"And the Envelope Please "

nicky guy

Aug 17, 2010
Well the "Bewitching hour" is upon us/DL management. The F/A Voting concluded @ 14:00 today, with results to be announced rather shortly (per AFA)

How fitting it will be, given the fact that Unionism in the USA is at an all time low, that The GOP scored a Major victory a mere few hours ago, and then..........to have the worlds largest airline, which is Non Union as of this posting, and based in ATL Ga., wind up with a New Union for 20,000 F/A's !!

(With the ramp to follow suit in 15 more days)

Christmas day in November. A truly Beautiful thing :D

Reactions: 1 person
Well the "Bewitching hour" is upon us/DL management. The F/A Voting concluded @ 14:00 today, with results to be announced rather shortly (per AFA)

How fitting it will be, given the fact that Unionism in the USA is at an all time low, that The GOP scored a Major victory a mere few hours ago, and then..........to have the worlds largest airline, which is Non Union as of this posting, and based in ATL Ga., wind up with a New Union for 20,000 F/A's !!

Well your right on again... Merry Christmas !

Results of the vote were announced Wednesday afternoon, with 8,776 voting to join the Association of Flight Attendants and 9,544 voting to remain non union, according to Delta spokeswoman Betsy Talton.

We remain nonunion.

Results of the vote were announced Wednesday afternoon, with 8,776 voting to join the Association of Flight Attendants and 9,544 voting to remain non union, according to Delta spokeswoman Betsy Talton.

We remain nonunion.
There were actually 9216 votes for representation, but the difference is the write-in votes for other than the AFA-CWA. Still not enough to stay/become represented but closer than DL said.

Results

Jim

I always like the "silence" category. 18. "Votes Cast for: Write-in: Valid Vote for Representation (Silence) 189.

So what happens now for the previously NW flight attendants? When is AFA officially off the property? Today?

1. Not one to EVER be afraid to admit when I was Wrong but,............ I WAS W R O N G !
2. Albeit the First time,.....the election was conducted Fair and Square.....so It Is what it IS !

Looking out even further, I think it's a good guess that DL F/A's will Never Unionize.
Here's why.
A lot of the Gray .....Big Red F/a's who Never worked under the " DL Co. BS.... soon to coming to a crew base near you" will retire with Pride. This unfortunately will LESSEN the chance to organize DL down the road !

Observations made while sitting up in the ATL terminals during lunch break: Many of the DL F/A's are female, with a lot sporting wedding rings, which could very well mean that theirs is a second pay check coming into the house. This IS a group less likely to "roll the dice",.........while the exact opposite holds true for the below wing "guys"

BUT,

This too will be "gospel" in 15 days from now .

Good Luck IAM....you better be BEATING the bushes for every last vote !!

So are you saying the ramp will vote "No Union" in 15 days ? Nothing like eating crow is there ?

So are you saying the ramp will vote "No Union" in 15 days ? Nothing like eating crow is there ?

Naw southwind, I'm not saying ramp will vote no. If you saw my reasoning about the possible Yes vote by the Ramp...AFTER I was EATING CROW about the F/A's, ...I feel there is a difference between the two departments that I logically defined.

But..... in the case of the ramp vote, you and I and everyone else will know in 15 days !

I have NO misgivings about the severity of this F/A NO vote. As I explained earlier, I now think DL will NEVER have union F/A's. This at least gives the ramp/IAM extra time to take VERY SERIOUS stock of this upcoming vote !