Anti-AFA Delta FA's On US 1549

Im well aware and understand completely where the other side is coming from. And im also well aware of the RLA process as well. And I have also answered your "what if" question already. But now it seems like your mixing arguments that are very clear different to me. It appears that you are completely unable to see the other side. But thats ok Luke, nobody is trying to beat you up over it either.
How can I not understand the other side?? I have seen the other side during the last 2 elections.
We live with the "other side". It's the current law. You're reaching here.

Its not so much being threatened, its just that same AFA excuse is getting old already. Their argument has nothing to do with DAL, but with the RLA and NMB. However in typical AFA style they blame DAL FA's as well.
How have they blamed DL FAs?

And why is that? Its the same process used for all airlines and for regardless of size. Are you saying that the voting rules and laws should be different depending on size? How is that fair?
To me, this is the least difficult concept to wrap one's mind around. Look at it this way. Suppose you're having a party. You have to get the word out by sending invitations to 300 people. Then the next year the invitation list grows to 21,000. You think getting the word out to every guest is going to be just like the year before when the list was only 300????

Just like one rude NWA FA doesnt reflect the entire group, nor does one inappropriate comment made by a DAL FA.
I didn't say it did. If you go back and read what I wrote I use the phrase "many of the FB facilitators". I never said the entire group.

The bottom line is to protect jobs....again union or non-union.
exactly..as Flight Attendant we have worked very hard over many years into decades, making sacrifices along the way in order to secure our futures...and that is actually the bottom line...to protect jobs..(all of them!) either way, the jobs must be protected and...respected.

I wish all the best and may you come to an agreement to profit you all :up:
what a wonderful thing to write! Thank you..

How can I not understand the other side?? I have seen the other side during the last 2 elections.
We live with the "other side". It's the current law. You're reaching here.
No your not Luke, you have this idea that the FA's are "hiding behind" something. That's utterly ridiculous.

To me, this is the least difficult concept to wrap one's mind around. Look at it this way. Suppose you're having a party. You have to get the word out by sending invitations to 300 people. Then the next year the invitation list grows to 21,000. You think getting the word out to every guest is going to be just like the year before when the list was only 300????
So than you agree that the law should be different based upon head count? What if the laws were different depending upon head count in governmental elections. You think that would be fair? Your argument is based upon the theory that it should be easier on the union...so they don't have to work as hard? Is that it?

Dapoes just like the crew of UsAir 1549 stated in yesterday's hearing...labor just wants an even playing field!

Dapoes just like the crew of UsAir 1549 stated in yesterday's hearing...labor just wants an even playing field!
Isn't US Air already unionized? How much more level can it get then?
I didnt catch the hearing, in what context were they reffering to?

No your not Luke, you have this idea that the FA's are "hiding behind" something. That's utterly ridiculous.

So than you agree that the law should be different based upon head count? What if the laws were different depending upon head count in governmental elections. You think that would be fair? Your argument is based upon the theory that it should be easier on the union...so they don't have to work as hard? Is that it?

I am not saying "the FAs" are hiding behind anything. I'm saying YOU (and your cronies) are by showing your gall at having a real democratic election. It is YOU who wants it to stay the same because you are fearful (of the election going to AFA) if the law was changed or the NMB instituted a Laker Ballot.

And for you to bring up government elections!! They would take place the way I am talking about. That's the point!! If our election laws were such that we allowed everyone who wanted to keep the incumbent in office during the reelection cycle to stay home and that counted as a status quo (keep him in office) vote and only those who want the challenger had to actually take action, THEN I could see how your argument makes sense. But that's not how it works. And again, I am NOT saying it should be easier on the union. I am trying to get you to admit that if the law was changed so that it was even so that EVERYONE had to cast a YES or NO vote, it could very possibly be a different outcome.
What's sad is that you are too much of an ideologue to have an adult discussion with.
How's the weather up there?

so that EVERYONE had to cast a YES or NO vote, it could very possibly be a different outcome.
I am with Luke on this one..I think the vote should go yes or no..and those who do not vote it just doesnt count as anything...I dont think people should have to vote(if they choose not to..) but absolutely no way should those who just dont participate count as if they did as an automatic No...that is just so archaic! so 1926..1936 or whenever! Lets get with the times here!

I am not saying "the FAs" are hiding behind anything. I'm saying YOU (and your cronies) are by showing your gall at having a real democratic election. It is YOU who wants it to stay the same because you are fearful (of the election going to AFA) if the law was changed or the NMB instituted a Laker Ballot.

And for you to bring up government elections!! They would take place the way I am talking about. That's the point!! If our election laws were such that we allowed everyone who wanted to keep the incumbent in office during the reelection cycle to stay home and that counted as a status quo (keep him in office) vote and only those who want the challenger had to actually take action, THEN I could see how your argument makes sense. But that's not how it works. And again, I am NOT saying it should be easier on the union. I am trying to get you to admit that if the law was changed so that it was even so that EVERYONE had to cast a YES or NO vote, it could very possibly be a different outcome.
What's sad is that you are too much of an ideologue to have an adult discussion with.
How's the weather up there?

First off Luke you really need to chill and not get so stressed out over this discussion. And who exactly are me and my cronies?

I am trying to get you to admit that if the law was changed so that it was even so that EVERYONE had to cast a YES or NO vote

Ok Luke, maybe it would have different outcome. Or maybe not. Who really knows for sure. You assume it would. I admit that I don't really know if it would. Is that what you are getting angry about?

my cronies?

whatever the outcome of this election either way, we are just going to have to drop that cronies mentality line of thinking(from both sides), and I know its present...clicks and what-not probably will still be to an extent...but we have to come together as a group..