April/May 2013 Pilot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop whining. Once again it was the east that started it.

East jump seater taking pictures of a radar in flight, this was almost 6 years ago. Turned in a west crew.

East pilot took a picture of what he said was ice and turned in a west crew because they did not deice. Except it was not ice and the weather could not produce ice or frost. The pilots still got called in and has to defend themselves.

Stop playing the victim when it is you easties that are the evil.
http://cactus18.typepad.com/the_cactus_18/files/USAPAcomplaint.pdf

Reactions: 3 people
Yes you must have forgotten those charges were all dismissed with prejudice. Nothing was ever proven.

Dismissed means it never happened. You know like you say in Wakes court

Yes, it was those imaginary rocks and debris that screwed up the postal machines. It never happened.

Reactions: 1 person
Unfortunately there have been many examples of bad behavior on both sides of this fight. I get frustrated by them but try to remember they are produced by the 5% club and not put the rest of the group in with them.

Human nature tends to highlight the bad. It seems to take an extreme case of niceness to have it told.

My one jumpseat experience with the west was a 95% good one. My crew was trying to get on an earlier DH home and it was about departure time. The AF/A took my bag and stowed it for me. The captain was extremely friendly and said he wouldn't leave early in order to give my F/As a chance to get there. The F/O turned and looked out the window when I offered my hand, but that was all.

The worst jumpseater I have had in years was an east guy that thinks the world revolves around him.

As absolutely stupid as it is, the policy is that pilots must remain in uniform when taking their break in the cabin. Tie, rank insignia, the whole works. Technically, the uniform includes shoes.

Also not supposed to eat while on break or watch the movie.

All the best,

Bob

Yes, it was those imaginary rocks and debris that screwed up the postal machines. It never happened.
If it were true why did the USPS not get involved Mike?

Messing with the post office is a federal crime. You could not convince or prove to the USPS that anything happened.

Just like you could not get any LEO or attorney general to even call you back about your made up false accusations of ID theft. Not a single agency would return your call to letter.

Reactions: 2 people
Also not supposed to eat while on break or watch the movie.

All the best,

Bob

Bob, the rest rules have been changed recently. It is now acceptable to read, watch a movie or eat while on break in the main cabin. Personally, I have to be really tired to get any sleep whatsoever, at least on the 75/76, as the seats in Envoy are so uncomfortable, especially on the 75.

seajay

If it were true why did the USPS not get involved Mike?

Messing with the post office is a federal crime. You could not convince or prove to the USPS that anything happened.

Just like you could not get any LEO or attorney general to even call you back about your made up false accusations of ID theft. Not a single agency would return your call to letter.

I know what ya mean.. Just like Wake and Kirby won't return your calls.

Bob, the rest rules have been changed recently. It is now acceptable to read, watch a movie or eat while on break in the main cabin. Personally, I have to be really tired to get any sleep whatsoever, at least on the 75/76, as the seats in Envoy are so uncomfortable, especially on the 75.

seajay
Wow that WB international flying sure sounds like "premium" and desirable to me.

Other than the ego thing telling people that you are a big iron driver why so obsessed with WB flying?

Reactions: 1 person
Wow that WB international flying sure sounds like "premium" and desirable to me.

Other than the ego thing telling people that you are a big iron driver why so obsessed with WB flying?

I bid the position I hold for a lot of reasons, to maximize my pay, minimize days at work, provide for maximum QOL and to do the type of flying I enjoy the most. If that were the 190, that is what I would bid. It's not, which is why it goes so junior. I assume you have a similar thought process, you just have fewer choices, which the West has chosen, with your "NIC or nothing" posture. Enjoy!

And don't forget to bid the 75 on the next PHX bid, assuming you have the DOH seniority to hold it.

seajay

Why would "Sneaky Pete" be taking pictures of widebody captains, now that's what I would call obsessive and creepy.

Reactions: 3 people
79. On or about May 26, 2008, the U.S. Postal Service informed USAPA that injurious articles, including rocks, have been sent through the mail addressed to USAPA’s post office box. There were also two instances in April 2008 of envelopes containing feces being sent through the mail to USAPA’s post office box. Upon information and belief, such mailings were made with intent to injure other persons, the mails or other property. The mailing of such nonmailable matter violates 18 U.S.C. § 1716, and subjects the person(s) responsible to fine or imprisonment of not more than

twenty years, or both. The U.S. Postal Service has requested USAPA’s assistance in identifying the responsible parties and putting an end to this unlawful conduct. Upon information and belief, one or more of the defendants or their co-conspirators are responsible for this conduct

Status
Not open for further replies.