ANY US AIRWAY LOD HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYUNITEDF/A

Dec 23, 2010
HELLO ANY ONE HERE LOD FRENH PORTUGUESE SPANISH GERMAN DUCK HEBREW LEST TALK HOW ARE THEE LINES HOW MANY PER FLIGHT? WHERE DO YOU WORK SPECIAL TRAINIG??

Our LOD/O's work in coach. They work the beverage cart and do Duty Free. No special training, and they do all the announcements and stand at the boarding door for boarding. They work like dogs, as they work almost the whole flight, and sometimes don't even get a rest break. We have: French, Italian, Dutch, German, Spanish, Portuguese,and the Hebrew speakers (and some Portuguese speakers) are translaters only, not flight attendants.

PSA- Thank for the reply, you beat me to it. Merry Christmas btw!
She is right they work like DOGS and are pulled left right to sideways esp on the A330. We once had 2-3 now 1. Not to mention expected to translate what pharmaceuticals to buy in Paris or where ever for the crew so they can avoid co pays. God forbid they learn a few words of the language. Nah just act like a regular Americans only to shout or play Pictionary with the clerk.
Anyway- LOD/Os get $1.25 extra per flight hour. You must wait for a vacancy to bid your system seniority into the system. If you speak Greek, French (CLT) or PORTUGUESE you will be more likely to hold the program. Hope that helps.

THANK YOU FOR THE INFO THE PORTUGUESE SPEAKERS NOW ARE NOT LODS JUST TRANSLATERS WHY DONT THEY APPLY AND BECOME F/AS IF THEY ARE GOIING TO FLY AROUND I WOULD I M PORTUGUESE SPAINSH AND FRENCH SPEAKER DO YOU THINK IF I GOT TO US AIRWAYS I WOULD HOLD A LINE IN THE PROGRAN ( lod ) ?

THANK YOU FOR THE INFO THE PORTUGUESE SPEAKERS NOW ARE NOT LODS JUST TRANSLATERS WHY DONT THEY APPLY AND BECOME F/AS IF THEY ARE GOIING TO FLY AROUND I WOULD I M PORTUGUESE SPAINSH AND FRENCH SPEAKER DO YOU THINK IF I GOT TO US AIRWAYS I WOULD HOLD A LINE IN THE PROGRAN ( lod ) ?

I don't want to throw cold water on you. Congratulations! But get through training first. And take it one day at a time. Good luck:)

But if usairways di like the other airlines 3 f/as per flight times 30 days we will need 6 portuguese lod per day Lisban and rio that is 180 positions per month. how many lods portuguese we have in us airways? looks good for us to hold some lines

PSA- Thank for the reply, you beat me to it. Merry Christmas btw!
She is right they work like DOGS and are pulled left right to sideways esp on the A330. We once had 2-3 now 1. Not to mention expected to translate what pharmaceuticals to buy in Paris or where ever for the crew so they can avoid co pays. God forbid they learn a few words of the language. Nah just act like a regular Americans only to shout or play Pictionary with the clerk.
Anyway- LOD/Os get $1.25 extra per flight hour. You must wait for a vacancy to bid your system seniority into the system. If you speak Greek, French (CLT) or PORTUGUESE you will be more likely to hold the program. Hope that helps.

Admittedly, in the west we only have a handful of LOD flights. Those flights are A319/320's and are staffed with 2 LOD/Os who each recieve a premium of $2.00 per hour, with the non-LOD/O (the B in back) basically responsible for the duty free. In the event a LOD/O calls in sick and is replaced with a non-LOD/O reserve, the remaining LOD/O definately feels the pain. I can't imagine only ONE LOD/O on an A330 who is also responsible for duty free. They have got to be getting totally slammed...and for $1.25 an hour? Good grief,that is just SO WRONG!

IN THE NEW LOD PROGRAM THERE WILL BE 3 LODS ONE IN 1ST CLASS THE OTHER TWO IN Y CLASS IN THE B767 AND THE A330 IN ALL INTERNATIONAL FLIGHTS TO MACH THE C/ SHARE ALIANCE THAT IS WHY WE ARE HIRING SO MANY LOD F/AS
PER THE CLT SUPERVISOR THE LODS WILL BE

MAKING THE ANOUCEMENTS

DUTY FREE

FORMS

GREETING AT THE DOOR

IN THE NEW LOD PROGRAM THERE WILL BE 3 LODS ONE IN 1ST CLASS THE OTHER TWO IN Y CLASS IN THE B767 AND THE A330 IN ALL INTERNATIONAL FLIGHTS TO MACH THE C/ SHARE ALIANCE THAT IS WHY WE ARE HIRING SO MANY LOD F/AS

MAKING THE ANOUCEMENTS

DUTY FREE

FORMS

GREETING AT THE DOOR

You need to get through training before you start thinking there will 3 LODOs on our flights...........Good luck but if you are going to training just because you think you will be a LODO...I'd take a nice deep breath and slow down. There are alot of tests and drills ahead of you before you think about languages.

MAKING THE ANOUCEMENTS

DUTY FREE

FORMS

GREETING AT THE DOOR

Status
Not open for further replies.