence. At that time the NMB Voting Instructions will be sent to all eligible Spirit Airlines employees under the Mechanic and Related craft and class.

We have no plans to denigrate other industrial union competitors who are seeking your interests as representation agents; we will simply present facts about AMFA’s successful operations and let you decide on your own. For those of you who are not familiar with AMFA, we are the only craft- specific, independent aviation union representing aircraft maintenance technicians within the entire industry.

We currently represent AMTs at Alaska Airlines, Horizon Air, and Southwest Airlines – many of these AMFA members work beside you at airfields throughout the country. The AMFA–Southwest Airlines contract sets the standard for pay and benefits in the industry. As you know, a negotiated contract would give you continuity, structure and foundation in applied work rules for you and the company that is consistent across your stations.

About AMFA:

1. Members elect AND can recall all officers
  2. Members must approve any changes to our constitution or bylaws, including proposed dues increases
  3. Dues rate is the lowest in the industry – two times your base hourly wage
  4. AMFA negotiated for and represents the two of the highest paid AMT groups among commercial passenger carriers: Southwest #1 and Alaska#3
  5. AMFA has won tens of thousands of dollars in out sourcing grievances
  6. AMFA has open contract negotiations where member observers can watch negotiations, holding the company and their unionaccountable
  7. AMFA maintains a highly trained Accident Investigation Team (AIT) that works with the NTSB during accident investigations
  8. AMFA has established a Professional Standards Program and trains representatives for these positions.
If you need more information, or you have a pressing matter, please call our National office at 303-752-2632.

Sincerely,

Gene Painter

AIM,
Did I read that memo signed by the unions correctly? Is it saying you will receive 4 or 2 hours for each week while on leave for full time 40 hours (10%) = 4? And part time 20 hours (10%) = 2 hours per week? For everyone up to TOS. Then TOS employees would receive 35% of 40 and 20 hours = 14 & 7 hours respectively?
If this is the case, how in the world does AA expect a good number of folks to file for it? Especially for the long term leaves of 15-18-24 months.
Another question for ya. Was this agreement done behind closed doors and signed by the asso. with no feedback from membership whatsoever?
I couldn't fathom anyone not topped taking in 4 or 2 hours pay per week while on the leaves. If I am reading that right. That would be nuts. If this is the case, AA doesn't want anyone taking leaves and will move right into the layoffs full force. I could see some TOS guys/gals trying out the 35% pay if they all have a pretty good amount of savings and debt free.

This is a copy of the letter sent to Spirit Airlines M&R employees, lets join them as well and become part of AMFA, so lets get those cards signed so we can bring a NMB vote to AA to replace the TWU/IAM.

Dear Spirit Airlines AMTs:

First, I would like to thank you for placing your confidence in the Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Association (AMFA). Your grassroots organizing efforts and collection of Authorization for Representation cards from your workgroup in favor of AMFA is still ongoing with favorable interest and results. We are honored and promise to work hard on your behalf if you continue to collect Authorization for Representation cards under the Railway Labor Act (RLA) and should you choose AMFA as your collective bargaining agent when the times come to vote.

At this time, we have received signed Authorization cards from almost 50% of your workgroup. We intend to file for a representation election with the National Mediation Board (NMB) on your behalf when we achieve the 50% + 1 showing of interest rule, where signed authorization cards are submitted by a majority of your workgroup. After the NMB conducts an investigation, audits the signed cards and employee list, and authorizes an election, the election process will commence. At that time the NMB Voting Instructions will be sent to all eligible Spirit Airlines employees under the Mechanic and Related craft and class.

We have no plans to denigrate other industrial union competitors who are seeking your interests as representation agents; we will simply present facts about AMFA’s successful operations and let you decide on your own. For those of you who are not familiar with AMFA, we are the only craft- specific, independent aviation union representing aircraft maintenance technicians within the entire industry.

We currently represent AMTs at Alaska Airlines, Horizon Air, and Southwest Airlines – many of these AMFA members work beside you at airfields throughout the country. The AMFA–Southwest Airlines contract sets the standard for pay and benefits in the industry. As you know, a negotiated contract would give you continuity, structure and foundation in applied work rules for you and the company that is consistent across your stations.

About AMFA:

1. Members elect AND can recall all officers
  2. Members must approve any changes to our constitution or bylaws, including proposed dues increases
  3. Dues rate is the lowest in the industry – two times your base hourly wage
  4. AMFA negotiated for and represents the two of the highest paid AMT groups among commercial passenger carriers: Southwest #1 and Alaska#3
  5. AMFA has won tens of thousands of dollars in out sourcing grievances
  6. AMFA has open contract negotiations where member observers can watch negotiations, holding the company and their unionaccountable
  7. AMFA maintains a highly trained Accident Investigation Team (AIT) that works with the NTSB during accident investigations
  8. AMFA has established a Professional Standards Program and trains representatives for these positions.
If you need more information, or you have a pressing matter, please call our National office at 303-752-2632.

Sincerely,

Gene Painter

So I was correct? Had a birdy tell me about 2 months ago (maybe longer) that Spirit was getting a good amount of cards collected and may be filing in the near future. I was also told Spirit will more than likely beat AA mechanics to a vote. And that's still ok, as long as you guys can still get er done this year, preferred sooner rather than later. And that signed LOA you posted above better open some more eyes of the membership how this asso will continue to come to deals behind closed doors and even sign off on them before being represented or explained to the members. Just think how it will all go once Oct 1st is here and other LOA's that they will just agree to with the company behind closed doors. Being honest here and no BS. You would NOT get that with AMFA representation fellas, guaranteed.
Good luck AIM.
BTW; I voted to leave Painter in his position as well as the other officers. No change as far as my vote...

View attachment 15385View attachment 15384 View attachment 15385 View attachment 15384 View attachment 15385View attachment 15386View attachment 15384 View attachment 15385 View attachment 15386
I assume most have asked why the ASSociation and each union reps are saying we are out of the picture on these packages so why the TWU and IAM signatures?

Just another reason that those of you who have not signed AMFA cards need to do so that we can rid ourselves of these two industrial unions
Help me to understand why you posted the same letter 6x?

Just curious if the card signing is picking up a bit? I don't think the chart on AMFA@AA has been updated. Was hoping AMFA National would step in and start helping a bit more now that you guys are so close. I also realize the Spirit attention will wil get greater currently.

Just curious if the card signing is picking up a bit? I don't think the chart on AMFA@AA has been updated. Was hoping AMFA National would step in and start helping a bit more now that you guys are so close. I also realize the Spirit attention will wil get greater currently.
Never let your enemies know your battle plans. Haven't you figured it out yet?

SWAMT

There has not been a main organizers conf. call in two weeks, I heard maybe today, but cards from my understanding are still coming in at what rate ?????

I have been told that AMFA National is/has taken over the web site and is supposed to update as well put information there as well. Now when that will happen is on them since they are doing it and we don't have control over that.

I was also told the letter that AMFA National sent the employees of AA stating they are now in this will also be posted there.

Let's HOPE we can do a dual signing, Spirit & AA Joining AMFA's ranks...

Reactions: Rogallo
Never let your enemies know your battle plans. Haven't you figured it out yet?

Yes, and agree. Just hoping the progression is continuing is all. Final goal is for you guys to get into AMFA in 2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.