AMFA Organizing Drive to Replace Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
found the old azz on the side of the road
What was in line for on the side of the road? Unemployment check? Covid vaccination? Or is he wanting to be first in line for the Democratic hand outs of the $2,000.00 pay out? :)

Perhaps each of us could attempt to contact the NMB to see if Covid is going to delay the process...
Covid is a reason the nmb will use for delay but its just nonsense. Im not complaining because it could work in employees favor and amfa favor to have this thing dragged out. I couldnt imagine the association meeting the company for concessions outside of bankruptcy. If not for amfa, the association would already have a done deal for concessions after payroll protection.
As an aside, reddit may save this company and allow it to stuff billions in its pocket. Stay tuned.

Covid is a reason the nmb will use for delay but its just nonsense. Im not complaining because it could work in employees favor and amfa favor to have this thing dragged out. I couldnt imagine the association meeting the company for concessions outside of bankruptcy. If not for amfa, the association would already have a done deal for concessions after payroll protection.
As an aside, reddit may save this company and allow it to stuff billions in its pocket. Stay tuned.

I would be very curious to your definition of "in employees and AMFA's favor to have this thing dragged out." I would think these guys would want AMFA in place and running prior to any downturn in the industry. Especially IF and when concessions may or may not come up. You would most definitely want a transparent class and craft union at the nego table in these current times no doubt. As you have said; if the asso and company had it their way they would already be in talks about a new concessions deal made behind closed doors with the asso. However, I could be missing something...

Another question for the Organizers;
After reading Brets Jan 2021 update, about mid way thru he talks about the AMFA election at AA. It sounds to me as if the NMB offices are completely closed from the unrest, still? If so do any organizers know if ANY movement what-so-ever has been made? With the following statement;

"AMFA Legal has reached out to the NMB regarding status of the investigation, however, the offices of the NMB in DC have been closed during this unrest."

This tells me that even AMFA is getting no responses from the NMB at all. Which also tells me that they haven't done anything since the unrest. Have they just been sitting idle for all this time?
If this gets dragged out for too long I would be afraid of the asso. doing something behind closed doors with the co. before an election can be done, knowing they may no longer exist after the vote is completed.
Could AMFA legal do some sort of restraining order to freeze any kind of action taken by the asso. until an election is done and over with???
All kinds of other businesses are still taking care of business with working from home, why can't the NMB be doing the same?

Here's the update from Bret:

National Director Update - January 2021
February 2, 2021 -- The New Year is off to a very busy start around the Association with several new local officers being sworn into office in January: Mike Sanderson, Local 4 Vice President; Frank Logalbo, Local 4 Southwest Airlines (SWA) Airline Representative (ALR); Nic Kula, Local 14 President; Tommy Price, Local 14 Secretary; Cameron Lampley, Local 18 Secretary; and Pat Amore, Local 18 Safety & Standards Chairman. Thank you for stepping up in your new elected position. I would also like to thank the exiting officers -- Tom Hagan, Local 4 VP; Dan Burgess, Local 4 SWA ALR; Jason Munson, Local 14 President; Tom Nolan, Local 18 Secretary; and Maurice Thacker, Local 18 S&S Chairman -- for their commitment and leadership during their dedicated tenure.
Read More

Just read yesterday where Amazon warehouse workers will get to vote on rather to go union or not in, I think Alabama? Pertains to around 6,000 employees to vote. Although that is about half of the size at AA, but they already have a ruling for an election vote to start.
Maybe we get some kind of word this month sometime or maybe next month.
Also just read where dems finally added the airlines into the aid package for the transportation sector. Setting up for the airlines to receive 14 Billion in relief aid for PSP for the third round to extend thru Sep 2021 for the airlines. This would be good for airlines and employees as well as for waiting for the NM's ruling on the election. At least with a new extension thru Sep. 2021 there will be no concessions talks until at least then. And if no decision from NMB by then, then God help us.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/exclusive-congressional-democrats-set-back-174729966.html

Yes it is 1AA. I don't like it either, makes me a bit nervous of what is in the works this time around.
They put out memo's in Nov and Dec but now in 2021 seem to be all hush-hush, Hmmmm...

All is too suspiciously quiet from the NMB.

***UPDATE***

Good Morning folks. Checked the AMFA At American Airlines link on AMFA National's site this morning and found this new latest update, sort of as we thought as far as the NMB being shut down for a while. Also not expecting anything for several more weeks and maybe-maybe an announcement in March or even April. Just going by their guessing of time frame of what will take place next and after that...

ASSISTANT NATIONAL DIRECTOR LETTER TO AMERICAN AIRLINES MECHANIC AND RELATED EMPLOYEES
Updated On: Feb 24, 2021
lg-share-en.gif

February 24, 2021

Dear American Airlines’ Mechanics and Related Employees:

We wanted to give you an update following AMFA’s filing for a representation dispute on your behalf with the National Mediation Board (NMB) for the American Airlines (AA) Mechanic and Related workgroups.

As outlined in our last update, dated December 10, 2020, we have been assigned both an NMB Case No. R-7557 and NMB Investigator Josie G.M. Bautista. AMFA’s legal counsel has been in contact with the NMB and Investigator Bautista regarding the status of the investigation. Due to the January election, impeachment hearing, and numerous closings-threats within Washington, DC, the NMB offices were in quarantine for 2 weeks, resulting in the Investigator having minimal access to the NMB offices.

At this time, Investigator Bautista continues the investigation, validating the authenticity of your overwhelming number of signed authorization cards by comparison with the Company’s signature samples provided to the NMB. Additionally, over the last several months, Investigator Bautista has been assessing the sufficiency of the number of AMFA authorization card signers of the Mechanics and Related Employees Craft or Class at AA to ensure that a majority of the group sought an election for union representation.

When the determination of a majority showing of interest occurs, Investigator Bautista will schedule the opportunity for the parties to make challenges and objections to the proposed eligibility list filed by AA over the next several weeks, and then challenges to the challenges for several weeks after that. We expect the Investigator will then schedule the election and distribute voting instructions to eligible voters to determine the representative of the Mechanics and Related Employees at AA.

Again, we anticipated that the TWU/IAM Association will make every attempt to prevent this election by any means necessary, including inflating the eligibility list submitted by the Company with other workgroups. Understand, AMFA has filed more than enough signed Authorization for Representation cards with the NMB to cover the Company’s submitted number of 13,213 potential eligible voters.

We are working diligently to secure your opportunity to vote for the one union representation of your choosing. AMFA looks forward to the unifying of your group and the opportunity to represent you. For further updates and information, please visit AMFA at American Airlines page of the AMFA National website.

In Solidarity,

Gene Painter
Assistant National Director

We patiently await... :)

We are moving to the next step with NMB as the board has declared sufficient showing of interest exist of a representation dispute for the Mechanic and Related at American Airlines.
copied this from a Facebook post by David Stewart

I hope It's for real, here goes the copy from facebook.

I would think its real with the NMB letterhead and all.
I did a search in the NMB data and they haven't posted it yet on their site but could still be real. Maybe they wait until Mon to post the previous weeks docket info. The latest on their site was for the past week of 15-19, so I am going to assume they will post this notice come Mon. for the week of 22-26.
Pretty sure Dave and them get the NMB notices first and then the NMB will post later, a matter of respect for the filers.

This is fantastic news. It will get interesting seeing how the company and the asso. challenge anyone or add folks to the list.
The first GIANT step by the NMB is now taken. Stay strong guys and stay united in your efforts, get thru these challenging processes and onto the voting soon.
A big kudos goes out to all the Organizers, you guys did it. Now it is up to AMFA, AMFA Legal as well as the Organizers to get ready for the challenges. SWEEEET!!! :)

Reactions: chellow
I took some time to look thru the NMB's weekly reports and was a bit thrown off by what I found:
It appears that the IAM filed for the Republic Airways Mechanic and Related to vote for a representation. Republic padded the eligibility list with supervisors, other work groups not even related to mechanics, but I think the IAM does represent those type of workers elsewhere. The NMB investigator, Hennessey, agreed fully with the company and added said groups and "mechanic supervisors" to the eligibility list, therefore dropping the required number of cards collected under the 50% plus one rule and therefore dismissed their request for an election and are now on a 12 month pause if ya will.
Thank God you guys don't have Hennessey as the investigator.
I know you guys are past the company's eligibility list, however, what will this asso try to do? This investigator knows full well that mechanic supervisors are not part of the mechanic and related when voting for or against unionizing, period. These groups and sups might regret throwing their names out there to cancel the vote as they might very well get unionized next time since the co. said they are mechanic and related--now that would be funny to see happen...
I will leave below the NMB's weekly report as well as the IAM local 4's response to the NMB's including other groups AND mechanic supervisors, now that's just not right. That investigator needs to be investigated by the NMB on why he ruled in such a way. Interesting and scary to read. Heads up AMFA/Organizers...

https://nmb.gov/NMB_Application/index.php/weekly-activity-report-2/weekly-
activity-report-february-08-2021-february-12-2021/

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=Awr...est-news/RK=2/RS=LZIHAKHtU2U0Jra_Nv.PeDKOyKY-

I really am baffled a bit. Would anyone have more info about this crap? I really am questioning WHY the NMB investigator, Hennessey, would agree with mechanic sups as well as some other groups way outside of the duties, "DUTIES" of an aircraft mechanic.
Anyone else think this is wrong???

Status
Not open for further replies.