Another School Massacre

No, you go turn on the TV and tell me what narrative is developing.
I'm sure MSNBC will be glowing with praise for the kids.

You think for one second the progressives aren't already in their bunker drooling at the prospects to further their agenda?

I don't care what you think a group of people is doing. Try this. Turn off the goddamn TV set and just think about the kids. We'll have plenty of time to argue gun control. Please. For the kids.

Reactions: 4 people
Couldn't resist.......huh.

Yeah....the last of the bodies is just cooling down now . So let's discuss the merits of Obama gun control policies. Let's discuss how the UN is trying to take over America. I know that if it was MY kid that was killed, I just wouldn't be able to blast Obama or the MSM or the NRA or whoever the #### I need to blast. You have kids dell? If so, and if one were a victim today....would you want other discussing how the MSM is exploiting their deaths for their agenda of a new world order?

Reactions: 2 people
Yeah....the last of the bodies is just cooling down now . So let's discuss the merits of Obama gun control policies. Let's discuss how the UN is trying to take over America. I know that if it was MY kid that was killed, I just wouldn't be able to blast Obama or the MSM or the NRA or whoever the #### I need to blast. You have kids dell? If so, and if one were a victim today....would you want other discussing how the MSM is exploiting their deaths for their agenda of a new world order?

You said you were going to go and hug your kid.....cool....why didn't you yesterday?

Let's see... a 20 year old with pistols...

20 year olds can't own or possess guns legally in CT. He obviously ignored that law.

Nobody is allowed to have handguns in a school. He also ignored that law, too.

What makes anyone think that creating more laws are going to prevent this in the future?

Gun control laws only impact those who follow them. It's always been that way, and it always will be.

What we need are schools that are actually locked down. My son's school is fenced with only an entrance thru the office. NO free access for parents beyond the office unless they've had a background check and are fingerprinted...

How come nobody is asking how an armed gunman managed to get on an elementary school campus when he had no reason to be there? I don't care if his mom worked there.

How come no one is holding the gun owner responsible? Why did they leave their gun in a position where a 20 year old gain access to the weapon? Was it locked in a gun safe with trigger guard on it? Probably not.

Why is no one asking why a person can buy a gun legally and sell the weapon to a second party with out any checks or safe guards. Not like a 20 yr old would have a fake ID right?.

We have the ability to track and regulate guns as we see fit but we choose not to. Yet when a bunch of children get murdered people are wringing their hands asking what could be done.

We can look the schools down with guards and metal detectors but then the right complains about privacy invasions and treating kids like criminals.

We live in a violent society where anyone can get a gun and violence is an acceptable if not preferred method of problem resolution. And we wonder why this happens? I wonder why it does not happen more.

Reactions: 3 people

KC, I made no mention of this or that regarding the merits of gun control, only that your party now has a rocket up its butt exploiting the narrative.....I don't see the Cons doing it, only your boys......

SO as to what you accused me of, look at Mr Trees post.

I'm done with it, hug her twice.

KC, I made no mention of this or that regarding the merits of gun control, only that your party now has a rocket up its butt exploiting the narrative.....I don't see the Cons doing it, only your boys......

SO as to what you accused me of, look at Mr Trees post.

I'm done with it, hug her twice.
Ms Tree didn't post until AFTER you called me out. I hug her every chance I get. I guess I can take some comfort in knowing she made it to her 19th birthday. 20 of these victims didn't make it to their ninth.

Ms Tree didn't post until AFTER you called me out. I hug her every chance I get. I guess I can take some comfort in knowing she made it to her 19th birthday. 20 of these victims didn't make it to their ninth.

His post is directly leaning to what you lamely accused me of regardless of when he posted and where I didn't go. But of course, it doesn't matter, he's one of YOUR boys.

Reactions: 1 person
His post is directly leaning to what you lamely accused me of regardless of when he posted and where I didn't go. But of course, it doesn't matter, he's one of YOUR boys.
Fine...want me to call them out...how about this....let's respect the dead by waiting until 6 p.m. tomorrow to post about gun control, MSM and Obama. Deal?

How come no one is holding the gun owner responsible? Why did they leave their gun in a position where a 20 year old gain access to the weapon? Was it locked in a gun safe with trigger guard on it? Probably not.

Why is no one asking why a person can buy a gun legally and sell the weapon to a second party with out any checks or safe guards. Not like a 20 yr old would have a fake ID right?.

We have the ability to track and regulate guns as we see fit but we choose not to. Yet when a bunch of children get murdered people are wringing their hands asking what could be done.

We can look the schools down with guards and metal detectors but then the right complains about privacy invasions and treating kids like criminals.

We live in a violent society where anyone can get a gun and violence is an acceptable if not preferred method of problem resolution. And we wonder why this happens? I wonder why it does not happen more.
well said and it is a tribute to the dead to ask the very question the parents are asking right now, "how did this happen and what responsibility do we have to ensure no one has to face this again?"
Politics don't have a role in this discussion at this point but the heat of the moment is exactly what has to be the catalyst to effect change. it is too easy to deal w/ the emotions today and not fix the problem - we wouldn't be having this discussion if we had sought solutions to the problems that became apparent w/ an increase in mass shootings that has been seen in recent years.

E,
no one is saying more laws will fix the problem and no one is denying how the system failed... but it is precisely because the results of failures have been so widespread that we can't continue to say that "the system failed" which is too bad so we just throw a few more spades of dirt on the problem.

The problem is that the wrong people had access to deadly weapons. The answer may or may not have anything to do with gun control and alot more to do with warning signs for mental health and family problems that were not heeded in this and other cases.

The bottom line is that we it to these children and educators to make sure they are not just another set of deaths in a long and endless cycle.
It is a disgrace to modern civilization that we can't figure out how to address these problems.

And, BTW, news reports say the guns came from the shooter's mother - who was herself killed.

FFS guys; even Southwind & I agree for once. That should tell you something.

Give it a day out of respect for the victims, and we can all have at it tomorrow.

[background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]America doesn't have a gun problem, what America has is a NERD problem!! You never see the highschool qb opening fire on society, these shootings it's always some outcast thats on the computer all day playing dungeons and dragons or some other bs. [/background]

[background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]I've had a theory for awhile that nature hasn't taken its course in society for awhile and that the general population is breeding more stupid, weak, and mentally ill people as the years go on. These shootings happening so often recently make me wonder...[/background]

and the indications are that this was indeed far deeper than gun issues that were not addressed.

Give it a day out of respect for the victims, and we can all have at it tomorrow.

fair enough but you do realize that the President didn't hesitate to say that there has to be a meaningful discussion about putting an end to this kind of violence and on that he and I agree.

It has been far too easy to wait until the pain of yet another disaster passes w/o dealing w/ the problem.
We wouldn't be having this discussion today if the pain of events in the past had resulted in a true commitment to change.

I'll give you and others who want to call for a day of no commentary the first opportunity to say what you propose needs to be done in order to put an end to this blight of modern society.

Reactions: 1 person

Latest posts