April/May 2013 IAM Fleet Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other than ATL, nothing has come back since 2005. Now that I'm thinking about it, that may be the only one ever.

AA has already negotiated and successfully outsourced a lot of their ramp work and other job functions.
So regardless of what union comes calling, "unskilled" ramp work will continue to be outsourced at ALL airlines for the foreseeable future.
Nah. I'm quite sure that if the Collective bargaining agent didn't wussie out that we could get gains of scope without question. Leverage is high. We need to lock in all current stations at minimum. No BS 'drop dead' dates that Delaney and NC have been known to negotiate. Everyone needs to benefit from this merger. If not then keep everything separate. regards,

Reactions: 1 person
US and AA are not merged, they havent received DOT nor DOJ approval, so US is not negotiating as the largest airline.

They are two distinct and separate companies still.

Why the misinformation again?

Guess you havent read that WN wants to outsource ramp work and other job functions in their current negotiations and they are laying off 300 IAM represented jobs in ATL and closing several catering operations at several stations.
Southwest wanted to outsource last time also. Big deal, that's why it is called negotiations. Management ask for things and so does the union. Doesn't mean the TWU is going to cough up scope. I hope this doesn't happen but it may mean that more pay = no more provisioning at southwest but since they already got all stations prior to 2009 in scope then I can't see the TWU giving up scope when the company is raking in hundreds of millions. regards,

Reactions: 2 people
Southwest wanted to outsource last time also. Big deal, that's why it is called negotiations. Management ask for things and so does the union. Doesn't mean the TWU is going to cough up scope. I hope this doesn't happen but it may mean that more pay = no more provisioning at southwest but since they already got all stations prior to 2009 in scope then I can't see the TWU giving up scope when the company is raking in hundreds of millions. regards,

Tim,

LUV is projecting $1.5 Billion in profits in the next year and a half so it will be interesting to see how the outsourcing request plays out. They have already outsourced some catering functions. My gut says that the Company will not get the outsourcing but will get some more part time.

P. Rez

Tim,

LUV is projecting $1.5 Billion in profits in the next year and a half so it will be interesting to see how the outsourcing request plays out. They have already outsourced some catering functions. My gut says that the Company will not get the outsourcing but will get some more part time.

P. Rez
I hope they hold strong and don't allow any more scope loss. The provisioning was always subject to being contracted out so its a bummer that management opted to go that route. Time will tell but whether it's southwest or United or AMR, one thing is clear, management does not respect its own employees in this industry. regards,

I hope they hold strong and don't allow any more scope loss. The provisioning was always subject to being contracted out so its a bummer that management opted to go that route. Time will tell but whether it's southwest or United or AMR, one thing is clear, management does not respect its own employees in this industry. regards,
The issue that should be clear to every employee in this industry, especially those represented, is the company views you as a liability to their profitability. You're a drag on their bottom line. Their sole interest is to eliminate your employment when possible. When this cannot be achieved... their intent is to reduce the cost of keeping you employed. Fairness, recognition of past sacrifice, achievement and performance does not exist in their dictionary. Gone are the days of a company's loyalty to their employees and visa versa. I would ask everyone to please keep this in mind as our NC goes forward.

orgac that has been on my mind since 2004 when we first filed ch11 i sure hope that and i believe that that is what is also on the mnds of the nd team have they started this round of talks yet in dallas? if not when is it slated to take place
also where will the june talks take place

orgac that has been on my mind since 2004 when we first filed ch11 i sure hope that and i believe that that is what is also on the mnds of the nd team have they started this round of talks yet in dallas? if not when is it slated to take place
also where will the june talks take place
Not sure what the status is of the scheduled talks in DFW this week. The next round of negotiations is scheduled for June in ORD I believe. The membership needs to be aware of the true posture and intent of the company regarding our contract negotiations. This is what the current and past NCs have been up against. It's time for the membership to wake up to the reality and realize the true enemy. Going forward... Protect the existing work. They want our jobs brother. Priority #1 = IMPROVEMENT IN SCOPE LANGUAGE!

I am glad the LOA saved the three stations, but what stations would have been in-sourced?

IAH should have been in-sourced as there have been about 108 weekly mainline departures for well over a year and, perhaps, two years. I looked into it and it appears the LOA stated that there would also be no in-sourcing. I didn't read that in the LOA but if they believe that is the intent of the letter, who am I to question? I am just a lowly member.

28l 10r you are correct. those 40 some jobs coming back to ATL cost the membership 250 across the system in cloing BUF IND MSY and I believe either oakland or Orange County.

my question is if the membership lead by the NC are at a cross roads with US management why haven't the Leadership request to have LEGAL REPRESENTATION at the TABLE or are the EGO's at DL141 to big for that I mean after all they did get 2 weeks of training at wippinsinger wasn't that one of the campaign BS promises from the candidates, I guess once they get re elected they didn't feel they need to honor such campaign promises. just take a look at where the convention is. The cost of having a convention in Hawaii has got to be at least 3 times higher than somewhere in the mainland . but hey its not there money its OURS

I was on the NC for M&R you only involve the lawyers when the language is agreed upon.

A lawyer at the table during negotiations doesnt accomplish anything.

The company doesnt even have a lawyer at the table until the I's are dotted and the T's are crossed.

We used a lawyer when we gave the company a full and comprehensive CBA and used IAM legal anytime we needed them.

thanks 700 i knew us filed in either 02 or 03 and then again in 04. in your 2nd post there does the same apply for the iam 141 as well and does it or is it about the same for all other unions or do you know

The headcount increase is because US is moving from the A to D gates. This will increase the time for driving to to/from the gates, bagroom, and carousel. The new facilities int he D gates are designed to be all but turnkey expansion when the merger happens. Punch a few holes for doors and BAM bigger facilities.

On Tuesday, one of the VPs came to PHX to give a small presentation about the AA/US merger and to answer various questions from mostly customer service and fleet agents in a conference room. As I understand it, someone asked about LAS and it was explained that there was no news outside of moving to D Terminal to be closer to AA along with a rejection of any expansion of flights and no mention of recalls or any OAL contracted work.

So she is either completely out of the loop, parsing her words carefully or these rumors of a recall are completely false. I guess we will find out in a few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.