April/May 2013 Pilot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately there have been many examples of bad behavior on both sides of this fight. I get frustrated by them but try to remember they are produced by the 5% club and not put the rest of the group in with them.

Human nature tends to highlight the bad. It seems to take an extreme case of niceness to have it told.

My one jumpseat experience with the west was a 95% good one. My crew was trying to get on an earlier DH home and it was about departure time. The AF/A took my bag and stowed it for me. The captain was extremely friendly and said he wouldn't leave early in order to give my F/As a chance to get there. The F/O turned and looked out the window when I offered my hand, but that was all.

The worst jumpseater I have had in years was an east guy that thinks the world revolves around him.

Well said.

Reactions: 1 person
And I'm the Pope. So, what did the post office come back with? Where's the follow up?

My guess is the objectives were met:

1) The behavior was halted.

2) There are names stored in digital files which investigators will likely access should there be similar occurrences downline.

My guess is the objectives were met:

1) The behavior was halted.

2) There are names stored in digital files which investigators will likely access should there be similar occurrences downline.

I think you're giving usapa to much credit. If such things took place, and all usapa wanted to do was stop it, just an announcement that authorities were looking into it likely would have stopped that cold. IF it happened, the coward that would do such a thing would likely stop cold and be shaking in his boots.

Reactions: 2 people
79. On or about May 26, 2008, the U.S. Postal Service informed USAPA that injurious articles, including rocks, have been sent through the mail addressed to USAPA’s post office box. There were also two instances in April 2008 of envelopes containing feces being sent through the mail to USAPA’s post office box. Upon information and belief, such mailings were made with intent to injure other persons, the mails or other property. The mailing of such nonmailable matter violates 18 U.S.C. § 1716, and subjects the person(s) responsible to fine or imprisonment of not more than

twenty years, or both. The U.S. Postal Service has requested USAPA’s assistance in identifying the responsible parties and putting an end to this unlawful conduct. Upon information and belief, one or more of the defendants or their co-conspirators are responsible for this conduct

I will see your false allegations and raise you a judges order.

Motion to Dismiss Filed by AWAPPA Defendants [Doc. 77] are GRANTED

to the extent that Counts One and Two of the Amended Complaint are

DISMISSED WITH PREJUDICE pursuant to Rules 12(B)(1) and 12(B)(6) of

the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure.

I further raise you a court of appeal agreeing with the federal district court.

Reactions: 3 people

DISMISSED WITH PREJUDICE pursuant to Rules 12(B)(1) and 12(B)(6) of

I raise you again, with The Honorable Judge Silver dismissing.

Bob, the rest rules have been changed recently. It is now acceptable to read, watch a movie or eat while on break in the main cabin. Personally, I have to be really tired to get any sleep whatsoever, at least on the 75/76, as the seats in Envoy are so uncomfortable, especially on the 75.

seajay
Seajay,

It's about time a little bit of common sense came into the rest rules. I agree that sleep was hard to get in those seats but I did accomplish some sleep when I was flying the DUB 3 days back to back. Come to think of it by the 3rd week of back to back trips it was more like a coma than sleep.

All the best,

Bob

Seajay,

It's about time a little bit of common sense came into the rest rules. I agree that sleep was hard to get in those seats but I did accomplish some sleep when I was flying the DUB 3 days back to back. Come to think of it by the 3rd week of back to back trips it was more like a coma than sleep.

All the best,

Bob

Bob,

It is refreshing to see some things change for the better in this US Airways pilot thing! Who knows, maybe it's a trend.

I understand that ICAO is in the process of removing their over age 60 crew pairing restrictions. Supposedly in Nov of 2014.

It's actually looking like my last 5 years here might even be enjoyable and profitable, imagine that! Heretofore, nothing seemed to last long at USLessAirways but the pain.

I am somewhat jealous of those "youngsters" out in PHX and the new hires here in the East. The future looks very bright indeed for them! I suppose it's not even really their fault out in PHX, it's a generational thing, "I want it all and I want it now", "I'm "entitled" and I don't need to pay my dues and earn anything". Worst part of all, sometimes they even get the "powers that be" to agree with them. What a world!

Best regards to you,

seajay

Reactions: 1 person
"You won't get 200 cards."
"Judge Silver will destroy USAPA on May 14. T-1 and counting."

How are your predictions going?

Mine personally? No too bad. I usually shy from making bold predictions. Luvr can't help himself, and does it all the time (hence my post).

Here's my prediction: Soon Cupcake, very soon.

DISMISSED WITH PREJUDICE pursuant to Rules 12( B)(1) and 12( B)(6) of

Wow! Neato!

How much did those mailings and phone calls cost based on the amount it took to defend that "dismissed with prejudice" lawsuit? That's what's called a Pyrrhic victory, I think.

I understand that ICAO is in the process of removing their over age 60 crew pairing restrictions. Supposedly in Nov of 2014.

That might be true. But now the rule is ensconced in US FARs, too. ICAO could change their rule tonight, but nothing would change for us until the ever swift, sequestered FAA went through their process to change the rule. If ICAO changes in Nov, 2014, look for 18 to 24 months for it to take effect for U.S. crews.

Status
Not open for further replies.