And so it begins..... A350 deliveries pushed back.

Plus remember they were ordered when US was a stand alone entity so they had to plan them to fly to Europe.

Makes you wonder if the 757's to Europe will be replaced with 787's

dash8roa said:

I was hoping for some eastern European routes such as Prague,  Budapest, Krakow, etc.  

I would love to see that, too.  Let's not hold our breath.  Since leaving the Star Alliance in favor of the British Airways dominated thirdworld, the loads are not doing what they once did to cities we already serve which are much larger than any of the eastern European destinations.

The purpose of the thirdworld alliance is to funnel as much traffic as possible onto British Airways in and out of LHR. 

nycbusdriver said:

I would bet that not taking on the A350 fleet is certainly being discussed.  They can probably take delivery and immediately sell them (at a profit) to another airline or leasing company before they even fly out of the factory airport.  About the only thing I can think of that would keep that scenario from happening is that Parker wants the "distinction" of AA being the U.S. launch customer for the A350.  Not that anyone cares.

They seem to have enough Boeing widebody deliveries in the pipeline to cover their meager international program.  They do moan that they can't find places to fly the widebodys
to me they have some domestic city pairs that are oversold every day that could use wide body the old days aa flew dc10 hourly to lax full now with 737 and a321 they leave paying pax behind. just my opinion lax Hawaii another and not leave people behind

FWAAA said:
Sure, the A350s have lots more range than they need to fly to Europe, but all new widebody planes feature "excessive" range by that standard. The current A333 model features 50% more range than the first A333s. As to capacity, the A350-900 looks exactly like an A333 in passenger capacity, and US has been flying those to Europe since they arrived on the property.Look at the A380s and 77Ws flown on short flights across the Atlantic. From a range standpoint, they're definitely overkill, but they're flown on high-capacity routes (often to congested/slot restricted airports).If the A350 isn't a suitable replacement for the A333 for the typical 3,500nm flight to Europe with 300 seats, then what plane is the suitable replacement?
A350: 318 pax with 7500 mile range. 300 minute ETOPS.

A330 NEOs would be a good replacement aircraft for the current A330s. That is what Delta is doing. 767s don't even come close.

Reactions: 1 person
DL also has A350s and B787s on order, so they arent just getting A330neos.

A320 Driver said:
A330 NEOs would be a good replacement aircraft for the current A330s. That is what Delta is doing. 767s don't even come close.
Don't jump on the 300 minutes etops. New aircraft has to prove itself before it can get to the 300 minutes etops.

1AA said:
Maybe if we are lucky the company will cancel all A350 orders. The last thing we need is another fleet type in the inventory. All these fleet types and sub fleets is a maintenance dept nightmare. Crew scheduling must be a challenge when flights need to be reassigned.
I hope this is a joke.......

nycbusdriver said:

I would bet that not taking on the A350 fleet is certainly being discussed.  They can probably take delivery and immediately sell them (at a profit) to another airline or leasing company before they even fly out of the factory airport.  About the only thing I can think of that would keep that scenario from happening is that Parker wants the "distinction" of AA being the U.S. launch customer for the A350.  Not that anyone cares.

They seem to have enough Boeing widebody deliveries in the pipeline to cover their meager international program.  They do moan that they can't find places to fly the widebodies being delivered.
not sure where you keep getting this. 
AA is already training people on the A350, why would they be doing that if they weren't taking them? 
More importantly why in the hell would AA waste its time taking the airplanes just to sell them on delivery? Plenty of airlines would love to jump on those early slots now. (Delta being one of them)

man this is as bad as the Delta buying used 777s and delaying the 350 rumor. It must be a pilot thing. 

FWAAA said:
The numbers I've seen show the A350-900 as having the same range as a 777-200ER, and being ~15% more fuel efficient. Don't know if that's unique enough to justify a fleet of fewer than two dozen when the 787-9 and 787-10 (AA hasn't ordered any -10s yet) have longer range than the 772/A350 and are at least 15% more fuel efficient than the 772 on a seat-mile basis.

The A350 made a lot of sense in 2005 when Airbus forgave some loans in exchange for the merged US-HP placing orders for the predecessor to the A350, but it may not make as much sense now.
sure it does. 77Es aren't getting any younger and AA has shown they want to start replacing planes around the 20 year mark. 

Boeing isn't going to have enough 787 slots to replace the rest of the 767s, the 77Es and the 333s. 

FWAAA said:
Sure, the A350s have lots more range than they need to fly to Europe, but all new widebody planes feature "excessive" range by that standard. The current A333 model features 50% more range than the first A333s. As to capacity, the A350-900 looks exactly like an A333 in passenger capacity, and US has been flying those to Europe since they arrived on the property.

Look at the A380s and 77Ws flown on short flights across the Atlantic. From a range standpoint, they're definitely overkill, but they're flown on high-capacity routes (often to congested/slot restricted airports).

If the A350 isn't a suitable replacement for the A333 for the typical 3,500nm flight to Europe with 300 seats, then what plane is the suitable replacement?
339s......

700UW said:
DL also has A350s and B787s on order, so they arent just getting A330neos.
Correct. 

United is also getting 787s and 350s. 

A320 Driver said:

A320 Driver said:
So are we...what's your point?

Different aircraft, different missions.
You posted DL is getting 330neos, and you failed to realize DL has ordered the A350 and has the NW 787 order on the books.

Reactions: 1 person

Latest posts