"And the Envelope Please "

How many are protected at DL?

ZERO!

How many stations did DL have before chapter 11 and how many after?

How's that hanger in Dallas and Tampa doing?

Oh that right they closed them!

How many are protected at DL?

ZERO!

How many stations did DL have before chapter 11 and how many after?

How's that hanger in Dallas and Tampa doing?

Oh that right they closed them!

Don't forget ORD, ANC, LAX, SFO, Delta North (ATL).

40 stations for both above and below wing...
Kev ..would you have an estimate of how many full time employees that represents? Per station? And would those employees that would be effected be offered transfers ? Thank you seem to be the person that knows the real answers.

During the Riff, in maintenance, you were able to transfer from a station that was being closed, based on seniority....................sort of like what a union would do ! :blink:

Again, please tell me that, in the past, at anywhere, at any time, at any airline, where it's employees were represented by a union, that a station was never "EVER" closed !

Well the "Bewitching hour" is upon us/DL management. The F/A Voting concluded @ 14:00 today, with results to be announced rather shortly (per AFA)

How fitting it will be, given the fact that Unionism in the USA is at an all time low, that The GOP scored a Major victory a mere few hours ago, and then..........to have the worlds largest airline, which is Non Union as of this posting, and based in ATL Ga., wind up with a New Union for 20,000 F/A's !!

(With the ramp to follow suit in 15 more days)

Christmas day in November. A truly Beautiful thing :D

Anyone seen nicky guy and his crystal ball 'round these parts lately ?

Reactions: 1 person
Kev ..would you have an estimate of how many full time employees that represents? Per station? And would those employees that would be effected be offered transfers ? Thank you seem to be the person that knows the real answers.

The station by station numbers I have are a bit outdated, but there were a total of 4,717 eligible PMNW employees eligible to vote in the Fleet service election. As far as FT/PT breakdown, some stations are close to the 50/50 max, and some aren't even close. Going *strictly* by my back of the envelope math, I'd say roughly 65-70% of those are FT. Was there one in particular you were interested in? if so, lemme know.

During the Riff, in maintenance, you were able to transfer from a station that was being closed, based on seniority....................sort of like what a union would do ! :blink:

Again, please tell me that, in the past, at anywhere, at any time, at any airline, where it's employees were represented by a union, that a station was never "EVER" closed !

I can name several at NW alone...

The station by station numbers I have are a bit outdated, but there were a total of 4,717 eligible PMNW employees eligible to vote in the Fleet service election. As far as FT/PT breakdown, some stations are close to the 50/50 max, and some aren't even close. Going *strictly* by my back of the envelope math, I'd say roughly 65-70% of those are FT. Was there one in particular you were interested in? if so, lemme know.

I can name several at NW alone...
Kev... what I was after is ...How many people are in those cities like grb that may be outsourced ? Are they able to transfer and is this speculation or is this something that is a stated goal ?

Kev... what I was after is ...How many people are in those cities like grb that may be outsourced ? Are they able to transfer and is this speculation or is this something that is a stated goal ?

There has been no statement that these cities will be closed... yet... Most people are basing their assumption(s) that they will be on 2 things. First, NW wanted to shutter all but the hubs previously, and second on the fact that DL's recent history doesn't bode well for smaller line stations.

Should it come to that, under our CBA allows for the following:

*Exercise your seniority into any open position on the system.
*Exercise your seniority into any postion your senioirty in any given classification can hold (aka "bumping"). Note: you cannot bump "up" into a higher classification (FT and PT are equivalent, and Lead is higher).
*Take the layoff (5 years of recall rights)
*Take the severance and resign (in some cases, the severance can be double the normal amount allowed-up to 20 weeks)
* Retire (severance noted above can be used to "bridge" to retirement)

Sorry I don;t have a system total for the line stations, but just for fun, since GRB keeps popping up, here's the total:

FT above wing (includes supervisors, aka Red Coats): 15
PT above wing: 0

FT below wing (includes leads, aka ALA's): 14
PT below wing: 6

Kev,

Wont those protections go away since there will be no more union on the property by the time DL does anything? And what are DL's procedures or do they change at whim?

I would love to see the reaction on the members who voted against representation when they get their layoff notices, I dont wish bad on anyone but they dont realize what they have done.