Steenland said just watch me try.
They said Lorenzo tried and failed
Steenland said but not I.
AMFA said it is impossible
Doug said there is no such word
He closed his mind and closed his ears to everything he heard

Steenland said within replacements hands there is a tiny seed
It grows until it blossoms its called the will to succeed
Its roots are strength, its stem is hope , its petals inspiration, its thorns protect its strong green leaves with grim determination its stamen is their many skills which helped to shape our plan. For there is nothing in the universe beyond these worthy men.

AMFA thought that it could not be done.
Some even said they knew it.
But we faced up to what they said could not be done
AND PROVED THAT WE COULD DO IT!! :up:

After all that AMFA has said to date members are crossing the lines, welcome back now your scabs like us working to heal this airline.
[post="303704"][/post]​
Your a PUTZ,Dude!!

Opus said:
AMFA said that it could not be done.
Steenland said just watch me try.
They said Lorenzo tried and failed
Steenland said but not I.
AMFA said it is impossible
Doug said there is no such word
He closed his mind and closed his ears to everything he heard

Steenland said within replacements hands there is a tiny seed
It grows until it blossoms its called the will to succeed
Its roots are strength, its stem is hope , its petals inspiration, its thorns protect its strong green leaves with grim determination its stamen is their many skills which helped to shape our plan. For there is nothing in the universe beyond these worthy men.

AMFA thought that it could not be done.
Some even said they knew it.
But we faced up to what they said could not be done
AND PROVED THAT WE COULD DO IT!! :up:

After all that AMFA has said to date members are crossing the lines, welcome back now your scabs like us working to heal this airline.
[post="303704"][/post]​
Do you understand that it was'nt the fact of whether or not the SCABS whould work, it's the principle of the SCABS coming in and working while AMFA is on strike. If you look at the big picture, we are all in the same game. You stated that you are healing the airline, but in fact you are hurting the entire industry. Do you think that A&P's should get paid like Jiffy Lube Grease Monkies?? That's the way it's going to end up .

Opus...do you really think that when NW and AMFA come to an agreement that you will still have a job? Why would NW want to have employees working together who hate each other? Obviously you dont understand what being a scab means so i will try and clarify it for you.

I have only worked with two AMFA scabs and it was a very enlightening experience. They do not hold the animosity that you guys do or claim that they will. I am sure there will be some discontent when more strikers cross over, right now though you are 100% wrong.

I have only worked with two AMFA scabs and it was a very enlightening experience. They do not hold the animosity that you guys do or claim that they will. I am sure there will be some discontent when more strikers cross over, right now though you are 100% wrong.

Hey Genius...they are SCUM SCABS like yourself, what did you expect from lowlife SCUM like yourself?

PTO...i can assure you that if and when i come back to NW and you are there I will only look at you like the SCUM you are. Who knows maybe i will get lucky and have the chance to see you slip and fall and only have seconds to reach help before you die. All i can say in that case is good riddance because i wouldnt lend you any help at all. That is the way i look at SCUM like yourself PTO, now go call your wife on your cell, oh wait you cant!

Do you understand that it was'nt the fact of whether or not the SCABS whould work, it's the principle of the SCABS coming in and working while AMFA is on strike. If you look at the big picture, we are all in the same game. You stated that you are healing the airline, but in fact you are hurting the entire industry. Do you think that A&P's should get paid like Jiffy Lube Grease Monkies?? That's the way it's going to end up .

That is the problem here. Most AMT's here are not A&P's. It is they that are flooding the industry bringing down the pay. If the industry required A&P's you would see an increase in pay scale without union involvement. When someone can walk off the street and get a job with no education you should not expect it to be a high paying job.

You are wrong it was said over and over that the scabs could not perform the work. It was said that all we had was a few months training in the Arizona Desert and that we were going to break out our shiny new tools to try and work on Northwest airplanes.

Well, I think that is outrageous for ANY cleaner and I may only be making a bit more than them but I haven't been here 20-30 years to get to that scale either. I think that should be in house when possible but to pay them like nurses or teachers or mechanics is WRONG and the public is not going to sympathize with it.

Too bad you are a scab because you would have made an excellent AMFA mechanic. When I was in DFW, we had only a small number of people who were building cleaners. I would guess between 20 and 25 at most before AA outsourced that job. I don't know how many of the 800 non-AMT AMFA members were custodians and how many cleaned aircraft. But you have to remember that most likely not all were toppped out; some were there for 25 years and some maybe for 2. I just have a hard time understanding why you and others get so worked up because a handful of custodians who had 25 years with a company made an average living while lawyers get $800/hr, law clerks get up to $200/hr, and airline CEOs walk away with tens of millions. If it pisses you off that a NW custodian with 25 years made $40,000 a year, what do you think of those microsoft custodians who became millionaires from their stock that the company gave them? However, you need to stop whining about what these people made because they are now gone FOREVER at UA, NW, and just about all of the other carriers.

You are wrong it was said over and over that the scabs could not perform the work. It was said that all we had was a few months training in the Arizona Desert and that we were going to break out our shiny new tools to try and work on Northwest airplanes.

WN, obviously PTO chooses not to see the fact that he is destroying the profession. Now he is trying to go after other workers such as the cleaners etc. He doesnt realize that most mechanics feel that everyone who works full time should get a livable wage, and if they work the odd hours, weekends and holidays in the elements they should get a little better than livable. Just because mechanics wanted to unite the profession under AMFA it did not mean that they felt everyone else should get screwed.

Too bad you are a scab because you would have made an excellent AMFA mechanic. When I was in DFW, we had only a small number of people who were building cleaners. I would guess between 20 and 25 at most before AA outsourced that job. I don't know how many of the 800 non-AMT AMFA members were custodians and how many cleaned aircraft. But you have to remember that most likely not all were toppped out; some were there for 25 years and some maybe for 2. I just have a hard time understanding why you and others get so worked up because a handful of custodians who had 25 years with a company made an average living while lawyers get $800/hr, law clerks get up to $200/hr, and airline CEOs walk away with tens of millions. If it pisses you off that a NW custodian with 25 years made $40,000 a year, what do you think of those microsoft custodians who became millionaires from their stock that the company gave them? However, you need to stop whining about what these people made because they are now gone FOREVER at UA, NW, and just about all of the other carriers.

And whether you realize it or not the $50,000, or $80,000+ with OT, FSCs, are going to share the same fate.

WN, obviously PTO chooses not to see the fact that he is destroying the profession. Now he is trying to go after other workers such as the cleaners etc. He doesnt realize that most mechanics feel that everyone who works full time should get a livable wage, and if they work the odd hours, weekends and holidays in the elements they should get a little better than livable. Just because mechanics wanted to unite the profession under AMFA it did not mean that they felt everyone else should get screwed.
And whether you realize it or not the $50,000, or $80,000+ with OT, FSCs, are going to share the same fate.
I agree. With the concessions, you now have to practically live at AA on the ramp to get $80,000. I just do my 40 per week and that is it; no $50,000 to $80,000 for me. When my time comes at AA, I will be ready.

That is the problem here. Most AMT's here are not A&P's. It is they that are flooding the industry bringing down the pay. If the industry required A&P's you would see an increase in pay scale without union involvement. When someone can walk off the street and get a job with no education you should not expect it to be a high paying job.
Where did you get your numbers?? Maybe most mechanics at 3rd party maintenance facilities but the last time I checked and correct me if I'm wrong ,you had to have your A&P to work for a major. You could probably get away with just your Powerplant if you just rebuilt engines but an A&P is probably a must to do line MX.

Where did you get your numbers?? Maybe most mechanics at 3rd party maintenance facilities but the last time I checked and correct me if I'm wrong ,you had to have your A&P to work for a major. You could probably get away with just your Powerplant if you just rebuilt engines but an A&P is probably a must to do line MX.
and another thing, It's people like yourself that are bringing the industry pay scale crashing down. You treat the craft as if your working at the Walmart Lube and Tire center.

A&P is probably a must to do line MX.

That was before they got managers to sign off their work for them. I always thought it was you do the work you sign it off but i guess the new NW doesnt operate that way anymore. Now that i think about it i'm sure there are some out there who could file a discrimination lawsuit against NW for denying them a line mtx position because they didnt have their A&P license.

PTO...i can assure you that if and when i come back to NW and you are there I will only look at you like the SCUM you are. Who knows maybe i will get lucky and have the chance to see you slip and fall and only have seconds to reach help before you die. All i can say in that case is good riddance because i wouldnt lend you any help at all. That is the way i look at SCUM like yourself PTO, now go call your wife on your cell, oh wait you cant!

Chas, I promise you will not be coming back, and if for some reason you slip through the cracks and make it back you wont be staying long. Your post have been turned over to managment and boy did it get a reaction!!!!!!!! So, its a shame you are apparently thinking about becoming a scab because it just isnt going to happen. There is a large list of amfa mechs that will not be allowed to come back. It is really a shame that apparently you have to resign your humanity to be a member of amfa, if someone gets hurt at work I dont care if they are black or white or purple or blue or amfa or not, THEY ARE HUMAN BEINGS AND WILL GET ANY AND ALL THE HELP I CAN GIVE, because I have NOT resigned my humanity to an originzation or gang that I have to pay to belong to. I hope you are not representative of the membership ;) That would really be disgusting behavior and there would be no excuse for it.

What you dont understand is when someone is supposed to be a professional aircraft mechanic and they damage tools and damage aircraft they are not going on strike they are quitting their jobs with no intention of returning. Damaging aircraft is NEVER EXCUSABLE nor is damaging tools i.e. gluing batteries into drills, slashing air hoses, breaking keys off in vehicles ect ect ect. Pay in the industry is decreasing, NOT JUST AT NWA, it is everywhere largely in part to overseas outsourcing not domestic outsourcing, although I know that is what you guys would like to believe. It is not just aviation pay which is decreasing it is all of middle class, all of working class it reaches across most all trades. You want a job that cant be outsourced get an electricians lic. or a plumbers lic. this is they way the industry has been moving FOR YEARS not just now not just here EVERYWHERE FOR YEARS NOW, the time to try to fix this is for the most part GONE, its now a situation of get along or get out.

I agree there are a number of professions that are far too well paid; however they dont belong to amfa and were not relevant to that post.

That was before they got managers to sign off their work for them. I always thought it was you do the work you sign it off but i guess the new NW doesnt operate that way anymore. Now that i think about it i'm sure there are some out there who could file a discrimination lawsuit against NW for denying them a line mtx position because they didnt have their A&P license.

Look for the last time, we sign off our own work everyone I work with has an A&P and everyone I know here does managers dont run after us signing off work. I dont know what planet your on but it isnt earth.

Your a PUTZ,Dude!!

Wow your command of the english language is amazing and your familiarity with monosylibic verbage is astounding, I take my hat off to you for your lack of a sense of humor as well as titan like language skills. :up:

Except for the AMFA Generalization, I think you nailed the rest! :up:
Not all of us AMFA members believe in the 'you make too much' philosophy!

-BigE