Arbitration

According to AA, we are being offered what would be the best scope clause currently at any airline, and the insurance would be the same as what pilots and FAs have. It would be great if we got the current IAM health ins but I’m betting AA isn’t going to give that insurance to the rest of the employees of AA.

So my original thought is still there. What does association expect to get from an arbitrator?

If you think I trust AA over the union, I do. I work 40 hours, I get paid for 40 hours. If my pay isn’t correct, I tell member of management and the mistake is corrected. I never heard from AA, if you don’t like it it, there’s no fence between here and United, or if you don’t like it move to Tulsa.

According to AA, we are being offered what would be the best scope clause currently at any airline, and the insurance would be the same as what pilots and FAs have. It would be great if we got the current IAM health ins but I’m betting AA isn’t going to give that insurance to the rest of the employees of AA.

So my original thought is still there. What does association expect to get from an arbitrator?

If you think I trust AA over the union, I do. I work 40 hours, I get paid for 40 hours. If my pay isn’t correct, I tell member of management and the mistake is corrected. I never heard from AA, if you don’t like it it, there’s no fence between here and United, or if you don’t like it move to Tulsa.
According to AA? The best scope clause at any airline??
We will wait for the offer in writing. Remember, they (company) also said they were offering ILC in wages and it fell way short of that in their last offer. So I would be very shocked if they moved off of trying to increase the current number of 35% to 50-65% of spend to outsource, all the way down to the best scope clause in the airline industry. Maybe the best clause for AA, the company, not for the work groups. We will see when the offer is in writing. Never believe anything by word of mouth. Even our company said our last offer was full retro, snap up, and a % raise for every outgoing year and it was far from any of that...

According to AA? The best scope clause at any airline??
We will wait for the offer in writing. Remember, they (company) also said they were offering ILC in wages and it fell way short of that in their last offer. So I would be very shocked if they moved off of trying to increase the current number of 35% to 50-65% of spend to outsource, all the way down to the best scope clause in the airline industry. Maybe the best clause for AA, the company, not for the work groups. We will see when the offer is in writing. Never believe anything by word of mouth. Even our company said our last offer was full retro, snap up, and a % raise for every outgoing year and it was far from any of that...

I'm guessing you are not a member of the TWU, or part of an association where the other half of your union brothers have arguably the best contract in the industry and have no intention of voting for a new contract, I know this because we work the same planes and I spoke with them while sharing a thanksgiving dinner where they had 2 days of x2 pay and we had one day at 1.5x pay.

If we had a mechs only union I might feel different, but then again if I don't like it, theres no fence between here and United.

Then question stands, what does the association expect to win in arbitration?

It will never go to arbitration.

The IAM has NEVER taken the proffer of arbitration in the airlines.

And I think I can say the same for the TWU.

Why are you he’ll bent on something that won’t happen?

The Association could have agreed to binding arbitration like the pilots and FAs for their open issues and they didn’t.

It will never go to arbitration.

The IAM has NEVER taken the proffer of arbitration in the airlines.

And I think I can say the same for the TWU.

Why are you he’ll bent on something that won’t happen?

The Association could have agreed to binding arbitration like the pilots and FAs for their open issues and they didn’t.
Welcome back...Too funny!

I'm guessing you are not a member of the TWU, or part of an association where the other half of your union brothers have arguably the best contract in the industry and have no intention of voting for a new contract, I know this because we work the same planes and I spoke with them while sharing a thanksgiving dinner where they had 2 days of x2 pay and we had one day at 1.5x pay.

If we had a mechs only union I might feel different, but then again if I don't like it, theres no fence between here and United.

Then question stands, what does the association expect to win in arbitration?
Correct, I am not. I know. With this divided asso. it will be extremely hard to get a contract passed as long as there are two different unions within the same asso. trying to come to one contract with 2 different methods of doing things.

Correct, I am not. I know. With this divided asso. it will be extremely hard to get a contract passed as long as there are two different unions within the same asso. trying to come to one contract with 2 different methods of doing things.
Why has it worked for over 13 years for the agents and res?

Again you’re coming on our pages and undermining our Unions. You are not in that Negotiations room with the Federal Mediator so you do not know what is going on there. You are only speculating on rumors you want to believe.

And haven’t I been polite and stayed off your thread?

This is my only comment to you little one...F*off, none of your damn business what I do.

The SECOND any new poster drops in on this board you’re on them like a pimple faced little kid trying to get to know the new cashier at the Supermarket you both work in.

No wonder we can’t get any new blood on this site when you keep lurking in the shadows to accuse everyone of being some former poster you had a problem with who pushed your buttons.

I won’t curse you back because that might be misinterpreted that you’re worth the negative emotion. But don’t you claim to be 58 years old?

Stop crying and worrying about me David...just ignore. If I knew you were gonna start bawling and screaming bloody murder, I would have thought twice about my comment. Didn't know you followed me so much. One post in a month and Heeeeere's David.

Now I'm gonna run along Dave, I haven't the time anymore to spend hours on here like you do...
You and the other four can get back to your discussions...

Stop crying and worrying about me David...just ignore. If I knew you were gonna start bawling and screaming bloody murder, I would have thought twice about my comment. Didn't know you followed me so much. One post in a month and Heeeeere's David.

Now I'm gonna run along Dave, I haven't the time anymore to spend hours on here like you do...
You and the other four can get back to your discussions...

I knew you couldn’t control yourself and this wouldn’t be your only comment.

6384F4AA-966C-483B-82DC-222285475E42.png

Got to say Dave, you are a sick immature individual, seriously, you need help son.