Another School Massacre

Pardon me but I am up to my eyeballs in disgust over the non stop news coverage of the Newtown incident. There are 18 parents who will NEVER EVER be the same. As many as 80% of them will ultimately divorce as a result of the events on Friday. Others will suffer from a type of PTSD called Survivors Guilt, Winesses will have nightmares for longer then any of us will ever know.

To the Media and the President: Leave these people alone. Allow them their quiet time to grieve. They don't need your circus and political grandstanding photo ops. Frankly I'm nauseated by the media.

The non stop media circus is a contributary factor in the growth of these types of rampages. Some crave their 15 minutes of fame. How many will watch the coverage and try to out do Mr Lanza?

Allow the citizens of Newtown, CT their peace. They've paid for it with the blood of their neighbors.

I checked one of the statements in the article:

According to Gun policy.org that may be a bit if a stretching of the truth. The stats on this site only go back 10 years but the murder rate for gun homicides has remained pretty flat over the last ten years. Non-gun homicides have shrunk quite a bit.
With the murder rate less than half what it was two decades ago, and violent crime down even more in that time, gun control has declined as a political issue

Reactions: 2 people
The 2nd Amendment exists to enable the citizenry to defend itself against a tyrannical government.

Gather up everyone in your neighborhood, and all the guns. How long do you last against Seal Team 6... Or the local National Guard infantry unit?

Things changed.

I'm not advocating vacating the 2nd, but some restrictions, background checks, waiting periods, limits on gun show and mail order sales--coupled with enforced personal responsibility as ms Tree suggests, and some no bs dealing with mental health issues, may actually be the only thing that can ultimately preserve the people's right, in this case.

A society that routinely accepts TSA, the "Patriot" Act, etc., will not accept these events, or the wide open wild west gun rights philosophy, forever.

Those who value the 2nd had ought to get out in front of realistic, responsible solutions, and soon

Wrong! It is about you arming yourself to defend your government.

Pardon me but I am up to my eyeballs in disgust over the non stop news coverage of the Newtown incident. There are 18 parents who will NEVER EVER be the same. As many as 80% of them will ultimately divorce as a result of the events on Friday. Others will suffer from a type of PTSD called Survivors Guilt, Winesses will have nightmares for longer then any of us will ever know.

To the Media and the President: Leave these people alone. Allow them their quiet time to grieve. They don't need your circus and political grandstanding photo ops. Frankly I'm nauseated by the media.

The non stop media circus is a contributary factor in the growth of these types of rampages. Some crave their 15 minutes of fame. How many will watch the coverage and try to out do Mr Lanza?

Allow the citizens of Newtown, CT their peace. They've paid for it with the blood of their neighbors.

So when can we talk about it? It's been a few years since Columbine? Can we talk about that? How about the shooting at the theater? Is it long enough after that one? Gabby Giffords?

Here is a list of multiple murders since Columbine. How long do you want to wait? How many more people will have to die before you think it is OK to start a conversation on what to do to stop this insanity? Does one of your kids need to be murdered for it to happen?

I am nauseated by the silence of the right who use every opportunity to stifle any conversation about holding gun owners/sellers responsible for the weapons they sell/buy. I am nauseated by the your silence that seem to indicate you do not give a rats ass about the 8,000 plus gun homicides that occur in this country every year.

I am sure you would love if the media would just be quiet about it and you could just ignore the reality of the world we live in. You just have to love the conservative idea of responsibility. Everyone else has to be responsible except conservatives.

What ever.

Reactions: 5 people
Most of the founders writings would disagree with that sentiment. Either way, times have changed a bit in the last 200+ years.
Experience in America prior to the U.S. Constitution

In no particular order, early American settlers viewed the right to arms and/or the right to bear arms and/or state militias as important for one or more of these purposes:[sup][25][/sup][sup][26][/sup][sup][27][/sup][sup][28][/sup][sup][29][/sup][sup][30][/sup][sup][31][/sup][sup][32][/sup]
  • deterring tyrannical government;
  • repelling invasion;
  • suppressing insurrection;
  • facilitating a natural right of self-defense;
  • participating in law enforcement;
  • enabling the people to organize a militia system.

Reactions: 1 person
481492_573414812674117_411153723_n.jpg

32427_10151188982809150_1462402755_n.jpg

Agree 100%.... This entire media spectacle is an inspiration for the next one preparing something similar. I don't own a TV now for a few years by choice, but every time I would stopped by the break room at work today, and would see the news on TV, I couldn't help but roll my eyes. I was almost going to comment to the people in the room... "So when's the 'we-feel-so-bad-for-this-shooting' benefit concert with all the major stars coming out to sing?" I mean seriously? We're doing it again - the whole drama thing.

To CNN and all the rest: "Whatever happened, happened.... advocate for a fix to the gun problem but don't ruin Christmas for the entire nation?"

Reactions: 3 people
So when can we talk about it?
I am nauseated by the silence of the right who use every opportunity to stifle any conversation about holding gun owners/sellers responsible for the weapons they sell/buy. I am nauseated by the your silence that seem to indicate you do not give a rats ass about the 8,000 plus gun homicides that occur in this country every year.
What ever.

But the other 1,196,263 murders by abortion just this year are ok?

But the other 1,196,263 murders by abortion just this year are ok?

Nope, it's not and conservatives are doing about as much to stop abortions in this country as they are doing to stop gun homicides in this country. A whole lot of nothing.

Thanks for proving my point. You do not have any suggestions about how to reduce gun violence and you have nothing to reduce unwanted pregnancies and the resulting abortions.

Nope, it's not and conservatives are doing about as much to stop abortions in this country as they are doing to stop gun homicides in this country. A whole lot of nothing.

Thanks for proving my point. You do not have any suggestions about how to reduce gun violence and you have nothing to reduce unwanted pregnancies and the resulting abortions.

Gun homicides came in around 10,000 last year. Automobile wrecks killed just about double. Alcohol related fatalities were almost equal to gun deaths.

So that means if we the basic libtard logic of banning harmful stuff like Big Gulps and such we should then clearl outlaw guns cars and alcohol. Aftral it's apublic safety issue isn't it?

I mean look at how well the War on Drugs is going!!! Then of course we can learn from the first time we tried Prohibition. When Prohibition was reppealed violent crimes dropped in excess of 40%, Want to end gun violenve? History has alreadt provided 40% of the solution.

A friend had that second poster on her facebook page. Seems it came from a facebook page called "Things Libeals Hate" ANd I guess what us bleeding heart liberals hate more than anything is that when 20 kids who haven't seen a decade on earth are killed, someone posts crap like this on a "liberal hate this" facebook within HOURS of the event because they are more concerned about any kind of "infringement" of their right to own a Howitzer.

^^^^THIS^^^^
So when can we talk about it? It's been a few years since Columbine? Can we talk about that? How about the shooting at the theater? Is it long enough after that one? Gabby Giffords?

Here is a list of multiple murders since Columbine. How long do you want to wait? How many more people will have to die before you think it is OK to start a conversation on what to do to stop this insanity? Does one of your kids need to be murdered for it to happen?

I am sure you would love if the media would just be quiet about it and you could just ignore the reality of the world we live in. You just have to love the conservative idea of responsibility. Everyone else has to be responsible except conservatives.

What ever.

There are more ways to commit a homicide, other than using a gun and if someone is intent on comitting the act, knives, ropes, bombs are good substitutions or maybe we should outlaw those too !

As Sparrow refered to , in the above post, the Media is just as much to blame, as they sensationalize act's like these and not that this event is not tragic but, 24/7 coverage is well past the limit of good intentions !

A friend had that second poster on her facebook page. Seems it came from a facebook page called "Things Libeals Hate" ANd I guess what us bleeding heart liberals hate more than anything is that when 20 kids who haven't seen a decade on earth are killed, someone posts crap like this on a "liberal hate this" facebook within HOURS of the event because they are more concerned about any kind of "infringement" of their right to own a Howitzer.

My bad. This reply was for Dell's pic, stating lives saved by police vs. citizens. All this tells me is more people should have carry permits !

Latest posts