APA President blasts management.

WeAAsles

Veteran
Oct 20, 2007
Management refuses to invest in both the employees and airlines infrastructure, Wilson said. The misalignment of management goals is beginning to bleed over to both our operational performance and customer service.

Additionally, Wilson criticized Parkers aversion to profit sharing. Parker has said repeatedly that employee compensation should not depend on the unpredictable exogenous factors that determine airline profitability, but his position can be difficult to defend at a time of record airline profitability.

According to Wilson, Parker told employees at a recent town hall meeting, When you sign a contract, thats the deal, thats it, adding there will be no leapfrogging considered until the next contract.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/tedreed/2016/01/25/american-airlines-pilot-union-leader-blasts-culture-gone-awry-after-us-airways-merger/?utm_campaign=yahootix&partner=yahootix#6e1781722061

Management refuses “to invest in both the employees and airline’s infrastructure,” Wilson said

Enough Said....  Parker has been Great for the Stockholders, the Board and collecting his own money but for his Employees...  well not so good, just look at contract Negotiations 

Reactions: 3 people
dfw gen said:
not a surprise at all. 
There is always some glitches with mergers, it will get worked out. You just can't make some people happy. There will always be leap frogging when it comes to contracts.

Reactions: 2 people
Worldport said:
There is always some glitches with mergers, it will get worked out. You just can't make some people happy. There will always be leap frogging when it comes to contracts.
Other airlines are giving out Monthly, Quarterly performance bonuses and Profit Sharing. Those items encourage a more proactive workforce.

Maybe they'll give us some cookies next week?

WeAAsles said:
Other airlines are giving out Monthly, Quarterly performance bonuses and Profit Sharing. Those items encourage a more proactive workforce.

They're $5 a box!

WeAAsles said:

Didn't we just get an extra $50? There might be greener pastures out there for you too. Your not too old yet, Reagan was 77 when he was president

Reactions: 1 person
WeAAsles said:

You are kind of an enigma one post you're "wow I'll be making $65,000 base" next post you're pissing on the company.I don't know think golf is your hobby, try building birdhouses like the "Fonz" it had a calming effect for him

Worldport said:
Didn't we just get an extra $50? There might be greener pastures out there for you too. Your not too old yet, Reagan was 77 when he was president
Worldport. In our BK contract language was made to develop a "mutually agreed upon Revenue Gain Sharing formula" That "language" to this day has not been implemented. The reason was that the offer from the company was so insulting that our reps could not in good conscience agree to it and it hasn't been discussed since as far as I know?

Do you remember the year Continental gave out an average PS check of $7000.00 and we didn't hit the metric for a payout? The company then decided (media pressure) to dole out to each of us $800.00 before taxes and a (100 Grand bar in DFW)

People "need" money and in my other conversation I never said they don't deserve it. And absolutely that includes you. YOU made those insane profits happen and you earned IMO something more than cookies or cake. Again IMO.

Worldport said:
You are kind of an enigma one post you're "wow I'll be making $65,000 base" next post you're pissing on the company.I don't know think golf is your hobby, try building birdhouses like the "Fonz" it had a calming effect for him

Operative phrase "I'll be" or I "will be"

Future tense doesn't speak for today.

Oh and the company should have given us the 4% but they "chose" not to. Their choice.

WeAAsles said:
Worldport. In our BK contract language was made to develop a "mutually agreed upon Revenue Gain Sharing formula" That "language" to this day has not been implemented. The reason was that the offer from the company was so insulting that our reps could not in good conscience agree to it and it hasn't been discussed since as far as I know?

Do you remember the year Continental gave out an average PS check of $7000.00 and we didn't hit the metric for a payout? The company then decided (media pressure) to dole out to each of us $800.00 before taxes and a (100 Grand bar in DFW)

People "need" money and in my other conversation I never said they don't deserve it. And absolutely that includes you. YOU made those insane profits happen and you earned IMO something more than cookies or cake. Again IMO.
  If we get what I think we will be getting in this new contract I'll take my TOTAL compensation over Delta's in a heartbeat.

Worldport said:
If we get what I think we will be getting in this new contract I'll take my TOTAL compensation over Delta's in a heartbeat.
WHEN that happens, I agree with you 100%.

Rogallo said:
How does it go FWAAA, This is the airline and mgmt the unions wanted?
eolesen thought of that, but I've probably posted it too.

My first response is that the APA had 15% first dollar profit sharing from Horton the Bastard (not the old Arpey "never going to pay out" formula) and the APA traded 2/3 of it (10%) away for some magic beans during the bankruptcy. A real union would have demanded the same magic beans but not offered to buy them with 2/3 of their profit sharing. Later on, they traded away the remaining 5%, another exercise in stupidity.

Nothing wrong with demanding higher pay, but it takes a special kind of stupid union and employee to think that it's a good idea to trade away all your upside. Simply demand higher pay and articulate the reasons you deserve higher pay - don't offer to "pay for" your wage increases by giving up your potential bonuses. Management didn't trade away their profit-sharing, but the rank and file did.

Delta employees will split $1.5 billion in profit sharing for 2015 with checks in three weeks. That is equal to a bonus of 20% of their 2015 W-2 wages. More than 10 weeks' pay!

No wonder the APA and the APFA are asking about profit sharing. In three weeks, those Delta pilots and FAs are going to be beaming as they walk thru the layover hotel lobby, thinking of their 20% bonuses.

FWAAA said:
eolesen thought of that, but I've probably posted it too.My first response is that the APA had 15% first dollar profit sharing from Horton the Bastard (not the old Arpey "never going to pay out" formula) and the APA traded 2/3 of it (10%) away for some magic beans during the bankruptcy. A real union would have demanded the same magic beans but not offered to buy them with 2/3 of their profit sharing. Later on, they traded away the remaining 5%, another exercise in stupidity.Nothing wrong with demanding higher pay, but it takes a special kind of stupid union and employee to think that it's a good idea to trade away all your upside. Simply demand higher pay and articulate the reasons you deserve higher pay - don't offer to "pay for" your wage increases by giving up your potential bonuses. Management didn't trade away their profit-sharing, but the rank and file did.Delta employees will split $1.5 billion in profit sharing for 2015 with checks in three weeks. That is equal to a bonus of 20% of their 2015 W-2 wages. More than 10 weeks' pay!No wonder the APA and the APFA are asking about profit sharing. In three weeks, those Delta pilots and FAs are going to be beaming as they walk thru the layover hotel lobby, thinking of their 20% bonuses.
Will the Ready Reserve rampers and others be beaming as well?