Anti-AFA Delta FA's On US 1549

Luke:

Since you are a member of facebook, why don't you go to that facebook page and make a post about why you think that he is in error instead of discussing it here?

Clearly, if you are interested in his motivation, a post on that group's discussion area would be more appropriate.

Posting here is more like talking behind his back instead of stepping forward and asking him to defend his position.

Not that I owe someone who has also been posting anonymously on various boards over the years an explanation, but since you and I share a similar "aisle" name (are we cousins? lol), I will offer my response.
The main reason is because I use Facebook to be in contact with friends, NOT to engage in debate. That's what I use this site for. That's MY choice as it is YOUR choice to remain anonymous on the various aviation sites you post on.
Posting here is clearly NOT talking behind "his" back because for one, I have never mentioned his name on this board and more importantly, he is perfectly capable of coming here to defend his position. US Aviation is open to anyone and is one of the first links to come up when you Google "Airline Message Boards." Besides, I'm sure you'll direct him here. ;)
Finally, I am not "interested in his motivation." I know what his motivation is--it's the same as AFA's---to use any and all means possible to sway others to your side of the argument. The only difference is AFA swims against the tide whereas this group has the proverbial wind at its back.

That group is a complete sham and goes to show you who is actually against having a voice.

Look thru the members...

Many are managers/supervisors
Many aren't even Delta/NWA employees
Many are new hires (less then 1 year)
Many are EIG members

How many are left that are actually regular coke poppers like me and you?

I would say less then 1/2.

The people that have been around Delta for all those years including the "golden" years, mostly support having a voice and a contract.

I am going to quote a friend here...

Our junior flight attendants have bright fun futures ahead of them if they vote right “UNIONâ€￾. They will have a written contract of what they can expect to be paid, and how their seniority will grow. They are the fresh blood that we need and are just as valuable as all the rest of us. Many of them do not know the devious, ruthless greed that lurks behind those smiles, empty words, and sweet talk. I was like that once.

It is a shame when you are young and realize that you can’t take people on their word. That was a devastating blow to me as a young person.

Our new people just have to be shown the facts. Facts can’t be argued with. Then they can make up their own mind...Delta non union= short career and poor compensation, vs. Delta union=stable career and a written industry leading contract as the world’s largest.

AFA had better be put on notice RIGHT NOW that Industry leading (better than AA AND Cal’s) is the ONLY thing we will accept, and I want that out of their mouth NOW! (and we will NOT get that with out a FIGHT...just like Freedom didn’t come with out a fight!)

I think this primarily sums up why new hires are for the most part against having a union on property.

Obviously we know management is agaist us keeping our voice.

EIG members? "Employee Involvment Group"

Well...lets see, they are employees hand picked by management to "represent" my interests. Is it just me or is this a joke?

Why would EIG members side with management and help keep a union out? It should be pretty easy. They are puppets, they believe that by following the word of "daddy" Delta they will further their cause and help them move up thru the ranks of Delta.

Delta wants you to get that warm fuzzy feeling that you do have a voice, your peers of the EIG. Now, its ok that they actually have no real power...because WE listen, and WE care about you!

"Yeah I know, I know...we tried to outsource the international flying when we were at NW, but we have changed...plus this is Delta now. I know what you're thinking, all those customer service agents in Canada with 20-30 years that we sent home and outsourced their jobs, we feel really bad about that. Oh, and the Delta payroll department that we also outsourced and left those people at home, yeah we are sorry about that too. Geez...I guess all those res agents in our call centers we shut down and sent over India...hmmm...come on guys, we did it because we care. Oh yeah about the airplane maintenance...I know we laid off alot of people, but really...flying our planes to HKG for the heavy maintenance really gives our pilots a good view and is free advertising in HKG...don't you think its worth it to ship our maintenance over to HKG?

So please, as you can see...we really do care about the people of Delta and we do have your best interest at heart!"

Luke:

Since you are a member of facebook, why don't you go to that facebook page and make a post about why you think that he is in error instead of discussing it here?

Clearly, if you are interested in his motivation, a post on that group's discussion area would be more appropriate.

Posting here is more like talking behind his back instead of stepping forward and asking him to defend his position.

One more thing, aislehopper (my memory banks just fired up again).
You and members of your group had no problem discussing Danny C. here and other boards (including Youtube) anonymously when he was posting during last year's campaign. In fact, I seem to remember at one time, you defending the position to remain anonymous, no just on these boards but why your group refused the invitation to Town Hall meetings last election. Now all of a sudden, your team is "coming out" on Facebook (which I must say is commendable) and you now want to pass judgement on those choosing to remain anonymous.
You may want to go shopping and purchase a different size---your hypocrisy is showing but your credibility is not.
Have a wonderful day.

That group is a complete sham and goes to show you who is actually against having a voice.

Look thru the members...
If you're not based in NYC or ATL, you have absolutely no idea who those people are, at least I don't.

The people that have been around Delta for all those years including the "golden" years, mostly support having a voice and a contract.

That would be me.

I think this primarily sums up why new hires are for the most part against having a union on property.

The few I've chatted with and/or had riding on the j/s, all seem to come from the same mold: worked for an AFA carrier, didn't like AFA, now at Delta. Seems like mostly former United and USAirways people. (Funny, I personally haven't met any from Alaska --maybe because they have a superior contract?) Did DL actively recruit people from other airlines who were disgruntled with AFA? Did they bring it up in the interview? Also, didn't they have an anti-union indoctrination meeting during their initial training?

The few I've chatted with and/or had riding on the j/s
for what its worth...please do not make any disparaging remarks regarding other airlines (or be perceived that way under any circumstance..) while on duty..especially on the aircraft.. its highly unprofessional.

if people are chatting on the jumpseat about what they "didn't like" where they were before while mentioning other airlines in particular...its probably being overheard in the cabin.

for what its worth...please do not make any disparaging remarks regarding other airlines (or be perceived that way under any circumstance..) while on duty..especially on the aircraft.. its highly unprofessional.

if people are chatting on the jumpseat about what they "didn't like" where they were before while mentioning other airlines in particular...its probably being overheard in the cabin.

Who are you giving your advice to Dignity? I have made no disparaging remarks about other airlines on the a/c. The dissatisfaction that these few people I chatted with had was as much directed at AFA as it was at their former employers. THAT was the point of my posting.
Please refrain from trying to mother-hen people in situations that you weren't even involved in.
I don't need you to tell me what counts as professional behavior on board the a/c.
Thank you.

FYI.

Here's what Ms. Friend "really" said .... MEC Eline 1/16/09... sent to US F/As
In This MEC E-Line Issue
January 16, 2009

-- AFA-CWA ASSISTS NTSB IN US AIRWAYS FLIGHT 1549 OFFICIAL
INVESTIGATION

## AFA/CWA News Release 1/16/09 ##

AFA-CWA ASSISTS NTSB IN US AIRWAYS FLIGHT 1549 OFFICIAL
INVESTIGATION

Washington, DC - The Association of Flight Attendants-CWA
(AFA-CWA) today was officially selected to participate in the
investigation of US Airways Flight 1549 being conducted by the
National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB), an independent U.S.
government agency responsible for civil transportation accident
investigation. AFA-CWA represents US Airways flight attendants,
including the three flight attendants who successfully evacuated
150 passengers in less than 90 seconds as Flight 1549 sank into
the Hudson River yesterday afternoon.

"As the representative of more than 55,000 aviation safety and
security professionals, AFA-CWA has played an important role in
NTSB investigations for decades," said AFA-CWA International
President Patricia Friend. "We once again applaud the
professionalism of our US Airways colleagues who demonstrated to
the world the essential role flight attendants serve on the
aircraft."

Who are you giving your advice to Dignity? I have made no disparaging remarks about other airlines on the a/c. The dissatisfaction that these few people I chatted with had was as much directed at AFA as it was at their former employers. THAT was the point of my posting.
Please refrain from trying to mother-hen people in situations that you weren't even involved in.
I don't need you to tell me what counts as professional behavior on board the a/c.
Thank you.

well I certainly do not understand why you are taking a general comment personally.

The point is simply it is unacceptable to discuss these types of conversations on the aircraft(unions or any comment that may even appear to be disparaging regarding another airline by a "didnt like" comment..)..nothing was directed to you...when I made the following comment..

QUOTE (Dignity @ Jan 26 2009, 12:02 PM)

where did you fall into that comment? you do not.

Latest posts