APFA National Officers Election

Will you re-elect APFA President John Ward, APFA Secretary Linda Lanning and APFA Treasurer Juan Joh

• NO!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
medr said:
A hypothetical question. Let's suppose that John Ward and his cohorts are not re-elected. Will you see them back on the line as flight attendants, working under the conditions they ensured would be ratified?
I thought someone posted somewhere that JW said he would go into a management job before he came back to being a f/a. Some AA f/a said he made the statement at a meeting. Did anyone else hear it?

jsn25911 said:
I thought someone posted somewhere that JW said he would go into a management job before he came back to being a f/a. Some AA f/a said he made the statement at a meeting. Did anyone else hear it?
Personally, I find that hard to believe.

You "thought" that "someone" posted "somewhere" this claim? Could you be just a LITTLE more specific????

StraaightTaalk said:

You "thought" that "someone" posted "somewhere" this claim? Could you be just a LITTLE more specific????
I read from several different areas so I am unsure where I read it from. I will try to look for it and get back. The only thing I remember was that the person said it was from some meeting.

Does anyone else remember reading this from a post?

jsn25911 said:
StraaightTaalk said:

I read from several different areas so I am unsure where I read it from. I will try to look for it and get back. The only thing I remember was that the person said it was from some meeting.

I am still awaiting a coherent, specific response to jsn's latest post regarding JW's future. It seems that everytime s/he posts, s/he cites unnamed, unspecified individuals, the "quotes" from which could never be verified. Perhaps that is his/her plan...to throw out a number of unverifiable accusations, hoping that one of them would stick.

I am no great fan of JW, but, to be honest, jsn, you cannot keep throwing out these vague statements, and expect to be believed.

Straight talk:
I am still awaiting a coherent, specific response to jsn's latest post regarding JW's future. It seems that everytime s/he posts, s/he cites unnamed, unspecified individuals, the "quotes" from which could never be verified. Perhaps that is his/her plan...to throw out a number of unverifiable accusations, hoping that one of them would stick.

I am no great fan of JW, but, to be honest, jsn, you cannot keep throwing out these vague statements, and expect to be believed.

Good grief straighttalk - you are so impatient and rude. I told you I would get back with you as soon as I find the post that I read it from. If you don't immediately get what you want you immediately start cutting the other person down. Are you sure you are not associated with JW?

As I said in my previous post - I will look for the post and get back with you. Don't sh** you pants cause I can't immediately find it.

jsn25911 said:

Straight talk:

Good grief straighttalk - you are so impatient and rude. I told you I would get back with you as soon as I find the post that I read it from. If you don't immediately get what you want you immediately start cutting the other person down. Are you sure you are not associated with JW?

As I said in my previous post - I will look for the post and get back with you. Don't sh** you pants cause I can't immediately find it.
As I said, jsn, I am no fan of JW. I expect, however, that when one posts assertions on this message board, that they would be able to cite their source, or, at the very least, state something more specific than "someone told me somehere that this or that might have or might not have happened, possibly."

You appear to become defensive rather quickly, when questioned. Certainly, if I were to post such vague assertions, I would expect others to react skeptically. Or are you the type that expects others to just accept blindly what you say?

I also find it interesting that the instant somebody challenges you, they are accused of being affiliated with JW. Too funny. I would be asking the same questions if you were to make such vague accusations about Peggy Anthony, Dee Balfour, or any of the other candidates for National Office. It is simply the mark of a rational, thinking adult to want proof of others' contentions.

Again, I am waiting...and despite your characterization, I think I am being quite patient. :D :D :D

Think whatever you may - I did read it - however, I don't remember which site. No one has to believe anything I say - I was just sharing with what I read. In a few months we will see exactly what JW will do.

jsn25911 said:
Think whatever you may - I did read it - however, I don't remember which site. No one has to believe anything I say - I was just sharing with what I read. In a few months we will see exactly what JW will do.
So, what you are saying, in essence, is that you really are not concerned with being a credible source?

You say you READ it...but cannot remember where....so you are reporting information which is, at best, third hand, and then, you try to pass it off as fact.

Amazing.

jsn25911 said:
Were you sharing with us what you read? Or what you THOUGHT you read, as indicated in your original post.

I am still waiting patiently for the proof, though now it seems that you, having been called on it, are not willing to offer up the proof.

You are concerned about someone's credability? Look at your own post about TWAers not being suitable to run for an elected post. You know nothing about them and have written them ALL off over events that happened 15-20 years ago. Talk about a challenge to credability!!!

L1011Ret said:
You are concerned about someone's credability? Look at your own post about TWAers not being suitable to run for an elected post. You know nothing about them and have written them ALL off over events that happened 15-20 years ago. Talk about a challenge to credability!!!
Actually, the events which I cite are much more recent than 15-20 years ago, William. While the strike, as well-intentioned as it was, turned out to be a spectacular failure, I am talking about the failure of IFFA to remain the bargaining representative for TWA flight attendants in 1996, and the failure of CPFA to garner a majority of the votes in another representational election in the year 2000.

Incidentally, I am very familiar with the background of each of the candidates. The particular individuals involved, those TWAers running for office, are all former IFFA leaders/supporters, and, ostensibly, supporters of the failed CPFA, as well.

Straight Talk - Your talking about the failure of IFFA? Can you really believe your apfa is a success? Unless you are speaking of the success of apfa to destroy the f/a job and contract in such a way that you will never recover from it. Talk about a union that is a failure!!!!! apfa isn't anything like a union.

I do not believe you Straight Talk. I doubt very seriously that you know anything about them. Provide documentation!

L1011Ret said:
I do not believe you Straight Talk. I doubt very seriously that you know anything about them. Provide documentation!
:lol: :lol: :lol: Way to go L10!!!! Yes straaight, please provide documentation,
I am waiting patiently for your reply. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts