APA Signs accord.

L1011Ret

Veteran
Oct 31, 2002
Allied Pilots Association Authorizes Immediate Contractual Changes Allowing American Airlines to Operate DFW-Beijing Flights
Thursday November 16, 3:18 pm ET
'We are pleased to be part of developing this new market opportunity'

FORT WORTH, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Allied Pilots Association (APA), collective bargaining agent for the 13,000 pilots of American Airlines (NYSE:AMR - News), has authorized American Airlines to immediately begin flight operations between Dallas-Fort Worth and Beijing, China, pending the Department of Transportation's decision on route authority for new China service. The DOT is expected to announce within the next several weeks which of four carriers vying for new China service--American, Continental, Northwest or United--will be granted the route authority.
"APA recognizes how valuable DFW-Beijing service would be to American Airlines, north Texas and the broad domestic and international network our airline serves through its DFW hub," said APA President Captain Ralph Hunter. "We are pleased to be a part of our airline's effort to develop this new market opportunity."

sounds like a twu without further ratification deal

The deal must have been good for such a quick change of heart

<_<

Read the entire article, with the quotes......they haven't gotten anything yet.

All it is a proposal to managment.....saying, here are our request/demands/desires, sign it and we will fly it.

DC

One of the pilots new demands are that they get priority over all other employees if they are commuting for work.
They choose to live in Aspen and are based in Dallas so all other employees must pay for thier arrogance? What about the many many other employees that were laid off and have to commute against thier wishes? Too bad for them and thier families becasue the pilots are much more important!!! Did they not try this crap a few years back and try to get priority for themselves and all of their families?
The only difference between God and a pilot is that God does not think he is a pilot!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

One of the pilots new demands are that they get priority over all other employees if they are commuting for work.

The article in the Dallas Morning News this morning does not mention priority over all if they are commuting for work...it does say that the pilots want priority boarding over every other employee if they are deadheading for a trip sequence. Nothing was said about getting the priority while non-revving to base if they are a commuter, IIRC. They would, however, like to be placed in first class going to work and at least business class for the return, if available, while doing their deadheading.

They would, however, like to be placed in first class going to work and at least business class for the return, if available, while doing their deadheading.
I would like a limo to pick me up for work, and maybe I'll settle for a taxi for the ride home, but the twu told me the company can't afford it. So the pilots want to bump those of us going on vacation out of first or business so they can relax before work, why am I not surprised. :down:

I would like a limo to pick me up for work, and maybe I'll settle for a taxi for the ride home, but the twu told me the company can't afford it. So the pilots want to bump those of us going on vacation out of first or business so they can relax before work, why am I not surprised. :down:

jetmechjer and AMFAMAN,

You both might want to get the facts before spouting off with your anti-pilot BS.

There is no reference to commuting whatsoever.

The seat assignment deals with Deadheading to or from assigments on augmented pilot crews (+8 hour flights or more) Any pilot DH's on these flights are A1 or A3, well above your D1-D3 example for vacations.

If you both are AA, you may continue posting your foolishness :p

jetmechjer and AMFAMAN,

You both might want to get the facts before spouting off with your anti-pilot BS.

There is no reference to commuting whatsoever.

The seat assignment deals with Deadheading to or from assigments on augmented pilot crews (+8 hour flights or more) Any pilot DH's on these flights are A1 or A3, well above your D1-D3 example for vacations.

If you both are AA, you may continue posting your foolishness :p

APA has delivered a severe blow to not only labor/management in recent days but has turned now to labor groups. Recent developments will drive huge wedges between groups if the APA gets what they are requesting, (I dont think they will) Stand by, full details should be out soon.

APA has delivered a severe blow to not only labor/management in recent days but has turned now to labor groups. Recent developments will drive huge wedges between groups if the APA gets what they are requesting, (I dont think they will) Stand by, full details should be out soon.

Which part of it is related to deadheading to and from an assignment didn't you understand? Once again this has nothing to do with non-revs etc. Next time learn how to reading and understand what you are reading before you open your mouth.

Which part of it is related to deadheading to and from an assignment didn't you understand? Once again this has nothing to do with non-revs etc. Next time learn how to reading and understand what you are reading before you open your mouth.

Excuse me, but what I am talking about is NOT deadheading. APA has attempted to claim a negotiated item from another work group that is simply not theirs to claim. That action is what I am referring to as the potential "shot that was heard around the world" in regards to relations between APA/APFA. All this information will soon be available, read it all for yourself and understand where Im coming from..till then chill out.

"severe blow", "huge wedges"?.

Took a look at the APA info again, only other thing besides what I mentioned was pilot ability to ride the FA jumseats only after any/all FA's are accomodated. (FA's have priority)

Anything else besides that?

"severe blow", "huge wedges"?.

Took a look at the APA info again, only other thing besides what I mentioned was pilot ability to ride the FA jumseats only after any/all FA's are accomodated. (FA's have priority)

Anything else besides that?
Its not enough they feel entitled to F/C seats before anyone else, now they want our jumpseats?
regardless.. the jumpseat was negotiated in the mid 70s, it isn't APAs to claim, that in itself dose not bode well toward labor/labor relations at the company. To add insult to injury, there was no word from APA to APFA about their intentions before this pseudo-LOA hit the streets.. Its just nerv-ey....

"I would like a limo to pick me up for work, and maybe I'll settle for a taxi for the ride home,"

AMFAMAN,

I would like to have a democratic craft union. ;)

If that is not possible maybe we could all get some of the "self-generating" morale?

Seriously though, what of the AMT who goes on a field trip and saves a revenue flight? Would a "tired" pilot get preferential treatment and get first/business and the AMT coach next to som 300 LB. passenger?

Hey, if the pilots can negotiate from a position of strength and get this boarding preference more power to them. Me, I'll settle for the twu simply to do what I ask them to do. PROTECT & DEFEND my craft and profession.