APA President blasts management.

APA board of directors writes letter to Parker detailing their anger:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-03-06/american-airlines-pilots-blast-return-of-toxic-culture

Here's the letter: https://www.alliedpilots.org/Portals/0/Public/DEPT/COMMUNICATIONS/Documents/Blast%20Docs/201603041647.pdf

Was anyone so naive as to think that "new AA" would be anything different? From my vantage point, it's become a very big America West - the USA's largest and crappiest airline.

AA spokeshole admits in the Bloomberg article that the pilots are right, and that a culture change is needed.

Reactions: 7 people
Funny....The union leaderships wanted change. They made deals with Parker& Co. and NOW are complaining about the current state of affairs....What did THEY expect?????????

Reactions: 2 people
Well, remember that this letter is from the AA side of the house, not the US Airways side.  The AA side had no prior experience with Mr. Parker; so, they had no reason not to believe him.  (Of course, they could have asked their counterparts at US Airways, but we'll leave that unsaid.  :lol:)

Reactions: 6 people
jimntx said:
Well, remember that this letter is from the AA side of the house, not the US Airways side.  The AA side had no prior experience with Mr. Parker; so, they had no reason not to believe him.  (Of course, they could have asked their counterparts at US Airways, but we'll leave that unsaid.  :lol:)

We tried to tell them about AWA management and how things would work and what they were going to be facing in the future, did the mighty superior APA listen.............

Do you miss Horton yet?

Reactions: 2 people
jimntx said:
Well, remember that this letter is from the AA side of the house, not the US Airways side.  The AA side had no prior experience with Mr. Parker; so, they had no reason not to believe him.  (Of course, they could have asked their counterparts at US Airways, but we'll leave that unsaid.   :lol:)
Many analysts were saying at the time (high oil prices) that if there had been no merger that US might have made it another 5 years max before they would have needed to liquidate. 

luvthe9 said:
We tried to tell them about AWA management and how things would work and what they were going to be facing in the future, did the mighty superior APA listen.............

Do you miss Horton yet?
Why would anyone miss Horton? Horton was elevated only to handle the BK and that's it. Now had we kept Horton which also would have meant no merger possibly, all of us Unions would have been stuck with a BK agreement until 2018. Because of that also I doubt we would have seen the dramatic increases in rates at other airlines and this current show still continuing of each group leapfrogging the other. 

No I don't miss Horton and I especially don't miss Arpey either.

WeAAsles said:
Many analysts were saying at the time (high oil prices) that if there had been no merger that US might have made it another 5 years max before they would have needed to liquidate. 
Weaasles you were on a roll there for a while (  Bluto.....Germans bombed Pearl Harbor.....   ) however before the merger LUS   was making record profits .  But you can keep going

Worldport said:
Weaasles you were on a roll there for a while (  Bluto.....Germans bombed Pearl Harbor.....   ) however before the merger LUS   was making record profits .  But you can keep going
Yes they were making record profits. But if AA had emerged standalone they would have been able to compete much more aggressively against US and it absolutely would have hurt their bottom line. Plus the merger needed to happen to defragment the industry. 

Bill Swelbar was one guy I was reading at the time but there were also plenty of analysis done that I was reading as well.

If oil had stayed high and the industry still had AA and US separate those profits could have disappeared as fast as they came in.

Here's an example that came out this morning. What if something like this garbage ever passes?

"A bill, introduced yesterday, would reduce or even eliminate the fees passengers pay for baggage, ticket changes and the privilege of selecting where they will seat — options that once came with the price of the ticket. The Forbid Airlines from Imposing Ridiculous Fees Act of 2016 (FAIR Fees Act) specifically would prohibit air carriers from imposing fees that are “not reasonable and proportional” to the costs incurred by the air carriers."

http://fortune.com/2016/03/10/airline-fees-crackdown-senate/?xid=yahoo_fortune

ATD said:
your avatar name fits you. You have no idea wtf you are saying.
Well since I don't know what I'm talking about I guess our current CEO also doesn't know what he's talking about since he said in one of those roadshows.

"I woke up everyday just wondering if we were going to survive"

Before the merger.

WeAAsles said:
Well since I don't know what I'm talking about I guess our current CEO also doesn't know what he's talking about since he said in one of those roadshows.

"I woke up everyday just wondering if we were going to survive"

Before the merger.
I believe he was referring to 2008 they survived because the other airlines grounded (took out of service) around 400 aircraft the equivalent of a good sized airline

WeAAsles said:
Yes they were making record profits. But if AA had emerged standalone they would have been able to compete much more aggressively against US and it absolutely would have hurt their bottom line. Plus the merger needed to happen to defragment the industry. 

Bill Swelbar was one guy I was reading at the time but there were also plenty of analysis done that I was reading as well.

If oil had stayed high and the industry still had AA and US separate those profits could have disappeared as fast as they came in.

Here's an example that came out this morning. What if something like this garbage ever passes?

"A bill, introduced yesterday, would reduce or even eliminate the fees passengers pay for baggage, ticket changes and the privilege of selecting where they will seat — options that once came with the price of the ticket. The Forbid Airlines from Imposing Ridiculous Fees Act of 2016 (FAIR Fees Act) specifically would prohibit air carriers from imposing fees that are “not reasonable and proportional” to the costs incurred by the air carriers."

http://fortune.com/2016/03/10/airline-fees-crackdown-senate/?xid=yahoo_fortune
 What would happen to Spirit? Every now and then there is some grandstanding and you know it

Latest posts