AMFA Organizing Drive to Replace Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
A quick update for those who follow the industry. All suits are settled and canceled after an agreement between AMFA and SWA were complied with, here's the AMFA National update:

Memo: Conclusion of Litigation
September 25, 2020 -- Yesterday, September 24, 2020, all litigation between AMFA and Southwest Airlines (SWA) ended when the Court closed the case after the parties complied with their settlement, ratified by AMFA–SWA members last week, and moved to dismiss all claims and counterclaims.
Read More

Reactions: Vortilon
We will see come time to vote if the membership is as upset as they claim to be. All talk for now. Lets see if that verbal energy can be transformed into the correct form of energy at the ballot.
its been a nice ride for fleet having mx with us. Honestly, mx craft has been pimped by fleet since the union just shifts the work but keeps the same dues.
It wont be good for fleet if mx leaves.
But I wont be around after the next fleet contract is settled. Unless we head into bankruptcy.

A quick update for those who follow the industry. All suits are settled and canceled after an agreement between AMFA and SWA were complied with, here's the AMFA National update:

Memo: Conclusion of Litigation
September 25, 2020 -- Yesterday, September 24, 2020, all litigation between AMFA and Southwest Airlines (SWA) ended when the Court closed the case after the parties complied with their settlement, ratified by AMFA–SWA members last week, and moved to dismiss all claims and counterclaims.
Read More
Ra ra so what!

Ra ra so what!
Some of AA's mechanics follow what AMFA does since there is a card drive in the works. This agreement that was in fact voted on by the membership to get approval is just one of the many things that the membership will have control with when they do go with AMFA as their union of choice.

Some of AA's mechanics follow what AMFA does since there is a card drive in the works. This agreement that was in fact voted on by the membership to get approval is just one of the many things that the membership will have control with when they do go with AMFA as their union of choice.
Just tired of hearing how SWA is doing, we at AA already know . We get it.

To ALL of the M&R employees who as of today will Retire moving on into the next Chapter of Life, I want to wish ALL of You the Very Best.

Many of us which includes (me) have had to at one time or another start over at other Airlines. Some have had to endure layoffs, and even had to commute from one city to another, to maintain employment status. Midnight shifts with bad days off, all the Holidays we worked, Family events missed, None of those things NOW will affect our lives any longer. NEVER AGAIN will we have to say "SORRY I HAVE TO WORK".

I want to say "CONGRATS TO ALL OF YOU" you have made it.

To ALL of the M&R employees who as of today will Retire moving on into the next Chapter of Life, I want to wish ALL of You the Very Best.

Many of us which includes (me) have had to at one time or another start over at other Airlines. Some have had to endure layoffs, and even had to commute from one city to another, to maintain employment status. Midnight shifts with bad days off, all the Holidays we worked, Family events missed, None of those things NOW will affect our lives any longer. NEVER AGAIN will we have to say "SORRY I HAVE TO WORK".

I want to say "CONGRATS TO ALL OF YOU" you have made it.
Congratulations on your retirement after your long multi airline career. Enjoy the rest of your days knowing you no longer have to rush to work to punch in on time. Stay safe, be safe and follow the sunsets to new horizons awaiting.

Reactions: AMFAinMIAMI
As we move into October which is 11 months into our current AMFA drive I am hoping that many of the M&R employees of AA have seen the letters from AMFA's NEC and have visited the AMFA-AA.com web site for information.

It is time for us to get ramped up to decide who is going to replace the TWU/IAM representatives at your station. We the organizers here at AA have worked hard in the midst of this pandemic and troubled time to gather enough cards to file with the NMB for an election. Something we should have had long ago.

We have sent out texts and have been calling along with emailing those of you who signed cards in the past but to this time have not signed another. AA and the ASSociation will do everything they can to keep this from happening. That is why we urge ALL of you to start a conversation in your breakrooms, ask guys will they VOTE AMFA in when the NMB sends you a Ballot?

Ask you fellow Title 1 & 2 mechanics if they signed cards, so no matter what we will not lose our chance to BRING a Vote here to AA so that once and for all the membership will determine which Bargaining Unit will be our representative in all future contract negotiations.

It is Time for the back door deals to end and all the scamming that our current representation has perpetrated on our members. Time to bring a Union here to AA that will LQQK out for its members and a leadership that is accountable to that membership.

It's Time to have a Class & Craft Union that will not have to share what is negotiated at the bargaining table with the mass number of other work groups here at AA. (NO Disrespect to those groups)

It's Time to regain the respect of the Airline we work for, and bring back the Professionalism that was once within us ALL.

Don't let this chance slip away, VOTE when you get your Ballot from the NMB your future and the future of all that will follow depends on YOU....

Just tired of hearing how SWA is doing, we at AA already know . We get it.
Then I do apologize.
To be clear it has nothing to do with SWA, but rather, AMFA representational class and craft union and how they work for the mechanics.

A Filing of our cards is COMING, so it's time for M&R class and craft mechanics Title 1 & 2 to get prepared to put new Union officers in place. That means you the M&R employees at AA need to think about who you want to put into the union spots at your station. Replacing the guys that are part of the ASSociation, those guys who are there just because of the SCAMS they are allowed to perpetrate on US and the company. Cards are still coming in from stations around the system.
Those of you that are helping to insure we have enough to prevent AA and the ASSociation from finding a way to keep us from getting a VOTE. GOOD JOB!!!!

SWEET!
Fantastic to hear AIM.
Yes, keep the cards coming in gentlemen and ladies.

AMFA@AA 2020

P.S.
AMFA National,
Can we pls send someone from National to Washington early to be 100% ready for any kind of quick super fast answers between AA, asso. and the NMB as far as getting their info to Washington just like they did last time with the eligible employees listing sent there in a record amount of hours.
Let's be prepared for anything, PRO-active.

Good luck to all the members trying to get AMFA in at AA, and AIM is correct, NOW is the time to stand up for your class and craft and get a mechanics union in place to represent the mechanics and their issues instead of 7 or 8 other groups all in the same representational organization.
Keep us posted guys...

SWEET!
Fantastic to hear AIM.
Yes, keep the cards coming in gentlemen and ladies.

AMFA@AA 2020

P.S.
AMFA National,
Can we pls send someone from National to Washington early to be 100% ready for any kind of quick super fast answers between AA, asso. and the NMB as far as getting their info to Washington just like they did last time with the eligible employees listing sent there in a record amount of hours.
Let's be prepared for anything, PRO-active.

Good luck to all the members trying to get AMFA in at AA, and AIM is correct, NOW is the time to stand up for your class and craft and get a mechanics union in place to represent the mechanics and their issues instead of 7 or 8 other groups all in the same representational organization.
Keep us posted guys...
So swamt how much is the union going to give up to keep you guys afloat?

I'm wagering not as much as the TWU did in their record setting concessions.

I'm sure AMFA will be smart and negotiate snap backs.

Last edited:
coming from a union that put it self in the postion it is today. geez. you just cant coach stupid
let see they just won the no layoff arbitration at alaskian.southwest is asking doesnt mean they will give up like a cheap folding chair, kind of like the twu....

Probably less then we did in 2003 when Jim Little sold us out. If we are approached with concessions it will be double of what we gave up in 2003 because we have double the unions representing us.

Status
Not open for further replies.