AMFA Organizing Drive to Replace Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like we have a new association troll, lies and more lies to save there worthless skins.
I’m really surprised about there isn’t any association reps on here talking about the virtues of the association. I do hear a lot of scare tactics but nothing of substance. The association must have hired Roger Stone.

I received some alarming information but not really totally surprised. A good friend who is a good union representative and has been steadily in the loop on contract issues mentioned to me it's a good thing AMFA filed because the Association and the company were openly talking about future concessions if things don't improve. This was premature bar room type of talk. Without more relief and governors of various states talking shutdowns this will further erode travel. Lets not forget that the other unions on the property APFA, APA and the CWA/IBT Association have amendable contracts. So with the NMB filing the last thing the Association wants to do is talk about concessions. So don't go out buying expensive toys for now. We do not want to see 2003 all over again. The pilots and flight attendants have been quiet for now. Hopefully the Association won't be the first to lead the concessions parade.

I received some alarming information but not really totally surprised. A good friend who is a good union representative and has been steadily in the loop on contract issues mentioned to me it's a good thing AMFA filed because the Association and the company were openly talking about future concessions if things don't improve.
What do future concessions if things don't improve have to do with AMFA? The fact is without revenue the company only has once choice, to lower costs. Their two biggest expenses are fuel and labor and they have no control over fuel.

I don't see how something expected can be considered "alarming". You said so yourself, you are not totally surprised.

This is not 2003. This is a fight for survival. No UNION representation is going to change that.

I received some alarming information but not really totally surprised. A good friend who is a good union representative and has been steadily in the loop on contract issues mentioned to me it's a good thing AMFA filed because the Association and the company were openly talking about future concessions if things don't improve. This was premature bar room type of talk. Without more relief and governors of various states talking shutdowns this will further erode travel. Lets not forget that the other unions on the property APFA, APA and the CWA/IBT Association have amendable contracts. So with the NMB filing the last thing the Association wants to do is talk about concessions. So don't go out buying expensive toys for now. We do not want to see 2003 all over again. The pilots and flight attendants have been quiet for now. Hopefully the Association won't be the first to lead the concessions parade.
Would not surprise me at all

Every time someone comes on this BB and either dont agree with everything that is being said. The 1st thing you guys do is call them a Troll. Its sad that you dont see that as a problem. So what like Fake News. You guys need to look into the mirror and ask yourself a very serious question. WHAT MAKES YOUR OPINION THE ONLY RIGHT ONE. Or make this a private board and only allow people that agree with you on here.
Attack Attack Attack. No wonder you all think Trump is Smart.

Thank you again for your support and commitment to vote for AMFA.

I believe with your continuing participation in these discussions, you will convince many maintenance and related employees to rid ourselves of the parasitic ASSociation that has plagued us for too long.

Reactions: swamt
What do future concessions if things don't improve have to do with AMFA? The fact is without revenue the company only has once choice, to lower costs. Their two biggest expenses are fuel and labor and they have no control over fuel.

I don't see how something expected can be considered "alarming". You said so yourself, you are not totally surprised.

This is not 2003. This is a fight for survival. No UNION representation is going to change that.
Oh let me explain it from a psychological angle. If you are trying to keep your members from voting another union on the property then the last thing you need to do is talk concessions after you bragged you worked 4 plus years getting an ILC agreement. Fence sitters will lean towards new representation thinking what do I have to lose? It's a head game.

I’m really surprised about there isn’t any association reps on here talking about the virtues of the association. I do hear a lot of scare tactics but nothing of substance. The association must have hired Roger Stone.
One can only assume that the Asso does not want any of them on here as a many have been sent packing after proving them wrong almost every time they opened their mouths about AMFA and/or AMFA's workings. It really has helped the AMFA card drives when the "other" unions supporters try to come out and discredit AMFA in any way. They are pretty sick and tired of getting beat down by how much better it will be when represented by the AMFA class and craft union for the mechanic and related. And I am talking about all the industrial unions not just the ones at AA.

Last edited:

It has a lot to do with the NMB approving a vote to go forward for AMFA representation. We all already know what will happen if no airline relief is extended by end of year. All the airlines will be in talks about concessions of some sort.
I too have heard the concessions talks are coming down the pike at AA, I heard it was a rumor from a DFW lead mechanic earlier this week.
As far as AMFA is concerned, we all know very well how the TWU and IAM handles concession nego's with the company, they just agree-agree-agree to whatever the company wants, such as they have for the past several decades as proof. Now the question is WHO do you want to represent the mechanic and Related if or when the concession nego's start? No brainer, AMFA will give the members the say so not the folks who wouldn't even feel the concessions as they are handled differently than the membership is with their current union representation.

Good looking hoodies on the AMFA@AA website.
Was looking for any updates from the NMB and saw the hoodies for sale, perfect time of year to pick one up... :)

Hmmm... I wonder who said what to who and when.. but... I'm pretty.. kinda sorta sure i can take this info to the bank...maybe...

Hmmm... I wonder who said what to who and when.. but... I'm pretty.. kinda sorta sure i can take this info to the bank...maybe...
Well a lockdown went into affect in Los Angeles. That's a major domestic destination. If other states or cities follow then stimulus or no stimulus airlines are going to cut back. Then you can figure out the rest. It won't just be American airlines. Shutdowns affects commerce and airlines play a major part. Then the economy will tank. Hate to think what this economy will look like come 2021 if lockdowns get serious. I'm no economists but this is not going to play well. Hopefully things will improve.

Oh let me explain it from a psychological angle. If you are trying to keep your members from voting another union on the property then the last thing you need to do is talk concessions after you bragged you worked 4 plus years getting an ILC agreement. Fence sitters will lean towards new representation thinking what do I have to lose? It's a head game.
They have a hell of a lot to lose if the company folds. They better get used to the idea concessions ARE coming. Period.

What people need to do is accept the fact concessions are coming but demand a snap back clause when the market improves. That snap back clause needs to have definitive terms as well and not just reopen negotiations to keep the company from slow rolling labor.

They have a hell of a lot to lose if the company folds. They better get used to the idea concessions ARE coming. Period.

What people need to do is accept the fact concessions are coming but demand a snap back clause when the market improves. That snap back clause needs to have definitive terms as well and not just reopen negotiations to keep the company from slow rolling labor.
Rather have it negotiated under AMFA rather than the dysfunctional association that promised us a representation election and lied to us. The association has to negotiate concessions for all groups. I'd rather let AMFA take care of us and let the association take care of the other groups that always seem to control title 1 and 2.

GD you're dumb.......
Just like a good trumptard, call the person a name.

If you choose to believe hearsay and folks conjectures then I would say. The functioning of your brain might be in question.

There is a contract... Stop softening up people's resolve by talking about concessions. Your a company man if thats what your doing, even though you do it unwittingly.

Follow the agreement, shrink the airline, close stations, park airplanes, lay people off. THAT is the correct way. Follow the freaking contract.

If, this association try's to to save jobs (dues) through mid contract concessions......... they deserve to get thrown out on their collective asses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts