APFA National Officers Election

Will you re-elect APFA President John Ward, APFA Secretary Linda Lanning and APFA Treasurer Juan Joh

• NO!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
If Jeff Bott's post this forum is any historical indication, and Bott is reasonably accurate in his post, then APFA members can expect some form of manipulation.

L1011Ret said:
If Jeff Bott's post this forum is any historical indication, and Bott is reasonably accurate in his post, then APFA members can expect some form of manipulation.
Bott is no better. He willingly violated the Constitution, and encouraged the Board of Directors to do so, as well, in the RPA voting process. His zeal to force this "disagreement" down the membership's throats, citing threats of bankruptcy, resulted in the furlough of each and every remaining TWA flight attendant.

He also was the one, along with Patt Gibbs, who drafted the resolution which brought about the Seniority Integration Agreement, the very same one the TWA flight attendants are challenging.

StrAAight - Jeff is not running for office - he is just warning people about the horrible president Ward is. I think he would know!

However, I have to agree with you about how he helped destroy the contract. If he were running - I would not vote for him. But I admire that he is willing to be honest with the people about the type of person Ward is.

I am not attacking your posting - I just see it from the angle of exposing what Ward is really like.

JSN,
I know this is a moot point since Bott is not running for office...but I have a hard time seeing the words admire and Jeff Bott in the same sentence. Jeff Bott continues to make a mockery of our APFA constitution with his "Letters of Agreements"...agreements that affect the pay of the membership, the furlough status & and agreements that could be used as bargaining tools with AMR. It would be one thing to make an error, but blatant disregard of the constitution is something else.

Skygoddess - Yes you are correct in what Jeff did and is doing. However, he is trying to expose the position that we are in - under the leadership of Ward. That is what I respect. I do not admire his leadership, only that he is exposing the corrupt, ineffective union leadership of Ward. He could have just walked away and not told the membership of the ineffectiveness and corruptness of Ward.

We have no where to go with the present leadership - it will fail. Now, is the time to elect people that can make a difference, improve the contract, unite the group as one, so that we stand strong against AA. That can not be done under the present leadership.

What I said was that I admire Jeff for informing the membership of Wards ineffectiveness and corruptness (that has nothing to do with his leadership as Vice-president). I thank him for doing that.

Skyyggoddess said:
JSN,
I know this is a moot point since Bott is not running for office...but I have a hard time seeing the words admire and Jeff Bott in the same sentence. Jeff Bott continues to make a mockery of our APFA constitution with his "Letters of Agreements"...agreements that affect the pay of the membership, the furlough status & and agreements that could be used as bargaining tools with AMR. It would be one thing to make an error, but blatant disregard of the constitution is something else.
BINGO!!

Soon the Ward/Bott/Lanning/Johnson show will be over. All I can say is they better not complain about the work rules and conditions we're currently working under. I just hope they suffer and can't hack it!

Jeff is trying to expose the position that we are in - under the leadership of Ward. That is what I respect. I do not admire his leadership, only that he is exposing the corrupt, ineffective union leadership of Ward. He could have just walked away and not told the membership of the ineffectiveness and corruptness of Ward.

We have no where to go with the present leadership - it will fail. Now, is the time to elect people that can make a difference, improve the contract, unite the group as one, so that we stand strong against AA. That can not be done under the present leadership.

What I said was that I admire Jeff for informing the membership of Wards ineffectiveness and corruptness (that has nothing to do with his leadership as Vice-president). I thank him for doing that. [/QUOTE]

I think it is respectful of Jeff not to run - and expose the horrible job JW is doing

jsn25911 said:
What I said was that I admire Jeff for informing the membership of Wards ineffectiveness and corruptness
He should have thought of that when he voted YES to extend the vote an extra day and not allowing us to have 30 days to vote (per the APFA Constitution). I look forward to his return to the line as well. JFK f/a's will eat him up and spit his a** out!

Ward's refusal to negotiate with AA until he ran out of time assurred the APFA BOD that their a**es would be handed to them on a plate while the AA F/As suffer with Ward's hastily contrived concessions. Ward was in charge and it was his decision to ignore AA until AA " put a gun to his head." Of course it seems inconsequential that Ward delayed till AA had no choice. Ward brought it all on himself but he will forever blame AA for the "gun to his head," short layovers and whatever else would force him to act like a responsible grownup. Ward negotiated the underfly and short layovers. He makes it sound like AA did it! And he still refuses to meet with AA. It is a known that Ward is the only union leader who has not had a meeting Arpey. And he doesn't go to the "marriage counseling" or the latest "we want your input on how to provide better service" meetings. Nothing like externalizing the blame rather than owning your responsibilities. I guess there are a lot of Ward fans, but his operating style is sounding pathological.

StraaightTaalk said:
Actually, the events which I cite are much more recent than 15-20 years ago, William. While the strike, as well-intentioned as it was, turned out to be a spectacular failure, I am talking about the failure of IFFA to remain the bargaining representative for TWA flight attendants in 1996, and the failure of CPFA to garner a majority of the votes in another representational election in the year 2000.

Incidentally, I am very familiar with the background of each of the candidates. The particular individuals involved, those TWAers running for office, are all former IFFA leaders/supporters, and, ostensibly, supporters of the failed CPFA, as well.
STOP calling Captain Chamberlin "William" !
You are not a relative nor a good friend..
Show, AT LEAST, RESPECT.....What the hell's wrong with you.
Pray, tell us how you are SO familiar with us--I really don't think you
have been an historical reference these past years--I think you are former TWA.
Do tell,- a dare Str8t-, how you know which of us were IFFa
Unless you have had alot of idle time in your life....

woztwa said:
Pray, tell us how you are SO familiar with us--I really don't think you
have been an historical reference these past years--I think you are former TWA.
Do tell,- a dare Str8t-, how you know which of us were IFFa
Unless you have had alot of idle time in your life....
Perhaps it's Maggie!!!! :lol:

Frankly, knowing what a number of people did or said 15 to 20 years ago is a daunting task even for those with accurate memories. Research strongly suggests that memory is influenced strongly by subsequent events leaving memories to lack credability. To me your post about what people said or did at TWA, IFFA, etc. lack credability.

woztwa said:
:lol: Spoken like a true "unionist"-NOT. You'd be on the streets without a union and you are close to it now if you align with the Devil. Glad you are out for #ONE!
Typical.....
I do not support the same slate as miAAmi, but you cannot blame someone for trying to protect their seniority (even though I may not agree with his methods).

I do not think anyone would argue about protecting seniority. But there may be other ways of looking at it. The TWAers were promised their seniority at STL so they are only protecting what was promised. But then AAers come in and take the TWAers positions at STL. Those AA F/As that came in to STL are junior to the TWA F/As that were there. And the TWA F/As were promised they could exercise their seniority at STL remember. So the way you describe it, AA F/As have the right to take seniority from the TWA F/As. Is that protecting seniority or stealing from someone else? We have little chance or resolving this question here. The courts will decide.