Another School Massacre

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by signals, Dec 14, 2012.

1. signals

signals Veteran

• Like Like x 1
  2. 737823

737823 Veteran

We do need more gun control in this country, I really wonder what it takes for the second amendment NRA proponents to understand. Very, very sad.

Josh

• Like Like x 1
  3. signals

signals Veteran

Yes it is sad. The person wasn't in his right mind.

Now as far as gun control, how would you propose for it to be done so that nobody has a gun except cops and military? How can you guarantee that not one criminal will have a gun?

There was a letter to the editor once...I'll dig it up...where the writer wrote that he had taken down a neighbor's Democrat campaign signs, because criminals know Democrats don't have guns, and criminals might see the neighborhood as stupid easy targets!

• Like Like x 1
  4. WorldTraveler

WorldTraveler Corn Field

The problem is that many people who shouldn't have guns do... and that is the problem that MUST be addressed.

Americans can't live in a society where crazy people can show up in malls and schools and churches and destroy people's lives.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dog Wonder

Dog Wonder Veteran

The blood isn't dry and its politics instead of sadness.

Sad.

• Like Like x 1
  6. signals

signals Veteran

Why do you think this is the end of these tragedies?

7. KCFlyer

KCFlyer Veteran

Amen dog. I can't imagine what the parents or families of these vicitms are going thru right now. Can we drop the politics for at least a day? I'm gonna hug my kid.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Kev3188

Kev3188 Veteran

Amen.

Littlest couldn't figure out why I didn't object to watching Toy Story 3 for about the 30 millionth time this afternoon like I usually do...

• Like Like x 2
  9. Ms Tree

Ms Tree Veteran

We live in a country where anyone can get a gun. we have the ability to more tightly regulate guns just as we do with cars but we choose not to. Why are we surprised when some nut job gets a gun and kills a bunch of people?

If you want a guarantee, buy a car. No system is perfect. Our system is far far far from being crappy much less perfect.

If you like the system we have then don't be surprised when this happens. Just hope it does not happen to you or a loved one. Betting if it does the gun rights folks will sing a different tune.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Dog Wonder

Dog Wonder Veteran

Who said it was.

It is a time to mourn, not argue.

11. eolesen

eolesen Veteran

Let's see... a 20 year old with pistols...

20 year olds can't own or possess guns legally in CT. He obviously ignored that law.

Nobody is allowed to have handguns in a school. He also ignored that law, too.

What makes anyone think that creating more laws are going to prevent this in the future?

Gun control laws only impact those who follow them. It's always been that way, and it always will be.

What we need are schools that are actually locked down. My son's school is fenced with only an entrance thru the office. NO free access for parents beyond the office unless they've had a background check and are fingerprinted...

How come nobody is asking how an armed gunman managed to get on an elementary school campus when he had no reason to be there? I don't care if his mom worked there.

• Like Like x 1
  12. southwind

southwind Veteran

Agreed, time to debate can come later. At this moment my heart and prayers go out to the affected family's, caused by another senseless tragedy .

• Like Like x 1
  13. delldude

delldude Veteran

With that said, you must have noticed MSM is having the best ratings day ever.

Obama should have no problem getting the UN Conventional Arms treaty through congress now.

14. KCFlyer

KCFlyer Veteran

26 dead. 20 of them kids. And we're talking about the MSM and Obama. Please dell...24 hours. For the kids.

• Like Like x 2
  15. delldude

delldude Veteran

No, you go turn on the TV and tell me what narrative is developing.
    I'm sure MSNBC will be glowing with praise for the kids.

You think for one second the progressives aren't already in their bunker drooling at the prospects to further their agenda?

• Like Like x 1
  16. KCFlyer

KCFlyer Veteran

I don't care what you think a group of people is doing. Try this. Turn off the goddamn TV set and just think about the kids. We'll have plenty of time to argue gun control. Please. For the kids.

• Like Like x 4
  17. delldude

delldude Veteran

Couldn't resist.......huh.

18. KCFlyer

KCFlyer Veteran

Yeah....the last of the bodies is just cooling down now . So let's discuss the merits of Obama gun control policies. Let's discuss how the UN is trying to take over America. I know that if it was MY kid that was killed, I just wouldn't be able to blast Obama or the MSM or the NRA or whoever the #### I need to blast. You have kids dell? If so, and if one were a victim today....would you want other discussing how the MSM is exploiting their deaths for their agenda of a new world order?

• Like Like x 2
  19. delldude

delldude Veteran

You said you were going to go and hug your kid.....cool....why didn't you yesterday?

20. SharoninSAT

SharoninSAT Veteran

It's very tragic and so heartbreaking.