AMT Day

Ken MacTiernan

Veteran
Aug 12, 2003
San Diego CA
www.amtausa.com
May 24th, 2011 is AMT Day. I hope everyone reading this can celebrate this day in recognition of Charles E. Taylor and those who followed after him.

Do not allow your anger/disappointment in the recent ta the company offered to erode the respect we have for our profession. If the company does not wish to respect the knowledge, skill and integrity we use to perform our duties so be it. But we can still respect ourselves!

AMT Day is for all AMTs worldwide who maintain every type of aircraft throughout the aviation community. It doesn't matter if an AMT is in Afghanistan or Alabama, in the desert or North Pole, the responsibilities are still the same and this day is for them!

If you celebrate AMT Day take pictures and let me know. I'd be happy to post them.

Happy AMT Day!

Reactions: 1 person
Geeeez Ken.. We understand what you are promoting... But in these times.. The profession is not at it's peak..

It's like promoting a tuperware party at your mom's funeral..

Long live the respect deserved for Charles Taylor..

Ken, you may be a protector of our profession and we thank you for that.
With that said, its time for you to act accordingly. As an elected official in the
DFW local, its your duty to ask you local president to resign for supporting to
bring back this TA.

Ken,

Thanks for your hard work in keeping this in front of people! It is a shame that the knowledge, skill and integrity we use to perform our duties is affected by other factors. It really should not matter where we work or what we make, AMT's should hold themselves to a high standard. At the end of the day we have an obligation to the people who fly on the aircraft to maintain the highest standards in what we do, no matter what conditions we are faced with.

I commend you for your efforts, and hope that more people can see through the weeds and focus on how important what you are doing is.

AA Management plans to feed Tulsa Base employees steak dinners on the 26th of May to celebrate AMT Day.

I feel better now.

AA Management plans to feed Tulsa Base employees steak dinners on the 26th of May to celebrate AMT Day.

I feel better now.

Don't you realize you may be "randomly" selected to pee in a cup? Got any more? It must be good - sounds like something one could stay wrecked for a week on.

Re: AMT Day:
Good job, Ken - but I doubt the "profession" is as valuable to most "lay" people as a cheap ticket and it's getting worse by the day. Respect for any particular job in society or not - the bottom line is big business believes a degree in basketweaving, very much like the ability to create negative pressure on demand, brings more value to the table than any amount of training and dedication we possess.

Unfortunately, all the Charlie Taylor busts in the world will not cure or change that elitist attitude.

Geeeez Ken.. We understand what you are promoting... But in these times.. The profession is not at it's peak..

It's like promoting a tuperware party at your mom's funeral..

Long live the respect deserved for Charles Taylor..

These times? These times at AA, yes. But at Southwest, FedEx, UPS, etc. they carry the same responsibilities as we do. I did not say celebrate AA I said celebrate our craft.

Its sad when they cant even celebrate the correct day here in DFW!!!!!!! So i brought my own BBQ to celebrate!!! Happy AMT day!!!!!

I hope that everyone had a happy AMT Day. May 24th was chosen to remember Charles E. Taylor and those who followed in his footsteps. Celebrations across the U.S., both small and large, were held bringing recognition to a craft of professionals who maintain aircraft industrywide. I tip my hat to these professionals for their knowledge, skill and integirty.

If you have photos from celebrations at your work place please send them to me so I can post them.

Reactions: swamt
I hope that everyone had a happy AMT Day. May 24th was chosen to remember Charles E. Taylor and those who followed in his footsteps. Celebrations across the U.S., both small and large, were held bringing recognition to a craft of professionals who maintain aircraft industrywide. I tip my hat to these professionals for their knowledge, skill and integirty.

If you have photos from celebrations at your work place please send them to me so I can post them.
Here are some photos of todays celebration at DFW term........

To all of our fellow AMT's Happy AMT Day!!!!! This is still OUR Profession. It's Your Certificate you earned it.

Ken, thanks for the topic. I'm not surprised to see your name on this. Fellow M& E and Related, this thread is an opportunity to demonstrate support for each other and elevate pride for our craft. I hear of too many who hang their heads and allow the TWBoo to dummy down our craft. What I'm hearing here is no matter what the geography, we have more in common as to the sacrifices we've made in pursuite of this career and need to elevate our pride and support. Let's try and keep this thread more positive and save the 'tear in my beer' stories for any one of the other numerous threads