AMT Day

Discussion in 'American Airlines' started by Ken MacTiernan, May 8, 2010.

1. aapitbull

aapitbull Veteran

Dear Ken

Thanks for all you and the AMT Society does to promote the profession and may I remind folks that Charlie was a Machinist before he became the first A&P so when we say Profession we are talking about all the Skilled men and women who Make up the Mechanic and Related group. As a person who has attended and competed at the MSC event in Vegas let me say that it is alwways a good time to meet the young folks from the trade schools and watch them compete against each other and then on the final day get to compare their times to the Pro's it is a great time and I encourage everyone whether you want to compete or just watch make time to check it out it is well worth it!

Happy AMT Day to all and thanks again.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Deleted member 14439

Top Poster Of Month

I for one will not participate in this faux appreciation put on by the company. However to all my fellow AMTs Happy AMT Day

• Like Like x 2
  3. chris perry

chris perry Veteran

I will second that,I would starve before I had food from the Company....never ever again.

• Like Like x 3
  4. FEDUPS

FEDUPS Newbie

5. troy1of2

troy1of2 Member

I'm not knocking anybody's opinion or choice regarding the company's chicken but I have never quite understood the concept of how exactly turning down a meal which we've already paid for essentially whether we eat it or not hurts the company one way or another. If you really want to make a statement, turn down the overtime for a change maybe?

• Like Like x 2
  6. Boomer

Boomer Veteran

No!
    If you really want to prove your point: go out and do your job to the absolute best of your ability while constantly maintaining the company's demand for verbatim compliance.

After you have done this: identify the bottom percentage subject to furlough under the company term sheet and have everyone but those AMTs' refuse the overtime so that if and when bad things happen, we will have put money in the pockets of those most at risk.

BTW, I'm a NO voter.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. troy1of2

troy1of2 Member

I can agree with that Boomer. I too voted NO. After all, why vote yourself out of a job? If they want to take it make them take it. Don't just give it to them or put yourself in a situation to have to listen to, "Ya don't like it? Too bad, you voted for it!" for 6 more years.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Buck

Buck Veteran
    Contributor

The food is not about the company, it is about you.
    As for continually paying for the food, some have been paying their whole career.

I tend to lean on doing your job, verbatim.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. TulsaTurd

TulsaTurd Member

Great boneheaded suggestion Troy, go ahead and turn down the OT so this POS management team here can paperwork and force somebody else that didn't want to be here on their day off. As far as your already paid for crappy little sandwich, you can place it where the sun don't shine.

• Like Like x 1
  10. 1AA

1AA Veteran

HAPPY AMT DAY to all my fellow technicians everywhere in the world.
    Go out and celebrate today for us and the ones that are no longer with us.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. swamt

swamt Veteran

Same to you Ken.
    What is up with all the negative post?
    Happy AMT to all A&P's everywhere for your relentless hours, weather, and conditions. You line guys always come thru for the customers for that revenue flight to continue on it's day. All the hangar and heavy maint AMT's also always come thru to keep the flow of aircraft moving safely and efficiently. Keep up your dedicated work and have a fantastic AMT Day!!!

12. mike757

mike757 Advanced

Funny thing...I've been here a whole year and have yet see anyone forced to do anything:)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1