Anti-AFA Delta FA's On US 1549

I honestly do not know what to think about this group.

I certainly don't think all the members who have clicked the "join" page for that particular group on Facebook have ill intentions. Many feel passionately about Delta f/a's remaining union free, for a variety of reasons and that is fine. What bothers me is there is a nasty, defensive streak to SOME of the members (at least it comes across that way in their postings) and there is blatant hypocrisy as well (which I've already pointed out ...they feel they are not guilty of half-truths, deception, and so forth. In fact, they make it a major contention that the AFA is guilty of these things, etc..).
Let's face it. There are good and bad apples on BOTH sides of this issue but one has the backing of the company (I'm not saying they get financial aid directly from Delta but they don't have to..the company puts out all the "Our Delta" "factsheets" that we see on the lounge tables. I mean, most of the battle is fought FOR them by the company.) and the other has the backing of a powerful union but also has a higher hurdle to jump (the RLA voting process for one as well as more restrictions on getting the information out, mailing lists, etc..).

What bothers me is there is a nasty, defensive streak to SOME of the members (at least it comes across that way in their postings) and there is blatant hypocrisy as well (which I've already pointed out ...they feel they are not guilty of half-truths, deception, and so forth.
I think opinions are important regardless either way..as it helps form a balanced perspective(actually its necessary..one should want to read and hear different ideas ..to see both sides for what they are worth..) the issue to me would be misquoting someone or not fully researching the actual facts.. only to turn around on a blog an use that as a basis to discredit an organization and a Flight Crew.

Its one thing to have an opinion, its quite another to manipulate a statement for a personal agenda (either way... attempting to push a union...or non-union idea)....which I hope is not the case here...that is not very professional for both groups.

I certainly don't think all the members who have clicked the "join" page for that particular group on Facebook have ill intentions
I actually agree, some are probably just interested in simply corresponding with each other for whatever purposes..

There are good and bad apples on BOTH sides of this issue
I actually like to believe most are simply passionate regarding their viewpoints and are simply attempting to get others at minimum..understanding where they are coming from..

but it appears to me some are simply viewing the whole merger as adopting one culture solely(based on some of the facebook comments) and absorbing an entire airline operation without any regard to another policies and procedures...I read some comments that they want to show us their way and how it will be once we understand how great it is with a direct management relationship..(as if we do not understand that concept at all) personally believe I have a good working relationship with my manager(today more are former Flight Attendants who understand the job aspect of the profession) ..its just my opinion.. a reality of the industry as a whole.. having something in writing may be benefical as well..I would like to read more comments that are balanced in that regard..(I did not read any..but of course they may be present..) many of the facebook comments seemed to me, overly emotional.

Still, I find it sickening that anyone would try to assert that union membership had anything to do with surviving a potential airplane disaster. The PWW (and its supporters) should be ashamed.
while I agree that is not the right thing to do under any circumstance(pushing an agenda for union by manipulating a comment, if that is the case..)..I wonder if that is the actual article that was used as reference on the facebook blog? because that is not clear...

You are correct.

Me too, especially when none of them has their facts straight. But leave it to the PWW to print the following:

http://www.pww.org/article/articleview/14311/

The entire article is filled with references to the various unions involved and asserts that the miracle was due to their union membership. Sickening.

It doesn't surprise me at all. PWW is a long standing pro-union organization. If you dig a little deeper you will find a lot of articles floating around on various Union websites with articles from pww.org. With simple google search with these keywords "pww union teamsters"

http://www.teamster.org/content/freight

Articles on PWW written by teamsters
http://www.pww.org/article/articleview/13278/1/266/

Heres one that's rather disturbing from the Communist Party Usa website
http://www.cpusa.org/article/view/979/

Organizing in Oregon
The Civil and Human Rights Committee of SEIU Local 503, Oregon Public Employees Union sponsored and hosted a talk by Communist Party Vice Chair Jarvis Tyner, Local 503 retiree activist Ann Montague and union organizer Bob Novick on Friday, August 8 in Portland, Oregon.

Sixty-three people attended the event, which was held at the Portland 503 union hall. The overwhelmingly workingclass crowd included participants from SEIU, AFT, CWA, Teamsters and other unions. People came from as far away as Eugene and Corvallis to attend

The forum was held to reflect on past civil rights struggles and to tie these to the present political moment. The panel featured three slightly different perspectives on the past and on the Obama candidacy. Communist literature was briskly distributed. One woman who attended took a number of items with her for her non-union paper mill.

I would be very interested if AFA vetted this article from PWW or not.

It doesn't surprise me at all. PWW is a long standing pro-union organization. If you dig a little deeper you will find a lot of articles floating around on various Union websites with articles from pww.org. With simple google search with these keywords "pww union teamsters"

http://www.teamster.org/content/freight

Articles on PWW written by teamsters
http://www.pww.org/article/articleview/13278/1/266/

Heres one that's rather disturbing from the Communist Party Usa website
http://www.cpusa.org/article/view/979/

I would be very interested if AFA vetted this article from PWW or not.

Dapoes--Please don't hijack this thread into an indictment of this PWW group. Do I think what they do is kosher? Absolutely not. However, the original thread had to do with the fact that the NO WAY AFA crowd used it as fact for their Facebook site when, in fact, Pat Friend said nothing of the sort. I would hope Pat Friend would address the issue to put it to rest. Her not addressing it doesn't mean she is supporting the statement. Perhaps the idea is so ludicrous (that AFA trains f/a's to react well in an emergency and that's why these f/a's were so successful, because they were union members) that she might think it's not worth her time...kind of like celebrities just roll their eyes and carry on after what tabloid rags say about them.

Dapoes--Please don't hijack this thread into an indictment on this PWW group. Do I think what they do is kosher? Absolutely not. However, the original thread had to do with the fact that the NO WAY AFA crowd used it as fact for their Facebook site when, in fact, Pat Friend said nothing of the sort. I would hope Pat Friend would address the issue to put it to rest, not because I think she agrees with what it says. But then again, perhaps the idea is so ludicrous (that AFA trains f/a's to react so well in an emergency) that she might think it's not worth her time...kind of like celebrities just roll their eyes and carry on after what tabloid rags say about them.

Nope no hijacking at all, it was brought up by others here. In my own research into the subject being discussed here, I merely found an obvious relationship between PWW and various labor unions.

I agree with you 100% that if Pat Friend didn't say such things, then a retraction should be in order.

But I doubt that will happen.

However, the original thread had to do with the fact that the NO WAY AFA crowd used it as fact for their Facebook site when
that site does not reference where the quote originated, its just posted.

the idea is so ludicrous
my personal concern is that some actually believe that to be the case.. when in fact..they should know that airlines actually do the training. this is clearly understood with some on that blog? (maybe not?)

What are you talking about Dig? I was referencing PWW.
Dapoes, facebook does not recognize that as a reference, the only one who did was FWAAA by insinuating that is the case, again its not clear where it came from..but the comments that believed other than airlines doing the actual training(and those who believed it to be the case) were posted on Friday according to the date and time on facebook..

where did it originate from that is the question? they provided a quote but no actual source and then actually believed it to be fact...

Well so far since the PWW has close ties to labor unions, it very may well be factual, until Pat steps up and says other wise and PWW prints a retraction.