AMFA Organizing Drive to Replace Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't wait for a filing from AA at AMFA. If a filing is successful and we vote AMFA in then that's a step in the right direction. If we vote and decide to stay with status que then all of us should just STFU and continue with what we deserve.
Enough said from me.

Can't wait for a filing from AA at AMFA. If a filing is successful and we vote AMFA in then that's a step in the right direction. If we vote and decide to stay with status que then all of us should just STFU and continue with what we deserve.
Enough said from me.

1AA You are 100% correct, if the membership here at AA does not vote AMFA in for the M&R workgroup after the cards have been filed with the NMB. You will get just what you deserve for being STUPID.

You are mistaken. The SWA mechanics will not go to any of the industrial unions.
As far as Spirit, they are collecting cards from all stations, and should be done and voting soon.
Quiet week last week...only 3 new cards but we got this. BTW, besides FLL where else does Spirit have in-house mechanics?

1AA You are 100% correct, if the membership here at AA does not vote AMFA in for the M&R workgroup after the cards have been filed with the NMB. You will get just what you deserve for being STUPID.
STUPID is actually a compliment.
A bunch of sorry A$$ dumb $HIT$
is what we have among the ones that think we are better off status quo and are living under a very big rock. I've never been so disappointed at a group of educated, skilled individuals that reply with the most moronic, retarded answers when we try to educate them. Totally friggin amazing.

Quiet week last week...only 3 new cards but we got this. BTW, besides FLL where else does Spirit have in-house mechanics?
I have no clue except for DFW maybe, it could be contracted out there. You would have to research that yourself.
I do know that the card drive started on Dec 19, 2019 and it's for both the mechanics and maint controllers there.
BTW; 80% of the cards you "say" have been collected will be null and void since most all of them will no longer be employees come by the end of this year. Most all of them were just trying to make the TWU feel good by signing cards as they new they will be gone after taking the VSP early out retirement packages. :)
And by the average of what ya say you are collecting it will take you 10+ years to get the approved allotted number of cards and by then even more and more cards will void after more retirements within the 10 years. :)

I have no clue except for DFW maybe, it could be contracted out there. You would have to research that yourself.
I do know that the card drive started on Dec 19, 2019 and it's for both the mechanics and maint controllers there.
BTW; 80% of the cards you "say" have been collected will be null and void since most all of them will no longer be employees come by the end of this year. Most all of them were just trying to make the TWU feel good by signing cards as they new they will be gone after taking the VSP early out retirement packages. :)
And by the average of what ya say you are collecting it will take you 10+ years to get the approved allotted number of cards and by then even more and more cards will void after more retirements within the 10 years. :)

SWAMT;

I don't know who or if any representation they may have at Spirit, going to start there. If they have a union in place they would have recall rights, and with that they are still able to vote per the NMB. Signed cards expire after one year, so as the cards expire they would have to be resigned in order for them to remain good.
Here at AA our cards will expire come NOV. there have been in the past TWA and USAir guys who have been gone for yrs that would/will be able to vote if our cards get turned into the NMB.

SWAMT;

I don't know who or if any representation they may have at Spirit, going to start there. If they have a union in place they would have recall rights, and with that they are still able to vote per the NMB. Signed cards expire after one year, so as the cards expire they would have to be resigned in order for them to remain good.
Here at AA our cards will expire come NOV. there have been in the past TWA and USAir guys who have been gone for yrs that would/will be able to vote if our cards get turned into the NMB.

I have been told the mechs and controllers are not currently represented, just the Pilots and F/A's.
Let's hope we don't even get to Nov. for you guys at AA.
Never been in their shoes so gotta ask, do the past TWA and US air guys and gals that are gone for years now even take the time to vote in representational union votes? Especially a union representation change vote?? I also wouldn't know it it would be adventages or negative if they still voted.

I think for AA it's best to wait until the guys who took the separation leave. VLOA are still on the payroll. There should be a better number after September. You want the NMB and AA as well as the association not allow a snapshot headcount at the time of filing then you have to spend time proving these individuals separated and are no longer eligible to participate in any voting months later. So once all the early outs have left the company hopefully the numbers will be in AMFA's favor.

I think for AA it's best to wait until the guys who took the separation leave. VLOA are still on the payroll. There should be a better number after September. You want the NMB and AA as well as the association not allow a snapshot headcount at the time of filing then you have to spend time proving these individuals separated and are no longer eligible to participate in any voting months later. So once all the early outs have left the company hopefully the numbers will be in AMFA's favor.
Great points. Great idea too.
Are all your retirements (as far as mechanics and related employees) scheduled to be gone in Sep.?
So now would it be appropriate to say; hopefully by Halloween?? Or at least an announcement???

Great points. Great idea too.
Are all your retirements (as far as mechanics and related employees) scheduled to be gone in Sep.?
So now would it be appropriate to say; hopefully by Halloween?? Or at least an announcement???
I hear system wide many are leaving by end of September.

I have been told the mechs and controllers are not currently represented, just the Pilots and F/A's.
Let's hope we don't even get to Nov. for you guys at AA.
Never been in their shoes so gotta ask, do the past TWA and US air guys and gals that are gone for years now even take the time to vote in representational union votes? Especially a union representation change vote?? I also wouldn't know if it would be advantages or negative if they still voted.

SWAMT;

To answer your question I would say "NO" being off payroll they would not get ballots, for Local positions. We don't vote on National Officers they are appointed. But with the NMB that is a different story. The NMB will send a Ballot to every person that AA says is supposed to be on the list Unless the AMFA Organizers have proof of some kind that they are not eligible to vote. That is why we the organizers have a data base of guys who have left, in any manner. DEATH, FIRED, QUIT, RETIRED, AND SO ON. I would bet that the IAM/TWU would go out of their way to provide address for these people, Not sure at this point if AA would fudge the numbers or have any reason to help the Association stay in power. But in the past AA and The TWU were ONE in that fight.

I would bet that even if they got a Ballot they wouldn't vote since MOST here will not vote just like at SWA or any other union place the membership has little concern for its future. Can't be bothered. But we will see what happens after AMFA Natl. send out its next letter with our card count and when then cards get filed.

Reactions: swamt

1AA

Not knowing what station you are from here is something that you can do to assist the organizers when the list of names comes out for the VEOP both lump and 12 month payout, send that to one of the names on the amfa-aa web site it will get forwarded to the right person so that our data base can be updated. The guys on LOA will be able to vote as well as those taking the 12 month pay out. Only the ones who took the LUMP SUM will not be able to vote if it comes to AA.

1AA

Not knowing what station you are from here is something that you can do to assist the organizers when the list of names comes out for the VEOP both lump and 12 month payout, send that to one of the names on the amfa-aa web site it will get forwarded to the right person so that our data base can be updated. The guys on LOA will be able to vote as well as those taking the 12 month pay out. Only the ones who took the LUMP SUM will not be able to vote if it comes to AA.
When the list comes out we will all know. I'll keep my ears open and hopefully a list will be out.

Reactions: swamt
I hear system wide many are leaving by end of September.
1AA

The number could get larger now that the VEOP has been reopened to allow the FLL & SJU guys along with other stations that are closing. It would not make any difference if guys get laid off as long as they have some recall right they can vote.

OK. So we wait until end of Sep. and hope that the number of folks leaving lean towards AMFA's advantage on the scales to a vote or at least a filing to the NMB.
I am encourage by your writings and look forward to the announcement or letter from AMFA soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts