Anti-AFA Delta FA's On US 1549

Article:
Backed by management, a group of flight attendants at Delta Air Lines Inc. who were with the company before its acquisition of Northwest Airlines want the two carriers' seniority lists combined based on date of hire, and they are pushing the union that represents Northwest flight attendants to move forward with the plan.

Does this mean that an FA that was hired by Delta a day before the merger will have more seniority than a 10 year FA from NW?

No, date of hire means the date you were hired with your pre-merger, respective airline. Date of hire in this case does not have anything to do with the date the merger was consummated.

And you cant assume that they [non votes] are not as well.

That's why if I were on the formal or informal committees to say "NoWayAFA!", I would want a YES/NO vote to prove once and for all that Delta FAs truly don't want AFA representation rather than hiding behind an 83-year old (RLA enacted in 1926), archaic voting method.
PS: There was little to no scheduled airline service in 1926--the RLA was really about Railroads, thus the name RAILWAY Labor Act.

Sounds to me like you are the one on "Special (AFA - Hugger) Assignments" (and spreading lies for that matter).

I have flown more in the past 2 months then you have for the past year.

I am not on special assignement, just a regular line flight attendant.

You on the other hand have lied about who you are and what you do.

Ms. Special Assignment

That's why if I were on the formal or informal committees to say "NoWayAFA!", I would want a YES/NO vote to prove once and for all that Delta FAs truly don't want AFA representation rather than hiding behind an 83-year old (RLA enacted in 1926), archaic voting method.
PS: There was little to no scheduled airline service in 1926--the RLA was really about Railroads, thus the name RAILWAY Labor Act.

Nobody is hiding behind anything luke. Those are the ground rules that have been set for decades with airlines that are now successfully unionized. Why is it archaic? It's because AFA has an issue with it only when they lose.

Why was it not an issue with Ryan and Lynx? Why wasn't AFA howling at the top of their lungs with the process during/after their election? Answer: Because they won. No problem then.

I have flown more in the past 2 months then you have for the past year.

I am not on special assignement, just a regular line flight attendant.

You on the other hand have lied about who you are and what you do.

Ms. Special Assignment
Ok, little miss meltdown...You obviously feel highly threatened and shaken by my presence. Please feel free to back up any of your ridiculous statements with facts. It would be a nice change coming from you, if you are able.

Nobody is hiding behind anything luke. Those are the ground rules that have been set for decades with airlines that are now successfully unionized. Why is it archaic? It's because AFA has an issue with it only when they lose.

Why was it not an issue with Ryan and Lynx? Why wasn't AFA howling at the top of their lungs with the process during/after their election? Answer: Because they won. No problem then.

The reason I say you're hiding behind it is proven by your response. Think about it. I'm just trying to get you to see the view from the other side. Again, if you were confident in the fact that the majority of DL f/a's were against representation, then you shouldn't care if they changed to a YES/NO ballot. Again, I'm not saying change the law, but I don't understand why you and your group are so threatened by it if they did. (Unless you think you'd lose and if that's the case, then you should see where the AFA is coming from, i.e.: can we get the message to those out for years on voluntary furlough? can we make sure they don't throw the ballot away?, have they moved?, and I'm sure you'd volunteer to call people to remind them to vote, etc, etc...)

Ryan and Lynx are tiny, tiny airlines with incredibly small FA populations. You really can't compare it to the largest airline in the world. I've seen this uttered on the FB page over and over and it really doesn't wash. Or it does wash, it's just for hogs.

Finally, my main purpose is not to strong-arm anyone into voting for union representation. (As I stated earlier to day I have my own reservations about some of AFA's structure and bylaws.)
All I've tried to do since the very first post on this thread is to show that the anti-AFA side is no different than the pro-AFA side. The absolutists on BOTH sides are idealogues and many of the anti-AFA FB site facilitators have shown themselves at times to be very hypocritical and so desperate to get their point across that one of them decided to publicly degrade (on the FB discussion board) the 1549 flight crew. Even though that has been removed, it left a very bad taste in my mouth and I think it did for others here as well. I could never respect what that individual has to say nor those that tried to defend his actions.

Just a side story that has nothing to do with this, or maybe it does :rolleyes: ...
A former NWA employee that works in my industry said that an NWA employee that transfered to Houston told him that she is getting a 'better deal' with Delta than she ever saw with NW and has suddenly become a 'to hell with the union' type employee.

Your friend's friend has a very short memory, or is *really* junior. She does realize that she wouldn't even be able to work in IAH if it wasn't for the IAM's fighting to keep it open, right?

I agree ,what I consider part of a true vote.
When any political voting takes place the incumbent doesn't receive the non-votes .

YES.

Dapoes you haven't denied being on special assignment...

This tells me everything I need to know.

Ive denied it since others here accused me of the same, long before you crawled out from your under rock. I dont care what you think and if you know so much, then prove it and stop acting so threatened :lol: .

The reason I say you're hiding behind it is proven by your response. Think about it. I'm just trying to get you to see the view from the other side. Again, if you were confident in the fact that the majority of DL f/a's were against representation, then you shouldn't care if they changed to a YES/NO ballot.
Im well aware and understand completely where the other side is coming from. And im also well aware of the RLA process as well. And I have also answered your "what if" question already. But now it seems like your mixing arguments that are very clear different to me. It appears that you are completely unable to see the other side. But thats ok Luke, nobody is trying to beat you up over it either.
Again, I'm not saying change the law, but I don't understand why you and your group are so threatened by it if they did. (Unless you think you'd lose and if that's the case, then you should see where the AFA is coming from, i.e.: can we get the message to those out for years on voluntary furlough? can we make sure they don't throw the ballot away?, have they moved?, and I'm sure you'd volunteer to call people to remind them to vote, etc, etc...)
Its not so much being threatened, its just that same AFA excuse is getting old already. Their argument has nothing to do with DAL, but with the RLA and NMB. However in typical AFA style they blame DAL FA's as well.
Ryan and Lynx are tiny, tiny airlines with incredibly small FA populations. You really can't compare it to the largest airline in the world. I've seen this uttered on the FB page over and over and it really doesn't wash. Or it does wash, it's just for hogs.
And why is that? Its the same process used for all airlines and for regardless of size. Are you saying that the voting rules and laws should be different depending on size? How is that fair?
Finally, my main purpose is not to strong-arm anyone into voting for union representation. (As I stated earlier to day I have my own reservations about some of AFA's structure and bylaws.)
All I've tried to do since the very first post on this thread is to show that the anti-AFA side is no different than the pro-AFA side. The absolutists on BOTH sides are idealogues and many of the anti-AFA FB site facilitators have shown themselves at times to be very hypocritical and so desperate to get their point across that one of them decided to publicly degrade (on the FB discussion board) the 1549 flight crew. Even though that has been removed, it left a very bad taste in my mouth and I think it did for others here as well. I could never respect what that individual has to say nor those that tried to defend his actions.
Just like one rude NWA FA doesnt reflect the entire group, nor does one inappropriate comment made by a DAL FA.

You know Dapoes, lets give DAL mgmt the benefit of the doubt and say they are labor friendly. OK, now what happens when new mgmt comes in, b/c you and I know that relationship is about as long as a one night stand.. Then you have someone who is labor unfriendly come in.. Times have changed, and the airline business isn't the same.. Wear a condom, protect yourself.. Seriously, this isn't first grade anymore and passing notes is archaic.. PROTECT yourselves, at least somewhat, you know what they say... It isn't 100% protection against infection, but it seriously lowers the risk.. Come on, you guys, its common sense..

Just like one rude NWA FA doesnt reflect the entire group, nor does one inappropriate comment made by a DAL FA.
do you know that some people will actually consider it rude if you do not have their beverage choice available...or asked to pay for a meal? because some may say..."pay for a meal..how rude" but most people appreciate the for sale items..so a perception of being rude may not necessarily be that someone actually was by an individual behavior..

an inappropriate comment is actually...signed, sealed and delivered rude by an individual...and there is no getting around that..at all.

on the aircraft Flight Attendants have a lot more power that some may think. Overall a very pleasant experience, friendly demeanor, and a caring attitude does not only reflect highly on the group..it also reflects highly on the airline..a passenger can form an entire impression of an airline based solely on one experience!..(and then they generally tend to share that experience with others..)

on forums I think people should voice their opinions and vent how they feel(of course with kindness in mind..dontcha think? ) but it is imperative to be a complete professional on the aircraft...at all times!

its just a tip I remember sort of a.... flashback Charm School moment from Social..