AMFA Organizing Drive to Replace Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
1AA

Not knowing what station you are from here is something that you can do to assist the organizers when the list of names comes out for the VEOP both lump and 12 month payout, send that to one of the names on the amfa-aa web site it will get forwarded to the right person so that our data base can be updated. The guys on LOA will be able to vote as well as those taking the 12 month pay out. Only the ones who took the LUMP SUM will not be able to vote if it comes to AA.
Quick question; what's the diff. on taking lump or 12 month pay out? Any advantages to doing this other than delaying the time frame that you leave permanently??

Quick question; what's the diff. on taking lump or 12 month pay out? Any advantages to doing this other than delaying the time frame that you leave permanently??
Lump sum pays NEXT YEAR and you seperate immediatly pension eligible. 12 month pay out every two weeks you get paid and seperate for pension purpose next year. Probably an IAM concession to push pension benefits out a year

To ALL of the M&R employees of American Airlines, If any of you are wondering what is happening with the current AMFA drive and where we are at this point.
You should go to the www.AMFA-AA.com web site. Go to downloads and open the latest letter from the NEC of AMFA to us. There is also many other informational facts there for you to read. You can also sign up to receive txt message with other information from the organizers. We are still working to make it happen this time and as I and many others have said we need all the cards we can get to counter act what ever foolishness the Association along with AA will do when the cards are brought to the NMB.

If you want to change our representation and are UNHAPPY with what is in our current contract and how even that is being handled it is time to sign a card and get some on your crew to do the same.

For all of you who do go and read this latest letter print it and place in the break rooms and work areas for the rest of your stations mechanics to read, Both A&P's & Facilities/automotive.

Reactions: swamt
To ALL M&R employees, we are closing in on the OCT 1st date when the US Government payroll money is supposed to end. AA and the Unions are scrambling to figure out what stations and employees are/will be affected. Isn't it time for AA of YOU to think about your career path and which Union you want going forward to represent YOU.

It is time to take you heads out of the dark place and get involved with your future. The AMFA Organizers along with AMFA's NEC believe we have a number of cards in which to file for an election, to prevent what has happened to us in the past more cards are needed. That means ALL OF YOU need to get involved.
Get a name from your stations organizer and see if you can get that person to sign the card, then give it to the station organizer to insure it gets back to us to be filed and counted. When the cards are brought to the NMB we want to insure we get a Vote. Have a SAY in where we go in the future.

Congratulations on your upcoming retirement AMFAinMiami! Make the most of it! I'm glad that at the very least, you are around to see the "potential" change in unions at AA; I know you worked tirelessly for change. Hopefully it works out for us! Thank You!

Reactions: swamt
Congratulations on your upcoming retirement AMFAinMiami! Make the most of it! I'm glad that at the very least, you are around to see the "potential" change in unions at AA; I know you worked tirelessly for change. Hopefully it works out for us! Thank You!

PaulToo;

Thanks, I still have a couple of weeks yet and I am still doing what I can to influence the members I know around the system to accomplish the task we the Organizing committee have been at for 20+ yrs.

I do have a plan after AA, from my past experience there is life after working for an Airline. I'm speaking from experience since I have worked at 5 Carriers in my 41 yr career.

Lets hope it's AMFA @ AA in 2020

Reactions: Paul Too

The Response Protocol Agreement is a new agreement between AMFA and Southwest Airlines for any future problems within the nego's between the two. Some policies and procedures were laid out to be followed IF one of the two sides thinks the other side is slowing, harming, or in any way shape or form think there are games being played by either side to stall, slow or in some way deter from coming to an agreement while nego our contracts at the table.
The agreement was overwhelmingly voted to pass by the membership and therefore will proceed to the next court steps of dismissing ALL lawsuits involved from both sides. Each side had 2 lawsuits a piece against the other, and AMFA had an added one on top of those that also personally named individuals just as their suit did with individual employees named.
By coming to this agreement, it is in my opinion, stopped all that crap from continuing to get uglier and uglier. When the new guy (no so new now) Kinder came in, one of his main goals was to restore the relationship between AMFA and the company after that history long 6.5 years to get to an agreement. He is already promoting an extension next time around to keep things moving along smoothly, and as long as this covid crap is much better when contract is due I don't see any prob with an extension and moving onward. Part of Kinders fixing that relationship has now taken place with some movement within the upper management team from the nego table as well as others that were pulling the puppet strings at the table. Thus new agreement was just one of the last final factors that needed to get done to keep things smooth.
One other item to point out. These suits can only get resolved by a passing vote by the rank and file membership by the mechanics. Notice that even AMFA National had no control of how this was getting handled, it was put in the hands of the membership to decide rather to agree with the new agreement and drop all suits or to press forward with all the suits through the courts. You guys at AA would not have this kind of control within your current asso., with AMFA the membership controls the "puppet strings", if ya will. Something to think about while you guys are making a choice of a possible union representational replacement. Sign those cards and allow the membership to take control of their very own destinations. Good luck!!

The Response Protocol Agreement is a new agreement between AMFA and Southwest Airlines for any future problems within the nego's between the two. Some policies and procedures were laid out to be followed IF one of the two sides thinks the other side is slowing, harming, or in any way shape or form think there are games being played by either side to stall, slow or in some way deter from coming to an agreement while nego our contracts at the table.
The agreement was overwhelmingly voted to pass by the membership and therefore will proceed to the next court steps of dismissing ALL lawsuits involved from both sides. Each side had 2 lawsuits a piece against the other, and AMFA had an added one on top of those that also personally named individuals just as their suit did with individual employees named.
By coming to this agreement, it is in my opinion, stopped all that crap from continuing to get uglier and uglier. When the new guy (no so new now) Kinder came in, one of his main goals was to restore the relationship between AMFA and the company after that history long 6.5 years to get to an agreement. He is already promoting an extension next time around to keep things moving along smoothly, and as long as this covid crap is much better when contract is due I don't see any prob with an extension and moving onward. Part of Kinders fixing that relationship has now taken place with some movement within the upper management team from the nego table as well as others that were pulling the puppet strings at the table. Thus new agreement was just one of the last final factors that needed to get done to keep things smooth.
One other item to point out. These suits can only get resolved by a passing vote by the rank and file membership by the mechanics. Notice that even AMFA National had no control of how this was getting handled, it was put in the hands of the membership to decide rather to agree with the new agreement and drop all suits or to press forward with all the suits through the courts. You guys at AA would not have this kind of control within your current asso., with AMFA the membership controls the "puppet strings", if ya will. Something to think about while you guys are making a choice of a possible union representational replacement. Sign those cards and allow the membership to take control of their very own destinations. Good luck!!

Thanks for the reply, anyway we can see a copy of the agreement?

Thanks for the reply, anyway we can see a copy of the agreement?

I have not been given permission by either side of the two parties agreement to post or release. All those legal documents were only released to the membership in a private with login credentials format to help keep it out of the media and only in house groups to work thru them all. Not even sure if it would be legal for someone to share; although I have not been told, I am sure there is a confidentiality agreement not to discuss in media and in public as SWA always likes to keep stuff like that in house and quiet as possible.
Sorry for that answer. But there are some things, do to legalities and agreements, that we just can't share. But, as already described by other AMFA releases all parties are dropping all suits and a new protocol has been put in place for a much faster and efficient method to resolve if were to come up again like it did in these last nego's that took place over 6.5 years. I honestly don't see it taking place again with Kinder in charge now and with certain individuals gone now and moved from nego's perm. so future nego's should go much smoother as they have now seen just how damaging it was between the co. and AMFA's relationship and moral.
TopCat, you can try emailing Bret our National Director of AMFA, let him know who you are, and if he knows you from his years at AA he might share with in more detail about the agreement, but still don't expect a copy being sent to ya. Hope you understand...

Just like this country does in the primaries. Just like this country does in special elections. It's how we in this country have our voting priorities. It's been this way for decades. So what is your point?
Did you just crawl out from under a rock? The important thing is do you care enough to vote on issues that are important to you? I'm sure you do.

At least with AMFA the membership has a chance to vote on these positions. You don't get that at any other industrial union represented employees period.
Do you get a vote for your very top union officials? NOPE! You don't. Most all are appointed by the good ole boy system within the asso's.

The 26% voting is a typical amount that votes on a regular basis for issues outside of new contract voting which was 96% last time. They will step up when they really need to. Most were wanting the officers to remain as they did.
You better hope your fellow AA mechanics care when the vote comes time at AA for AMFA, otherwise you guys will be stuck for life pretty much with this pathetic asso. doing whatever the hell they want to do to this membership for the rest of your careers. Don't forget to fill out an AMFA card so you can get that chance to vote for AMFA@AA 2020!!! :)

At least with AMFA you are are afforded the opportunity to vote for your leaders. TWU and IAM doesn't have that... Just one reason of many to oust these clowns.
We will see come time to vote if the membership is as upset as they claim to be. All talk for now. Lets see if that verbal energy can be transformed into the correct form of energy at the ballot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts