APFA National Officers Election

Will you re-elect APFA President John Ward, APFA Secretary Linda Lanning and APFA Treasurer Juan Joh

• NO!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Veritas said:
str8 taalk,

To his friends, he is known as Bill.

Others respectfully address him as Captain Chamberlin or Dr. Chamberlin.
Actually, Veritas, I think you and Bill ought to know that, despite our differences, I have alot of respect for him. Fortunately, or, rather, unfortunately, he shows more class in his responses than many of the TWA posters on this board.

StraaightTaalk said:
Actually, Veritas, I think you and Bill ought to know that, despite our differences, I have alot of respect for him. Fortunately, or, rather, unfortunately, he shows more class in his responses than many of the TWA posters on this board.
If it looks like a duck, if it walks like a duck, if it quacks like a duck ... it is a duck, even if it claims to be an eagle.

The arrogant and condescending tone of your posts says it all despite your protestations to the contrary.

Veritas said:
If it looks like a duck, if it walks like a duck, if it quacks like a duck ... it is a duck, even if it claims to be an eagle.

The arrogant and condescending tone of your posts says it all despite your protestations to the contrary.
It is truly ironic how, whenever somebody dares disagree with many of the frequent TWA posters on this board, they are called "arrogant" and "condescending." Quite frankly, you all throw around that verbiage so much that you have actually turned it into a compliment.

It is also ironic how the TWA posters, through all their vitriol and sarcasm, never seem to see their own viciousness and immaturity for what it is.

Sorry STRAIGHT, your demanding documentation from posters courageous enough to share their opinions for better or worse has earned you the title.

L1011Ret said:
Sorry STRAIGHT, your demanding documentation from posters courageous enough to share their opinions for better or worse has earned you the title.
Thank You, Captain......

L1011Ret said:
Actually, William, it is their vain attempts at passing off "opinion," as "fact," is what yields the "demand" for documentation and proof. They have come up with neither, thereby reducing their credibility to zero. :D :D :D

Have a safe New Year.

Straight - evidently you have a problem reading - never did I pass anything as fact. As I said I THOUGHT someone posted somewhere........... I even asked if anyone else read this.

You are just angry that I am apposed to what this union did to the f/a group. What I shared about JW going into management if he was not relected - was my opinion and I have a right to share what I read.

As far as JW - he has destroyed this job - and ALL f/a's are paying for it. How do you like making HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS less a month! Did JW take that kind of paycut. Is JW making the sacrifices of not getting enough sleep, not having a chance to eat, working Christmas, etc. I could go on and on......

I am not even encouraging people who to vote for. I am just saying that JW was working with the company and that ALL f/a's need to have someone fighting for their work rules. JW does not have the experience for 20,000 plus f/a's. It takes someone strong to stand up and get this union back on the right way - that being working for the f/a's.

So, you keep up trying to hide the real leadership of JW - we can just look at his past and see what his future will be. And if you try to give me this about the success of a strike (years ago).......well JW just GAVE AWAY EVERYTHING - so, I would say that wasn't much of a success.

So, I expect your attack - since you are so JW! Bring it on!

jsn25911 said:
Straight - evidently you have a problem reading - never did I pass anything as fact. As I said I THOUGHT someone posted somewhere........... I even asked if anyone else read this.

You are just angry that I am apposed to what this union did to the f/a group. What I shared about JW going into management if he was not relected - was my opinion and I have a right to share what I read.

As far as JW - he has destroyed this job - and ALL f/a's are paying for it. How do you like making HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS less a month! Did JW take that kind of paycut. Is JW making the sacrifices of not getting enough sleep, not having a chance to eat, working Christmas, etc. I could go on and on......

I am not even encouraging people who to vote for. I am just saying that JW was working with the company and the AA need to have someone fighting for their work rules. JW does not have the experience for 20,000 f/a's. It takes someone strong to stand up and get this union back on the right way - that is working for the f/a's.

So, you keep up trying to hide the real leadership of JW - we can just look at his past and see what his future will be. And if you try to give me this about the success of a strike (years ago).......well JW just GAVE AWAY EVERYTHING - so, I would say that wasn't much of a success.

So, I expect your attack - since you are so JW! Bring it on!
Jsn...I think you need to read more closely in the future. Certainly, I am no great fan of John Ward, or of what happened with the RPA. But, keep spinning your wheels, whipping yourself up into a lather. You are quite entertaining, along with woztwa.

Straight - so glad to hear you enjoy my post.

Now, how can we change this job and make it better for everyone. What can we do as a group to improve things for everyone.

jsn25911 said:

Now how can we change this job and make it better for everyone. What can we do as a group to improve things for everyone.
First off, we can start by leaving the court cases to the judicial system, and acknowledging in public forums, such as these, that we actually have more in common than we care to admit at the moment.

AA is the enemy here. I am not your enemy and you are not my enemy, unless, of course, you want to make it so.

StraaightTaalk said:
jsn25911 said:

Now how can we change this job and make it better for everyone. What can we do as a group to improve things for everyone.
First off, we can start by leaving the court cases to the judicial system, and acknowledging in public forums, such as these, that we actually have more in common than we care to admit at the moment.

AA is the enemy here. I am not your enemy and you are not my enemy, unless, of course, you want to make it so.
Straight - Man I am with you on this!

No, I want us all to work together - so that ALL f/a's have a job that is worth working and ALL f/a's ARE working. I think the company knows exactly what they are doing with this divide and conquer - but it has to stop and we ALL need to work together!

We need union leaders that will WORK for ALL f/a's.

As far as leaving the seniority issue in the courts - I am all for that. However, it goes both ways!

medr said:
A hypothetical question. Let's suppose that John Ward and his cohorts are not re-elected. Will you see them back on the line as flight attendants, working under the conditions they ensured would be ratified?
Yes, they will have to comeback to the line unless they run and hide in a management position. If they do take a management position, this will just show they can't work under these conditions they put us in. I highly doubt any base chair will allow any of these sell outs to hold a position on base council. I also doubt the new leadership when they're elected will allow them to hold a position with the APFA.

Here are the bases our sell outs are at:

1. John Ward- IDF
2. Jeff Bott- JFK
3. Linda Lanning- LAXI
4. Juan Johnson- Last I heard, IDF

I'm sure all of the flight attendants at those bases will welcome them with open arms...NOT!