AMFA Organizing Drive to Replace Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
You failed to answer my Tee shirt bet. scared you will lose.
I never bet on anything when the last several times the attempts to get AMFA in at AA has been illegally tampered with either by the TWU, IAM, Asso., teamsters, AA and even the NMB did some very fast movements that suggest leaning in AA's favor. Having this many rather very large groups working against the smaller AMFA is a no brainer to not take a bet. Too many corrupt entities get involved when it comes to them trying to block AMFA from getting in at AA which just speaks volumes of why the mechanic and related should be bringing in AMFA for the new representational organization for the class and craft of the mechanics and related.

AMFA@AA2020!!!

I never bet on anything when the last several times the attempts to get AMFA in at AA has been illegally tampered with either by the TWU, IAM, Asso., teamsters, AA and even the NMB did some very fast movements that suggest leaning in AA's favor. Having this many rather very large groups working against the smaller AMFA is a no brainer to not take a bet. Too many corrupt entities get involved when it comes to them trying to block AMFA from getting in at AA which just speaks volumes of why the mechanic and related should be bringing in AMFA for the new representational organization for the class and craft of the mechanics and related.

AMFA@AA2020!!!
Ok I respect your reason for not taking my bet. Guess you are smart after all. You do know you just agreed with almost everything I stated in my opinion. AMFA has not figured out how to play the game. If the game is fixed. You cant win. Everyone is against you. The Mechanics at AA DONT CARE. That is sad but true. Its called IGM.

I anxiously await Petersons rebuttal.

I wonder if he will calmly spew his drivel this time or will he blow a gasket as he usually does!

Ok I respect your reason for not taking my bet. Guess you are smart after all. You do know you just agreed with almost everything I stated in my opinion. AMFA has not figured out how to play the game. If the game is fixed. You cant win. Everyone is against you. The Mechanics at AA DONT CARE. That is sad but true. Its called IGM.
Hold on there skippy. I didn't agree to everything you said. i simply explained why I couldnt take a bet when too many entities keep poking their noses into the mechanic and related efforts to get a vote for new representation.
Playing the same game, YOU just agreed with everything I said about all the interference and illegal intrusions to block AMFA the last few times. Who the hell knows what we will see this time around, although I do know the organizers as well as AMFA are much better prepared this time around...

Wow I actually agree with you. Don't tell nobody. I don't want anyone to know. They wont let me have pizza. LOL

Agree or NOT as long as we get a VOTE, that is my goal. Being at AA for 20+ yrs I have learned that most here don't care anyway. IGM as everyone says. It's the TWU way.

If we get a vote and the ASSociation stays OH Well that will be on you guys. If AMFA Gets in, I would HOPE that the membership remembers how the current Officers here in MIA and around the system acted while in office and NOT put any of the scammers and deal makers back in office. M&R needs a re-boot.

Maybe with the help and guidance of a Different Leadership things will change and AA will lean more towards being a UNION orientated group.

As far as your BET I am going to pass, like you have said there are too many variables and the vast influence of these Industrial unions, along with AA and the AFLCIO could overshadow any and all information that has been given to the membership on OUR part to have them LQQKING for a NEW WAY of Unionism.

We are all going to find out soon what is going to happen. This is and NEVER was a Raid by AMFA, this was and IS a grassroots effort by the membership of the TWU/IAM M&R employees to bring a effective change to the way OUR class and craft is dealt with by AA. Move toward the respect that the Pilots Assoc. has.

Just changing to AMFA will not accomplish that it will take time but as the NEW generation becomes more in tuned with what is happening with the industry maybe then MECHANICS of the airline industry will be looked at in a different way.

The Craft or Class of “Mechanic and Related”
Russell Dittmer

Abstract

Currently, in the eyes of the National Mediation Board (NMB), federally licensed aircraft mechanics are not considered a unique craft or class with a unique skill set and unique responsibilities. Instead, they are lumped by the NMB into a large grouping of seemingly unrelated workers called the Mechanic and Related craft or class. In contrast, however, pilots are in the unique craft or class of Pilots, flight attendants are in the unique craft or class of Flight Attendants, flight dispatchers are in the craft or class of Flight Dispatchers, and locomotive engineers are in the craft or class of Engineers. It appears to be an anomaly that the licensed aircraft mechanics has historically not been afforded the same unique bargaining status that these other unique groups of workers within the air and rail industries have been afforded.

Full Text:
PDF

Reactions: AMFAinMIAMI
Russell Dittmer

Abstract

Currently, in the eyes of the National Mediation Board (NMB), federally licensed aircraft mechanics are not considered a unique craft or class with a unique skill set and unique responsibilities. Instead, they are lumped by the NMB into a large grouping of seemingly unrelated workers called the Mechanic and Related craft or class. In contrast, however, pilots are in the unique craft or class of Pilots, flight attendants are in the unique craft or class of Flight Attendants, flight dispatchers are in the craft or class of Flight Dispatchers, and locomotive engineers are in the craft or class of Engineers. It appears to be an anomaly that the licensed aircraft mechanics has historically not been afforded the same unique bargaining status that these other unique groups of workers within the air and rail industries have been afforded.

Full Text:
PDF
Russ has lost credibility since he sold out his profession for a union position. He was an AMFA supporter until he moved up in the union ranks.

Reactions: swamt
Russell Dittmer

Abstract

Full Text:
PDF

To ADD on to your msg here highlighted above is what the AMFA Organizers have been telling ALL of M&R, you for years.

Bringing AMFA here to AA and outing the TWU/IAM ASSociation will give us a head start in being part of our own Class and craft. Separating US from Fleet & Store and the others here at AA represented by the ASSociation.

"YES" AMFA still represents others that is because the NMB has forever lumped our class & craft into the M&R group.

The TWU/IAM industrial union ASSociation just wants your dues, You did not get a VOTE to form this ASSociation, BUT NOW is your chance to have a SAY in which UNION represents us going forward. So lets Make AMFA our Bargaining Unit.

Russell Dittmer

Abstract

Full Text:
PDF
Russ, thanks for that information and now would be a good time to start to correct that issue which I do not think our current representation would be willing to take that task on.

I see the ASSociation has thrown out one of their old sticks (AMFA is raiding) and some are chasing. We have one guy stirring the pot, Old AZZ probably from the Association. The other old tired TWU claims , AMFA never negotiated a contract. Alaska and Southwest. Never delt with merger. Alaska Virgin America. How much did we hear about it? not much. They now are under ONE union not a cluster of two clueless entities. Have you looked at the cost of our health care. The company is pushing a low cost version the could be incredibly costly in out of pocket expenses. If you have a family and need to keep the best health care, the money you received with pay raise will all but disappear. This is what your union negotiated for us. Parts of this contract don't start until 3 years after DOS. There are twice the number of TWU members to IAM members yet we do things the IAM way. We need one union, one set of rules for us to move forward. Southwest has already asked for concessions, who's next?. Last time it happened to us we got the scraps. AMFA has already told Southwest no concessions and no non disclosure clause.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts