Anti-AFA Delta FA's On US 1549

What do you mean by a "cronies mentality line of thinking"?

we all have friends and people we like to fly with..that is one thing...what I was meaning..regarding dropping the cronies line of thinking is those who form these groups within the airline that one side is pro-union ..or..anti-union and then it seems they isolate themselves from each other and it causes division... will that go away? probably not..

Of course we are going to come together.

that process can be made a little easier if some would initiate seniority integration meetings and a resolution to the election.. so we can all move forward..

You can work as a team and still disagree on an issue or two.

exactly. that is because you are focused on professionalism on the aircraft (as well as the majority) one thing I have always noticed at NW..we may not always agree regarding issues off the aircraft but work well as a team on..

Are you willing to have the majority of votes cast determine if the union will be tossed out?

majority rules..

And face that possibility every 12 months?

people dont give up and that is how life operates in general, we are always facing some type of challenges in our lives..

And give the employer to power to seek a decertification vote?

if the majority feels that way, that is what it will be..(that should be determined with a yes or no vote)

The theory behind the NMB's election process has always been that union representation is optional and shouldn't be forced on the majority by the minority. Therefore it's incumbent on the union seeking to represent the group to affirmatively demonstrate that over 50% of the group desires representation.

That's almost the reverse of elections for government office where insuring that someone is elected to each office is seen as more important.

Does the NMB election process make it harder to unionize a group? Probably so, maybe even certainly so. But the right not to be represented is considered more important than making it easier for a union to win a representational election.

Jim
Very well said!

I find it intereseting that the same post you quoted Dapoes, suddently showed up on the 'No Way AFA' group only 3 minutes before you added you "Very well said" on here.

Hmmm....don't want to come to any conclusions....or do I?

I find it intereseting that the same post you quoted Dapoes, suddently showed up on the 'No Way AFA' group

Is someone actually "borrowing" my posts without permission? I may have to stop posting on this subject since I'm only interested in the debate and not which side "wins".

Jim

Is someone actually "borrowing" my posts without permission? I may have to stop posting on this subject since I'm only interested in the debate and not which side "wins".

Jim

Jim, I don't think "Jal" was talking about you. (I know it's hard for some pilots to believe it's not all about them...HAha..JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!) :)

What was noticed yesterday was that a certain individual who spends ALL DAY (and nights) on this board posted an identical link to an article (another thread here on the mechanics) on the NoWayAFA sight around the same time.

Jim, I don't think "Jal" was talking about you. (I know it's hard for some pilots to believe it's not all about them...HAha..JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!) :)

What I noticed yesterday was that a certain individual who spends ALL DAY (and nights) on this board posted an identical link to an article (another thread here on the mechanics) on the NoWayAFA sight around the same time.

UPDATE: Yes, the same individual used your quote but later provided a link on the NoWayAFA site.

My apologies, I was informed of my error and I corrected, I thought it was very eloquently said tho.

Hi Mya,
Welcome to USAviation. Some of the folks over at NoWayAFA don't give us much credit. We've been referred to as conspiracy theorists and bitter people so I'm surprised you would stop by to see what we have to say. But none the less, welcome to the site.
To be honest, I hope if you choose to post here, that the writing style is a little less snarky than what we're used to from Dapoes. I know it's difficult when you're passionate about beliefs and opinions (believe me!) but I think from here on out, we should all try to be a little more respectful. Whaddya say?
Just curious, do you work for Delta, NW, or perhaps a consulting group?
I work for Delta as a FA, pushing close to the 30-year mark! (now I feel old!)

Hi Mya,
Welcome to USAviation. Some of the folks over at NoWayAFA don't give us much credit. We've been referred to as conspiracy theorists and bitter people so I'm surprised you would stop by to see what we have to say. But none the less, welcome to the site.
To be honest, I hope if you choose to post here, that the writing style is a little less snarky than what we're used to from Dapoes. I know it's difficult when you're passionate about beliefs and opinions (believe me!) but I think from here on out, we should all try to be a little more respectful. Whaddya say?
Just curious, do you work for Delta, NW, or perhaps a consulting group?
I work for Delta as a FA, pushing close to the 30-year mark! (now I feel old!)

Snarky? Thats it, your off my BFF list!