APA getting a tad nervous?

If you think about it the company should. They are just being punitive if they don't! They made an offer to the pilots they felt they could live with why stick it to them?

If you think about it the company should. They are just being punitive if they don't! They made an offer to the pilots they felt they could live with why stick it to them?

Keep in mind, the company wanted changes to SCOPE.
Just like they cited regarding MX....The biggest cost disadvantage for them was doing all OH work in house. That is now changed for good.

For the pilot group, it's SCOPE. One way or another, that will change as well.

I guess it's ok to be punitive to everyone else, but NOT the pilots?

I agree with what your saying but i believe if the company sticks it to the pilots there is going to be a war and all of us will be casualties!

I agree with what your saying but i believe if the company sticks it to the pilots there is going to be a war and all of us will be casualties!

I doubt it. The pilot spokesman also made it clear the APA will NOT strike unless released from the NMB...And that is highly UNLIKELY.

If it wasn't good enough to be voted in, why should it be good enough to be given to them?

Just like the vote no crowd for the AMT's said, Vote NO and take your chances with the judge...

Reactions: 1 person
I doubt it. The pilot spokesman also made it clear the APA will NOT strike unless released from the NMB...And that is highly UNLIKELY.
I'm not talking about a strike but a slowdown , sick out write the crap out of the airplanes or simply refuse to take an aircraft if they feel it's unsafe. There are many ways to create chAAos!

The first paragraph says it all....."Union officials say American Airlines should give pilots the terms of a rejected final contract offer even if the company wins the right to make deeper cost-cutting changes."

Why did they reject it in the first place?
Sounds like APA is getting worried about pending abrogation.

http://finance.yahoo...-182603153.html

Uh, the difference would be that ratification means end of negotiations.

Aborgation and imposed terms of the T/A as negotiations continue.

Is it really that hard to understand?

I'm sorry, but the pilots will not risk their own job and create problems. They have a chief pilot to answer to and believe me, AA will have management sent down to every plane if their are suspicious activity. Now...if they want to fly slow then that is within their capabilities.

Uh, the difference would be that ratification means end of negotiations.

Aborgation and imposed terms of the T/A as negotiations continue.

Is it really that hard to understand?
Not at all....But is it really that hard to understand CONSENSUAL agreements are NOT required to exit BK???????????

Sorry, informer, I tend to believe a seasoned BK attorney rather than what you THINK you know about the process..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBDHbMdxtxk

Not at all....But is it really that hard to understand CONSENSUAL agreements are NOT required to exit BK???????????

Sorry, informer, I tend to believe a seasoned BK attorney rather than what you THINK you know about the process..

I never mentioned anything about consensual agreement requirement, I was talking about the strategy to get the best consensual deal done.

I never mentioned anything about consensual agreement requirement, I was talking about the strategy to get the best consensual deal done.

I understand. But let's look at the alternative. They get abrogated....The still negotiate. But it lingers on well beyond the exit from BK. Suppose it goes on months and months maybe years more!
Do you realize the further damge and changes that will occur to the pilots during the interim?

Keep in mind pilot SCOPE affects us as well.

The reason I started this topic is because the pilots were talking tough after they voted no. Then they threatened with a strike vote and NOW they are saying "no need to abrogate us,,just impose what we voted down."

Heck, that may very well play out. Who knows.....

If you think more about that it would place the company negotiating against itself and not with the APA, the worst blunder of all when negotiating. It would then become the new baseline from which future discussions would begin and remove the urgency on the part of APA to close the deal. APA is likely getting nervous about whether AA will have enough exit financing available to merge with USA on AA's terms rather than to be acquired.

In either case they likely see that both APA/ALPA contracts open for a long time before they are merged, something they did not envision with the vote no.

I understand. But let's look at the alternative. They get abrogated....The still negotiate. But it lingers on well beyond the exit from BK. Suppose it goes on months and months maybe years more!
Do you realize the further damge and changes that will occur to the pilots during the interim?

Keep in mind pilot SCOPE affects us as well.

The reason I started this topic is because the pilots were talking tough after they voted no. Then they threatened with a strike vote and NOW they are saying "no need to abrogate us,,just impose what we voted down."

Heck, that may very well play out. Who knows.....

You view this as nervous, I view it as using full legal service.
What if the Judge agrees with them?

Then your fears are unfounded.
Doesn't hurt to ask and play the game instead of cowering in fear like we did.