An Impossible challenge

:

Screenshot-1.jpg

Brain Dead

What is disgusting is NOT the negotiations. It's the TIMING of the negotiations.

You're hung up on optics and the calendar? That's a pretty weak argument.

BTW, Taliban wasn't responsible for 9/11, OBL and AQ were.

Taliban was harboring OBL, refused to turn him over, and by association became an enemy target.

You're hung up on optics and the calendar? That's a pretty weak argument.

BTW, Taliban wasn't responsible for 9/11, OBL and AQ were.

Taliban was harboring OBL, refused to turn him over, and by association became an enemy target.

Yes, I guess I AM hung up on the calendar and optics. There is the right thing to do and then there is the Trump thing to do. I can only imagine what YOUR reaction would be if his predecessor would have tried to pull the exact same stunt.

There is the right thing to do and then there is the Trump thing to do.
Define what the "right thing" is.

You and I for instance have very different perspectives about the way things "should" be.

Would you say I am "wrong" or that I simply have different values and expectations than you do.

For instance, from my perspective, it is wrong to allow the left to redefine our traditional cultural concept of marriage. That is one man and one woman. I feel it is wrong for our government to impose this on the public as a civil rights issue. I feel the people should decide their culture, not have the government dictate it to them. You on the other hand feel gay marriage was a civil rights issue and that the rights and privileges of marriage should be extended to same sex couples.

I can assure you both of us feel we are "right".

Now to take it to a more extreme example you have people in our society that believe pedophilia should be normalized and legal. I assume you are against that (as am I). So the question really comes down to where are you going to draw the line in the sand. How far will society adjust their norms to accommodate that which is abnormal. After all the government redefined our cultural definition of marriage to appease an estimated 4% of the population.

I will also say this. You push someone too far trying to impose non traditional values expect to eventually get shoved back...... hard.

Define what the "right thing" is.

You and I for instance have very different perspectives about the way things "should" be.

Would you say I am "wrong" or that I simply have different values and expectations than you do.

For instance, from my perspective, it is wrong to allow the left to redefine our traditional cultural concept of marriage. That is one man and one woman. I feel it is wrong for our government to impose this on the public as a civil rights issue. I feel the people should decide their culture, not have the government dictate it to them. You on the other hand feel gay marriage was a civil rights issue and that the rights and privileges of marriage should be extended to same sex couples.

I can assure you both of us feel we are "right".

Now to take it to a more extreme example you have people in our society that believe pedophilia should be normalized and legal. I assume you are against that (as am I). So the question really comes down to where are you going to draw the line in the sand. How far will society adjust their norms to accommodate that which is abnormal. After all the government redefined our cultural definition of marriage to appease an estimated 4% of the population.

I will also say this. You push someone too far trying to impose non traditional values expect to eventually get shoved back...... hard.
Nice discussion. It didn't have anything to do with Trump planning to meet the Taliban on American soil during the week of 9/11.

Because that quote relates to Trump and his plans to meet with the Taliban on US soil during the week of 9/11, was that the 'right thing' to do, or would it have been better to plan that visit for maybe the first week of October. It didn't have anything to do with abortion nor did it have anything to do with gay marriage. And your response actually didn't defend Trump. Thankfully, the Taliban attacked another group and Trumps chance to take the focus off remembering 9/11 and putting it back on Donald Trump (he owns the tallest building in NYC now you know) so the meeting was cancelled. But for me, and I will admit that I do not respect nor admire our current president, I had to ask myself, WTF was he thinking? And that's the important part - what is this man thinking? Because his thoughts tend to become our realities. What kind of a person would invite the group that played a role in the first and worst attack on the US mainland during the week of remembrance of that event?

Nice discussion. It didn't have anything to do with Trump planning to meet the Taliban on American soil during the week of 9/11.

Because that quote relates to Trump and his plans to meet with the Taliban on US soil during the week of 9/11, was that the 'right thing' to do, or would it have been better to plan that visit for maybe the first week of October. It didn't have anything to do with abortion nor did it have anything to do with gay marriage. And your response actually didn't defend Trump. Thankfully, the Taliban attacked another group and Trumps chance to take the focus off remembering 9/11 and putting it back on Donald Trump (he owns the tallest building in NYC now you know) so the meeting was cancelled. But for me, and I will admit that I do not respect nor admire our current president, I had to ask myself, WTF was he thinking? And that's the important part - what is this man thinking? Because his thoughts tend to become our realities. What kind of a person would invite the group that played a role in the first and worst attack on the US mainland during the week of remembrance of that event?

giphy.gif

It really makes no difference.

Your criticism of Trump is never ending.

I think he chose that week because he wants Americans to remember what those bastards did to us on 9/11.

If you want to criticize where is your criticism of Park51?

Debra Burlingame co-founder of 9/11 Families for a Safe & Strong America - "This is a place which is 600 feet from where almost 3,000 people were torn to pieces by Islamic extremists ... it is incredibly insensitive and audacious ... for them to build a mosque ... so that they could be in proximity to where that atrocity happened ... The idea that you would establish a religious institution that embraces the very shariah law that terrorists point to as their justification for what they did ... to build that where almost 3,000 people died, that is an obscenity to me."

They opened this slap in the face in September of 2011. I am sure that was just coincidence right? Right?

Tell me KCFlyer.... what the hell were they thinking?

Where was the criticism from the left then?

It really makes no difference.

Your criticism of Trump is never ending.

I think he chose that week because he wants Americans to remember what those bastards did to us on 9/11.
You find that admirable? Given Trumps attention for self promotion, I think he wanted the focus on HIM. It would be like Truman meeting Hirohito at Pearl Harbor.

If you want to criticize where is your criticism of Park51?

Debra Burlingame co-founder of 9/11 Families for a Safe & Strong America - "This is a place which is 600 feet from where almost 3,000 people were torn to pieces by Islamic extremists ... it is incredibly insensitive and audacious ... for them to build a mosque ... so that they could be in proximity to where that atrocity happened ... The idea that you would establish a religious institution that embraces the very shariah law that terrorists point to as their justification for what they did ... to build that where almost 3,000 people died, that is an obscenity to me."

They opened this slap in the face in September of 2011. I am sure that was just coincidence right? Right?

Tell me KCFlyer.... what the hell were they thinking?

Where was the criticism from the left then?

Thank you....you just proved my point again...you can't defend Trump without trotting something ELSE and saying "is this any better". Secondly - that group wasn't the president of the United States. I know I don't like Trump...I readily admit it. But to me, inviting a group that was harboring the leader of the people that attacked us during the week of that attacks anniversary makes us look rather weak. Almost as taking him to ground zero and saying "aw shucks....let's let bygones be bygones". The rest of the country, Democrats included, tend to say "never forget".

You find that admirable?
No I find it necessary.

Seems the left is more interested in "tolerance" than the safety and security of the American people.

The EU was the same way and look how it worked out for them.

Thank you....you just proved my point again...you can't defend Trump without trotting something ELSE and saying "is this any better".
I was simply pointing out leftist hypocrisy. I don't need this example there are a million more. This just happened to be the topic.

Secondly - that group wasn't the president of the United States.
No but they certainly have a double standard.

I know I don't like Trump...I readily admit it. But to me, inviting a group that was harboring the leader of the people that attacked us during the week of that attacks anniversary makes us look rather weak.
And what do you think Park51 (aka the Ground 0 Mosque) makes us look like?

Almost as taking him to ground zero and saying "aw shucks....let's let bygones be bygones". The rest of the country, Democrats included, tend to say "never forget".
Rashida Tlaib, Ilhan Omar, and Linda Sarsour.

Anything else?

No I find it necessary.

Seems the left is more interested in "tolerance" than the safety and security of the American people.

The EU was the same way and look how it worked out for them.

I was simply pointing out leftist hypocrisy. I don't need this example there are a million more. This just happened to be the topic.

No but they certainly have a double standard.

And what do you think Park51 (aka the Ground 0 Mosque) makes us look like?

Rashida Tlaib, Ilhan Omar, and Linda Sarsour.

Anything else?

One more time.. Rashida Talib, Ilhan Omar and Linda Sarsour...that's not defending Trump. It's mentioning someone else. It's not defending Trump. And now I kind of wish Trump WOULD have met with Trump. You could have flown to Camp David with your I heart Donald Trump signs while the rest of the country took a moment of silence to remember those Americans killed by the guy he was meeting with.

One more time.. Rashida Talib, Ilhan Omar and Linda Sarsour...that's not defending Trump. It's mentioning someone else. It's not defending Trump. And now I kind of wish Trump WOULD have met with Trump. You could have flown to Camp David with your I heart Donald Trump signs while the rest of the country took a moment of silence to remember those Americans killed by the guy he was meeting with.
I am not trying to defend Trump.

I told you that he may have scheduled it during that time to remind Americans exactly who attacked us.

The fact those 3 are in positions of power tells me Americans need a reminder.

That was my response to you.

You don't want to accept that answer that is on you.

Again... I am not trying do defend Trump.

You think what he did shows a lack of good judgement. I think Park51 shows a lack of good judgement.

Do you feel a need to defend Park51?