APA pres resigns

I seem to recall Bates being ushered in as being able to constructively work together w/ AA mgmt and change the confrontational environment that has marked AA's labor relations for a real long time.

Notably, Bates' own MIA base was one of the strongest bases against the TA.

I seem to recall Bates being ushered in as being able to constructively work together w/ AA mgmt and change the confrontational environment that has marked AA's labor relations for a real long time.

Correct, probably fair to say the replacement will not be as "constructive".

He did the right thing, and now its up to the line mechanics who voted NO to support the pilots in any way we can.

Reactions: 4 people
Notably, Bates' own MIA base was one of the strongest bases against the TA.

Wrong and wrong.

Bates is DFW based, and MIA was 5 out of 8 for no votes. The MIA reps were THE most outspoken salesman for the TA, yet it went down in flames at that base by 65%.

Good riddance to Bates. I'm sure he will enjoy his new job in management over at Centreport.

Wrong and wrong.

Bates is DFW based, and MIA was 5 out of 8 for no votes. The MIA reps were THE most outspoken salesman for the TA, yet it went down in flames at that base by 65%.

Good riddance to Bates. I'm sure he will enjoy his new job in management over at Centreport.

DMN reports that Bates was MIA based... thanks for the correction, though.

David Bates, president of the Allied Pilots Association at American Airlines Inc. resigned suddenly today, one day after the pilots overwhelmingly rejected a tentative agreement with the airline. His resignation is effective immediately.
Bates is a captain with American based in Miami.

http://aviationblog.dallasnews.com

My point is exactly that the MIA base did not support the TA.

Bates is DFW based

Uh, no. You're wrong. This was on the APA's website yesterday. Gone today, though.

bates.jpg

Uh, no. You're wrong. This was on the APA's website yesterday. Gone today, though.

That's really wonderful that you found some old info on the APA web site, but the fact remains that Bates is a 777 CA based in DFW. His current member info on the APA web site:

Bid Status: DFW/CA/777/I

Bates may have at one time been based in MIA, but he is obviously now living, working, and based in DFW.

Reactions: 1 person
An APA spokesperson also told Reuters YESTERDAY that he was MIA based.

Doesn't really matter, though. As president, you don't representing any one domicile.

That's really wonderful that you found some old info on the APA web site, but the fact remains that Bates is a 777 CA based in DFW. His current member info on the APA web site:

Bid Status: DFW/CA/777/I

Bates may have at one time been based in MIA, but he is obviously now living, working, and based in DFW.

Now that we have that settled, did he really resign? :lol:

Latest posts