Amfa Sets The Example For All To Follow

Long Term AMT

Jan 8, 2004
The Word of the Day for AMFA is:
volte-face \vawlt-FAHSS\ noun

: a reversal in policy : about-face

Example sentence:

The provisional AMFA attorney's volte-face on using profanity and un-professional mannerisms insulted the few in attendance at the meeting , but didn't stun anyone as AMFA's previous examples of non-recognition of flag and country did remain the same.

________

The AMFA leader :blink: has been touting the importance of "professionalizzzzzzzzzzm" for so long, accusing the IAM, TWU and IBT of lack of professionalism, well looky here.

:censored: Seham shames the AMFA by displaying the lack of self control proven by un-professional behavior through the use of profanity in a public forum. These are grounds for dismissal at AA and should be for AMFA. Why would anyone be so upset just because no one showed up to pay homage to the great O.V.?

Is Lee :censored: or Delle :blink: on commission or retainer? (no membizzzz - no duezzz!...)

Seriously, folks due to our involvement in the business and our busy lives many times members bring a spouse or even a child to a meeting (AMFA had more women and children than members in their latest TUL video) and no one should curse or swear in front of them.

Beside the immaturity issue, you know it really is an concern about not displaying a U.S. Flag at a meeting. AMFA also conveniently touts the patriotic ideology of "liberty" and "freedom of speech" ( I concur) but why not then pay due respect, as it is due, of how we got it and maintain it?

Huhh...Delle :blink: ?

Does anyone remember the contract meeting in 2001 at the Oral Roberts Maybe Center when Dennis Burchette used at least a half a dozen four letter words. This was a gathering of at least 2500 people with several hundered family members of employees. Not to mention (for all those who aren't familiar with Tulsa) this was at a christian university auditorium. I don't remember anything being said about this incident.

scorpion said:
Does anyone remember the contract meeting in 2001 at the Oral Roberts Maybe Center when Dennis Burchette used at least a half a dozen four letter words. This was a gathering of at least 2500 people with several hundered family members of employees. Not to mention (for all those who aren't familiar with Tulsa) this was at a christian university auditorium. I don't remember anything being said about this incident.
First you accuse Dennis and everyone else who opposes you of unprofessional behavior. Then you use their behavior as an excuse for your own. And that kind of reasoning will get us a better contract, respect from the company, etc.????

j7915 said:
First you accuse Dennis and everyone else who opposes you of unprofessional behavior. Then you use their behavior as an excuse for your own. And that kind of reasoning will get us a better contract, respect from the company, etc.????
I'm not accusing Dennis of anything, he flat out did it. What I posted is no excuse for anyone it was just an observation.
Something else I've noticed about j7915 he jumps around these forums and is constantly getting blasted for his argumentative stance. A while back a flight attendant accused you of being management. Are you?????????????

It is not enough to replace certain characters within profanity in your posts. This is clearly stated in the rules and must be respected. All messages as such will be deleted.

Note: I personally hate deleting posts but this kind of thing can not be allowed. If it was just one instance, I probably would have edited the post, but it wasn't. I realize where and what these responses were based on, but please understand, we have rules that are designed to protect our integrity.

You are welcome to re-post your thoughts but please keep it clean.

scorpion said:
I'm not accusing Dennis of anything, he flat out did it. What I posted is no excuse for anyone it was just an observation.
Something else I've noticed about j7915 he jumps around these forums and is constantly getting blasted for his argumentative stance. A while back a flight attendant accused you of being management. Are you?????????????
Scorpion, please link me to that F/A posting. As to being accused of being management, it's water off a duck's back as far as I am concerned.

No I am not management, and I am not a union official. As to jumping in and being argumentative, well why don't you look at the postings I comment on? They derserve in my view to be answered with more than just ditto and a nod.

Just because you want to shoot messengers well so what? If things go as they are, I may just get to say: "I told you so", not that I will get much joy out of it, I am in the same boat you are.

If my postings are so worthless why are all the AMFA suppoerters consistently jumping on them and trying to denigrate the poster, me? Maybe I am hitting just alittle too close to the doubt line or heaven forbid an observation that they don't want published?

Just because you want to shoot messengers well so what? If things go as they are, I may just get to say: "I told you so", not that I will get much joy out of it, I am in the same boat you are.

If you live in Tulsa then you most certainly are not in the same boat as those of us out here on the line.

Back