APA decision

Not only are you waiting a couple weeks, but the decision will be made the day after Labor Day.

Not a surprise that it isn't immediate. APA has to have time to file objections to the revised motion.

That's what I said would happen: http://www.airlineforums.com/topic/54099-summary-of-judge-lanes-ruling/page__st__10#entry927890

This can't possibly be true. The experts on this board said that the judge would rule within a day and abrogate our contract.

A lot can happen in 2 weeks.

Yes, there is a very good chance that the judge, the company and the UCC will have a change of heart and do what the APA wants......in fact the letter that the UCC issued today supports that.........(note intense sarcasm)

Cheers,
777 / 767 / 757

Can't help but have to conced that the judge made it clear that he would approve abrogation if the two provisons were altered.

But one has to wonder why take time to render a decsion if he already showed his hand?

Not only are you waiting a couple weeks, but the decision will be made the day after Labor Day.

Not a surprise that it isn't immediate. APA has to have time to file objections to the revised motion.

It also provides time for the APFA to finish their vote.

Why E?......... maybe 2 more weeks to negotiate??????

This isn't an episode of "Law and Order"...

The Court has procedures it follows, one of which is providing adequate notice to all parties that there will be a hearing, and allowing the other side opportunity to respond to a petition before the Court.

Will there be negotiations? I don't see why not. Even if there's an abrogation, the union will eventually have to agree to something. The difference is that this time, goalposts have been moved --- the UCC has said no more value, and the judge has said that the term sheet is reasonable.

Well-said, eolesen. You don't get an ex-parte order from a judge except in very extraordinary circumstances, like an emergency Temp Restraining Order. Anytime you file a motion and a proposed order you generally have to give the other parties notice and an opportunity to object and argue against it.

That said, I don't expect the APA to expend much energy opposing the order.

Well-said, eolesen. You don't get an ex-parte order from a judge except in very extraordinary circumstances, like an emergency Temp Restraining Order. Anytime you file a motion and a proposed order you generally have to give the other parties notice and an opportunity to object and argue against it.

That said, I don't expect the APA to expend much energy opposing the order.

ROFLMAO

I am sure you will see the APA Pilots object with great energy, unless of course the merger is all in the works now and this all just a show for the APFA to try and get them slammed into years of concessions.